Flying into FLL vs. Miami

KMBSCD

Hi! We're booked to sail 2/9/2008 out of Miami on Triumph. I haven't bought airline tickets yet, but am thinking of doing so very soon. I'd like to fly Jet Blue, and they only fly into Ft. Lauderdale, and not Miami. What is the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Rental car? is there a shuttle? We're going to fly in the day before, so as not to be rushed.

Thanks! :)

Kathryn

Carnival runs shuttles from FLL to the Miami cruiseport and vice versa (might be a private company but can be booked thru CCL). Price is $30 pp one way. There are other shuttle companies that shuttle from Fll to Miami also, but do not offer a return leg. Their price is about half of Carnival shuttle. Check out transportation at the FLL website for options.

I just researched all of this for my DD and SIL cruise in Oct. Cut airfare from $333 pp to $157 pp by flying into FLL.

I always fly in FLL instead of miami, I prefer the smaller airport. There are plenty of shuttle companies that will take you there, but it depends on my needs who I use (if it were only 2 people I would shop around you get better prices with groups). Also have you checked with your airline? Southwest has its own shuttle service from FLL and they are pretty cheap, maybe your airline will have one

You can go on-line with Carnival.com or call them 1-800-Carnival and use the shuttle service ( Carnival' Fly Aweigh program) they offer. It is around a 45 min ride from Ft. L airport to the port of Miami, and the fee is very reasonable. I believe around $15-$20 PP. cannot remember exact fee.

We just got back from the Triumph yesterday!!! We flew into FLL and rented a car from Dollar. When you return the car in Miami they will give you a free shuttle to the port. When you cruise into Miami they will give you a free shuttle back to Dollar.

We paid - $28 ($38 with tax) from FLL to Miami and $21 ($31 with tax) from Miami to FLL. It was very easy to do.

Have fun!!!

You will get more responses in the East Coast Departures thread, but I use Tri-County Express. When you walk out of the airport, they have a desk by the curb. Had me to the ship about an hour after I stepped off the plane.

Tri county express, also known as floridalimo.com, is becoming GO Airport Shuttle. Their new colors are green and white. Maybe you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport the day of your cruise.

You will get more responses in the East Coast Departures thread, but I use Tri-County Express. When you walk out of the airport, they have a desk by the curb. Had me to the ship about an hour after I stepped off the plane.

Tri County is who I always use. Iv used them at least 6 times to go home when i lived in the area rather than bother a friend to take off from work.

Hi! We're booked to sail 2/9/2008 out of Miami on Triumph. I haven't bought airline tickets yet, but am thinking of doing so very soon. I'd like to fly Jet Blue, and they only fly into Ft. Lauderdale, and not Miami. What is the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Rental car? is there a shuttle? We're going to fly in the day before, so as not to be rushed.

Thanks! :)

Kathryn

Hi KMBSCD, come over to the Roll Call board and say Hi, there are a few that are there now and waiting for more to come,My Hubbie and I are on the same cruise celebrating our 40Th Anniversary(married August, but will not cruise then) I am flying from Canada and booking this week not sure if we are going to Fll or Miami but will go the day before, Happy Sailing Everyone

sailorwife:)

We just got back from the Triumph yesterday!!! We flew into FLL and rented a car from Dollar. When you return the car in Miami they will give you a free shuttle to the port. When you cruise into Miami they will give you a free shuttle back to Dollar.

We paid - $28 ($38 with tax) from FLL to Miami and $21 ($31 with tax) from Miami to FLL. It was very easy to do.

Have fun!!!

tell me more about this? we are probably going to rent a minivan from FLL from Dollar and just want to know how that shuttle works to the port and visa versa? there will be 6 of us. you can email me directly at jwlnroe@gmail.com want to know how this works as it will be cheaper then using a shuttle service or carnivals shuttle as well.

You can go on-line with Carnival.com or call them 1-800-Carnival and use the shuttle service ( Carnival' Fly Aweigh program) they offer. It is around a 45 min ride from Ft. L airport to the port of Miami, and the fee is very reasonable. I believe around $15-$20 PP. cannot remember exact fee.

It's actually 30$ pp, 60$ pp round trip with Carnival's transfers.

I am flying into FLL on 11/24 and cruising on Carnival Valor out of Miami on 11/25. I found that the Ramada Cruiseport has a great package. You fly into FLL, get their shuttle to the Ramada, stay over 1 night in a king room, including hot breakfast buffet on cruise day morning, then transfer to port of Miami, all for one price. In my case (holiday weekend) it is $152 plus tax. This seems like a deal, and it seems easy, which is always good. You have to book by phone, 1-800-509-9854 and ask for the Port of Miami package.

I found that the Ramada Cruiseport ....

It's in a pretty nasty part of town. Do not walk off the property at night. You'll have to take a cab if your going anywhere as there are no restaurants or shops nearby.

Archived