Holiday, Riviera Deck & Smell

MSgirl&Luv2cruz

Hi everyone.

Bottom line to a very long story is that we have booked a cabin mid-ship on the Riviera deck of the Holiday. I have cruised several times, but never this far down. I have been on the Holiday as well, but we were several decks up and I didn't notice a sewer smell. Are our chances going to be higher that we will notice it on this deck? We are also in an inside cabin for the first time. Will I notice anything different in the cabin (minus the window, of course)? Is there a difference in service or is that strictly dependant on your steward?

Regardless, it's still a cruise, so we'll be fine...but I would like to go as informed and prepared as possible...(kids are cruising with us this time!)

Thanks!

Lisa

I have cruised on the Holiday 5 times, twice on Riviera Deck, never smelled anything like what you mentioned. I did smell sewer odors on the exterior decks while in port in Mobile once. I happened to notice that sewage was being pumped off the ship into tanker trucks; that was the source of the odor. Never smelled anything after we sailed. As for service; I've never noticed a difference between inside, outside, or balcony. My experience has always been excellent!

and will next Sat..aft, fwd, mid..never a smell..some golden water off n on.Was on U last week nada there either. My nose is super sensitive and seems to carry a smell all day to the point of nauseating..but never on Holiday. 11 cruises left for now..always get a g't rm. and really like the quiet R deck

I think it depends on your fellow passengers. Someone flushes something down a toilet that stops it up, the whole passageway is going to smell for a while.

Someone was talking about a older ship on RCI and said the pipes are also older and some things that would slip thru on a newer ship get stuck on a older ship and block up the pipes.

Depends on your fellow passengers.

Hi everyone.

Bottom line to a very long story is that we have booked a cabin mid-ship on the Riviera deck of the Holiday. I have cruised several times, but never this far down. I have been on the Holiday as well, but we were several decks up and I didn't notice a sewer smell. Are our chances going to be higher that we will notice it on this deck? We are also in an inside cabin for the first time. Will I notice anything different in the cabin (minus the window, of course)? Is there a difference in service or is that strictly dependant on your steward?

Regardless, it's still a cruise, so we'll be fine...but I would like to go as informed and prepared as possible...(kids are cruising with us this time!)

Thanks!

Lisa

I cruise Holiday last November and was mid-ship Riviera Deck ... and yes, we did have sewer smell in the bathroom. It was most obvious when docked in ports. We also had problems with the shower water running brown and not being able to regulate the temperature. Despite these things, we still enjoyed our cruise, but the Holiday is not one of my favorite ships.

I'm sure you will have a great time!

Hi everyone.

Thanks!

Lisa

I cruise Holiday last November and was mid-ship Riviera Deck ... and yes, we did have sewer smell in the bathroom. It was most obvious when docked in ports. We also had problems with the shower water running brown and not being able to regulate the temperature. Despite these things, we still enjoyed our cruise, but the Holiday is not one of my favorite ships.

Hi everyone.

Thanks!

Lisa

ie: stadium, conv ctr, church, shopping mall someones home?..do ya ever smell the sulphur/sewer smell?..do ya complain to the management..proly not, it's just expected from time to time. City water, serwer system, all factor in waste control..its allll gotttta go sommmers!:D

I told dh last night that I bet I'd have an answer or two this morning... Isn't it just the neatest thing to be able to get such great information so quickly? And most of it is first-hand experience!

This will be my sixth cruise, but it's the first one with the kids along, so the planning, preparing, etc... feels a bit different b/c I'm having to think of them too...

So... thanks again for your help!!!

Lisa

Archived