REAL COFFEE! Have you ever brough a coffee pot?

I love my coffee :) ..... and I am going on my second cruise next month on the Splendour and would like to bring my own mini-coffee maker. Has anyone ever done this? I know you're not supposed to, but the coffee on this ship is NOT coffee. It's some ungodly syrup they mix with water and pass as coffee. I want the coffee in my room when I wake up, not room service (same stuff) and certainly not to get dressed to go to the gourmet coffee shop. Coffee relaxes me, I don't have caffeine problems.

Please let me know if anyone has done this.

Thanks!!

I love my coffee :) ..... and I am going on my second cruise next month on the Splendour and would like to bring my own mini-coffee maker. Has anyone ever done this? I know you're not supposed to, but the coffee on this ship is NOT coffee. It's some ungodly syrup they mix with water and pass as coffee. I want the coffee in my room when I wake up, not room service (same stuff) and certainly not to get dressed to go to the gourmet coffee shop. Coffee relaxes me, I don't have caffeine problems.

Thanks!!

I personally haven't but know many people that have! I have brought a blender :p

Thanks!!

Sorry...no electric pots allowed. You can bring a French press though.

I've done it a few times because I'm miserable until I have that first cup. I don't like to wait for room service or go anywhere to get it. But, I haven't done it since they began prohibiting them. Those Folgers packets sound like a good idea - on our next cruise, maybe I can chew on one until I can get a cup! (yes, I'm kidding) ;)

When we did bring a mini-pot (4 cup Mr. Coffee), I always cleaned everything up when I was done, unplugged it and left it out in the open. No one ever said a word.

I agree that the coffee is horrible and not drinkable at all! I love a good cup of coffee in the morning out on my balcony. Sooo go to your nearest Target and buy a French Press Pot for around $10. I pack mine in the box it came in, does not take up much room at all and will hardly add any weight at all. Bring along your favorite coffee.

The first morning call room service or leave out the door menue. Ask for a large pot of tea for 2 you will get a carafe of hot water to use for brewing wonderful coffee in your french press. Every morning repeat...

Experiment with the FP at home and don't use the amount of coffee they suggest or it will be very very strong! I also pack some baggies to dispose of the grounds in.

Enjoy!

Bev

I used to bring along a one-cupper French press before I discovered the "Melitta #2 Cone Perfect Brew Coffee Filter Holder". It is unbreakable plastic and lightweight. Because you use the #2 filters, cleanup is less messy than a French press. The silly thing costs $3.99, but it's priceless!

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

I've done it a few times because I'm miserable until I have that first cup. I don't like to wait for room service or go anywhere to get it. But, I haven't done it since they began prohibiting them. Those Folgers packets sound like a good idea - on our next cruise, maybe I can chew on one until I can get a cup! (yes, I'm kidding) ;)

When we did bring a mini-pot (4 cup Mr. Coffee), I always cleaned everything up when I was done, unplugged it and left it out in the open. No one ever said a word.

No need to wait for room service, just order your coffee the night before from room service for the time you want to wake up. They will call you and tell you they are on the way so you can throw on your robe. As far as Folgers singles, I always laugh when people comment about how bad RCL coffee is but then bring instant bags. Yes, there is some ground coffee in those things but they are mostly instant and are nasty!

I bring my small 1 cup coffee maker and also my electric toothbrush. No one has ever said a word. I can't move till I have that first cup and sometimes room service can take so long (at least it seems long to me). My one cup maker uses coffee pods, so there is no mess. I bought it at a garage sale for $5 and I've seen them online for about $15. The cruise line coffee is fine, just like to have that one cup while waiting for room service.

Please no lectures:)

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas and quick response! I particularly appreciate those of you who understand my (and others) predicament. Some people may relax with a glass of wine, I just prefer my coffee in the mornings and I'm fine. With as many complaints as they get, you would think RCCL could brew a simple cup of decent coffee for breakfast. If they did, I wouldn't go to the trouble of looking for an alternative.

Hope you all have great cruises! ;)

Again, many thanks!

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas and quick response! I particularly appreciate those of you who understand my (and others) predicament. Some people may relax with a glass of wine, I just prefer my coffee in the mornings and I'm fine. With as many complaints as they get, you would think RCCL could brew a simple cup of decent coffee for breakfast. If they did, I wouldn't go to the trouble of looking for an alternative.

Again, many thanks!

I just got back from the FOS and the coffee was great. They served Seattles Best - it was just fine.

We put the card ont he door the night before to have our coffee delivered to the room when we got up - it was always there bright and early.

Other than the coffe in the dining room of specialty coffee for a "nominal fee" , noo..............no good coffee.

Yes, I actually do haul my own mini Mr Coffee onboard (it does take up half of a BIG suitcase) and Starbucks Sumatra Beans (Ground, for cruises) I do need my strong coffee, and of the ships I have sailed (Inspiration, Grandeur, Conquest, Grand Princ and Rhapsody) all cofffee has been less than stellar. I need my to smell my own coffe brewen @ 0500, thank you very much :)

Cheers :)

I used to bring along a one-cupper French press before I discovered the "Melitta #2 Cone Perfect Brew Coffee Filter Holder". It is unbreakable plastic and lightweight. Because you use the #2 filters, cleanup is less messy than a French press. The silly thing costs $3.99, but it's priceless!

The Melitta filter holder, #2 filters, 3 nesting metal cups, and an immersion heater come with me on all my trips, along with Douwe Egbert coffee. All I need then is some water. The immersion heater is tiny, and the cups and filter holder take up no more room than a small French press. The cups and the heater can be found at sporting goods/camping/backpacking suppliers. I have 2 filter holders and have no idea where to get more!

I just got back from the FOS and the coffee was great. They served Seattles Best - it was just fine.

We put the card ont he door the night before to have our coffee delivered to the room when we got up - it was always there bright and early.

That card thing never worked for us as we never know what time we will wake up while on a cruise. Now if you know you want to wake up at a certain time then that is a good thing to do but on a cruise we take it a day at a time, never plan a certain time to wake up each morning.

Ive brought my coffee maker on every one of my cruises. I clean up the mess and dont expect the steward to do it. I never knew they werent allowed and no one told me different. On our last Valor cruise all three couples we were with brought theirs also. We also make ice tea.

Again, many thanks!

Yes, nothing like waking up with a nice glass of Merlot. ;)

Ive brought my coffee maker on every one of my cruises. I clean up the mess and dont expect the steward to do it. I never knew they werent allowed and no one told me different. On our last Valor cruise all three couples we were with brought theirs also. We also make ice tea.

I doubt the rule about no coffee makers is about the mess some might leave behind.

Now you know they aren't allowed.:)

Archived