Is it not acceptable to take my children...

kiyasmom

Do you dislike cruising with children  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike cruising with children

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

I find most of us teens are respectful of adults.The unruly ones give us all a bad image.

You are correct that generally it is a few bad ones who make all seem to be trouble makers...although I think you will find most of us do recognize everyone is not bad, and actually we will be just as nice back to those who are being well behaved and act nice towards all of us. If only every kid was well behaved and practiced common courtesy.

Exactly. Those that vote yes are those who do not want children along. It was sentiment that those do not want children (those that voted yes), should just book a different type of vacation.
Im really confused now.....arent you contradicting what you first said(you couldn't believe people had the nerve to vote no and basically they were the child haters)..:confused:
I can't believe some people have the nerve to vote 'no' to children. I dare say these are the older people who have no tolerance for those with a lot of life left in them (ok, so that is rude too....but come on....cruises are marketed towards families!).

Exactly. Those that vote yes are those who do not want children along. It was sentiment that those do not want children (those that voted yes), should just book a different type of vacation.

why should the majority, the yes voters, choose another vacation?

I would not go on vacation with friends that were bringing thier young children along! I do not mind people vacationing with kids, but i don't have to socialize with them.

I do not book cruises during "out of school season"

I do not want to sit in a nightclub atmosphere with a young child at the next table.

If I am at the pool, splash, yell and play all day, thats what you do at the pool.

If I am at dinner and find I am seated at a table with young children, I go to the host and get moved right away. I prefer an adult dinner conversation, with adults, about adult things.

By all means, take your kids, there is plenty for them to do onboard.

In all the cruises i have been on I have never been bothered by any child,

not even the button pushing ones in the elevator, actually showed them how to do it quicker as to not get caught!

I only had to change tables once.

This does not mean I dislike kids, I just have nothing in common with the little darlings

I love children, and I don't mind cruising with children providing they are well behaved, and looked after. I do mind being over run by kids tearing through the ship, having glass elevator races and skeeching through the Schooner Bar on blankets at night. Families are on vacation together and should have a good time together. There are great places on the ship for kids to take a break from their parents and for parents to have a little alone time. All I ask is that kids/families use them. I have no problem with families coming to the shows, but the kids need to be supervised. After all we are all on vacation, and want to have a good time.

I like cruising with my son, 15. But I hate cruising with other peoples' children when they let them run around like wild animals and have no control and no rules for them. Unfortunately, I've witnessed a number of parents acting like "oh they're on vacation...let them do what they please" without any regard to anyone else's vacation experience. My son, although by no means perfect, does respect others, abides by the rules and understands that this is a ship in middle of a vast and potentially dangerous ocean. People, please tell your children to have respect for others and set boundaries and rules for them on the ship. Other than the staff at the kids' programs, the rest of the staff isn't responsible for making your children behave themselves.

You are correct that generally it is a few bad ones who make all seem to be trouble makers...although I think you will find most of us do recognize everyone is not bad, and actually we will be just as nice back to those who are being well behaved and act nice towards all of us. If only every kid was well behaved and practiced common courtesy.

Actually, the same can be said of any collective group, not just kids.

I've seen a lot of ill-behaved and inconsiderate adults on cruises too. They're just too old to still have parents around to blame! It's all a part of life and learning to deal with and cope.

Actually, the same can be said of any collective group, not just kids.

I've seen a lot of ill-behaved and inconsiderate adults on cruises too. They're just too old to still have parents around to blame! It's all a part of life and learning to deal with and cope.

So now you don't have to wonder where rude kids learn that particular art.:)

I've never cruised without my two kids. My DS was only 12 weeks old on his first cruise. We've now been on four cruises and the kids have never been treated poorly by guests or staff.

This is OPs family reunion cruise. The family wouldn't be complete without the kids. I say take them, and enjoy your vacation.

Of for gosh sakes - take the kids!

I will admit that I voted yes on the poll. But I think the question should have been clearer. It isn't that I don't like kids, it's that I prefer to be with adults. However, someone made a good point - sometimes adults are as bad if not worse than some kids! I guess being an adult myself I don't mind saying something...but if it is a child and their parent is right there and I say something to the parent about their child....I'm immediately the bad guy.

DH and I pick times to cruise when there won't be as many children on the ship and that works fine for us. But if I had kids and I wanted to cruise - I would cruise...but I would also expect my children to behave as I expect other's children to behave.

I don't think anyone has an issue with parents who bring their kids on cruises and actually spend time with them.

The problem is parents who think that everyone on board is their personal babysitter and they can dump the kids and go off and do their own thing.

If I and every other passenger around me can hear some kid screaming bloody murder why is it that their parents cannot?

After seeing the behavior of some kids on board ship I now know why some species eat their young.

I don't think anyone has an issue with parents who bring their kids on cruises and actually spend time with them.

The problem is parents who think that everyone on board is their personal babysitter and they can dump the kids and go off and do their own thing. Ain't that the truth!

If I and every other passenger around me can hear some kid screaming bloody murder why is it that their parents cannot? Are they deaf? I wonder the same thing all the time!

After seeing the behavior of some kids on board ship I now know why some species eat their young.

ROTFLMAO! :D

I would not go on vacation with friends that were bringing thier young children along! I do not mind people vacationing with kids, but i don't have to socialize with them.

I do not want to sit in a nightclub atmosphere with a young child at the next table.

If I am at the pool, splash, yell and play all day, thats what you do at the pool.

If I am at dinner and find I am seated at a table with young children, I go to the host and get moved right away. I prefer an adult dinner conversation, with adults, about adult things.

not even the button pushing ones in the elevator, actually showed them how to do it quicker as to not get caught!

This does not mean I dislike kids, I just have nothing in common with the little darlings

The majority (at least for the moment) seems to be the No voters (they do not mind cruising with children). As a mother of two I love to travel with my children. I am also aware of how disturbing unsupervised children can be. I must admit though that some people just do not like children, and no matter how a parent supervises, or corrects a child, they will still make the most rude facial expressions, comments etc. On a daily basis we all encounter situations that we might be bothered with, whether from children or adults. I just take a deep breath and remind myself it is not a perfect world and I am sure at one time or another I have acted in a way that annoyed or disturbed somneone at some point in my life.

The majority (at least for the moment) seems to be the No voters (they do not mind cruising with children). As a mother of two I love to travel with my children. I am also aware of how disturbing unsupervised children can be. I must admit though that some people just do not like children, and no matter how a parent supervises, or corrects a child, they will still make the most rude facial expressions, comments etc. On a daily basis we all encounter situations that we might be bothered with, whether from children or adults. I just take a deep breath and remind myself it is not a perfect world and I am sure at one time or another I have acted in a way that annoyed or disturbed somneone at some point in my life.

Our son and DIL's friends recently took their first cruise - on Enchantment of the Seas. They took their two boys with them - 7 and 5. They raved about the Adventure Ocean program. The boys loved it, and it gave the parents a little time off.

As long as you keep an eye on your children and do not let them run roughshod around the ship, I don't think anyone will be upset.

Royal Caribbean is known to be a line quite friendly to families with children. When a person with no children along books an RCCL ship, they must expect that there will be children around. If they want a vacation without children, they should go to an adults-only resort IMHO.

Our son and DIL's friends recently took their first cruise - on Enchantment of the Seas. They took their two boys with them - 7 and 5. They raved about the Adventure Ocean program. The boys loved it, and it gave the parents a little time off.

As long as you keep an eye on your children and do not let them run roughshod around the ship, I don't think anyone will be upset.

Royal Caribbean is known to be a line quite friendly to families with children. When a person with no children along books an RCCL ship, they must expect that there will be children around. If they want a vacation without children, they should go to an adults-only resort IMHO.

And there will be parents, just as there are aboard ship, that believe "adults only" doesn't apply to their kids, at that resort you are talking about. The solarium is a perfect example.

Or maybe the cruisers w/ children should go on Disney cruise line

Archived