Is Our TA Up To Something?

GTO-Girl

Then why would you bring it up here?

The OP hasn't cruised alot, and was just wanting to get feedback to know if her gut instinct was correct. She's still allowed to do that, right? Even on the CCL board?

The OP hasn't cruised alot, and was just wanting to get feedback to know if her gut instinct was correct. She's still allowed to do that, right? Even on the CCL board?

The point was not that she was checking her instinct or not, but that after being advised by several people in the know (which is why she was advised to come here to begin with) that she should inquire of the cousin what the charge was for (which is excellent advice, IMHO), she came back and said, "Nevermind, we are just going to pay it and be done." Which led to the question, "Then why come here at all and ask?" I agree, why ask? One has to understand that the answers they get may not be what they want to hear, but in fact, are the right thing to do. I don't know, I mean $70 is not going to make or break me, but I danged sure would want to know how it's being spent. Just me. :rolleyes:

(Quote)1.Use the six suggested points - RATE: $599, POINTS: 6: Champagne and Chocolates (1 pt), $100 per stateroom on board credit (4 pts), Shared Cocktail Party (1 pt)

2.Choose the lowest price: - RATE: $557, POINTS: 0: No amenities(Quote)

This is what happened to us when we booked a group. You are really buying the points. No points and no amenities cost would be $557. Using 6 points and getting the amenities and $50 per person you would pay $599 for the cruise. In this example you are paying $42 more for Champagne, Chocolates and $50 per person OBC. As a group I had to decide which way our group wanted to go. I chose to pay the extra, because I thought it would be fun and a better deal. I think it has to be set up one way or the other.

I can't see where that is relevant to what her cousin is asking them to do. Could be any cruiseline. I'm just confused why she was advised at the ask a question site why she needed to post this at the Carnival site? Anyone who knows about cruising and groups could answer this question, it's generic, IMHO. Sorry. Just confused why this needed to be brought here?? Doesn't matter, just a rhetorical question.

Geeze, kind of rough huh? If you would read her orginal post you would see that she posted it on another board and they suggested that she post it here since it was a Carnival cruise.

Geeze, kind of rough huh? If you would read her orginal post you would see that she posted it on another board and they suggested that she post it here since it was a Carnival cruise.

And if you would read down a little further you would see that I acknowledged that and explained how it happened. I don't mind being called out on stuff, but please read the entire thread before doing so. :rolleyes:

I posted this on the Ask A Cruise Question, but someone suggested I ask here since it is Carnival that we will be traveling on....

My cousin is a "travel agent" but about the only thing she does is organize a group cruise every year on which she and her husband also go.

My question is this....for the second year she is collecting an extra $70 up front from everyone and in return she says we get a $100 obc. Why doesn't she just say everyone has a $30 obc? Something just sounds "fishy" about this to me.

Does anyone have any idea what the reason is behind this? Just doesn't make sense to me....

Thanks

Dianne

She uses points for ship board credit. She is buying points. Sound like you are making a 30% return on your investment

Bob

The point was not that she was checking her instinct or not, but that after being advised by several people in the know (which is why she was advised to come here to begin with) that she should inquire of the cousin what the charge was for (which is excellent advice, IMHO), she came back and said, "Nevermind, we are just going to pay it and be done." Which led to the question, "Then why come here at all and ask?" I agree, why ask? One has to understand that the answers they get may not be what they want to hear, but in fact, are the right thing to do. I don't know, I mean $70 is not going to make or break me, but I danged sure would want to know how it's being spent. Just me. :rolleyes:

One also has to understand that even though they give out info/opinion, their advice may not always be taken and in fact may not be the right thing to do.

And again with the reading... the OP in her last post stated:

"We are just not going to pay this and let it go. Not worth causing a riff in the family." And she thanked everyone for their input. So how about a :) instead of the usual and often waaay overused :rolleyes: .

:)

One also has to understand that even though they give out info/opinion, their advice may not always be taken and in fact may not be the right thing to do.

And again with the reading... the OP in her last post stated:

"We are just not going to pay this and let it go. Not worth causing a riff in the family." And she thanked everyone for their input. So how about a :) instead of the usual and often waaay overused :rolleyes: .

:)

Once again, I stand corrected :o Note to self: stay off the cruise boards during football season! Clearly I am not able to read entire sentences and watch football simultaneously. Sorry, guys.

Maybe we need more info--Do you live in your departing city (airport) If not has your cousin provided travel to and from the airport? Our group is 3hrs from the airport we plan to utilize and it is costing us and additional $60. It worth it to me because that is one less thing I have to do (drive) Just ask I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Archived