Costa Maya

neversink4

While it might be nice to have another port on the Spirit route - a cruise with an extra day at sea is better than no cruise at all. The weather at sea still is likely to be much better than the weather here in Toronto at that time of year!

Or just south of you in Buffalo which is where we're coming from!

LOL, tell us how you REALLY feel about Progreso Nita!

That's about how I feel about the 3rd day at sea. I like 1 on either end, but 3 is one too many in my book for a 7 day cruise. I'd LOVE to see Ocho Rios as a replacement, but it may not be within range.

i have been wishing for ages they could do some revamping of the routes out of NOLA and Texas. They all go the same places. Even if I am not a big fan of Ocho Rios, i agree it would be a good option, if possible.

Nita

LOL!

Have you posted into the roll call thread yet for Predent's week on the Spirit? Or is there another that I missed?

Here's the one I started back in April...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528416

I guess I had posted to the unmerged one!!! We are all together now arent we even if we dont know where we will be stopping!

Just got off the phone with my TA (who I have always loved). Alternate port for the SPirit for Pres week is COZUMEL , No idea about Progresso but from what Nita says and she seems to know what she is talking about, we won!!!! yea!!!!

I am in the minority here, it seems, but I'm hoping for an extra sea day. I've never done a cruise with 4 ports and I was a bit concerned about a 4 port itinerary to begin with. I also recently learned that the kids program has a charge on port days, which makes port days even less desirable from my point of view. We normally go out into port in the morning and by 1 or 2 PM we're back on board and the kids are ready to go do some things with the kids program. I guess I'm spoiled by what Carnival offers - I was shocked to learn that NCL charges for this. We also just went to Progreso this week, and I'm REALLY hoping we don't go back there. Yuck.

Just got off the phone with my TA (who I have always loved). Alternate port for the SPirit for Pres week is COZUMEL , No idea about Progresso but from what Nita says and she seems to know what she is talking about, we won!!!! yea!!!!

We're already going to Cozumel on the other end of the trip. Going there a second time makes no sense.

BTW, when I called earlier today that was the first response I was given, then upon pushing and telling her how illogical that was the agent picked up the phone and Found out she was wrong.

Many agents and TA's may have mis-information because the Sun is adding Cozumel (was never on the original itinerary), but for the Spirit to go Cozumel, then Guatemala, then Belize, then back to Cozumel (as originally scheduled) seems way off to me.

The last time I cruised to Cozumel I took a dune buggy tour and my dune buggy as well as others kept breaking down. We fell further and further behind and never finished the tour. We had to wait for replacement dune buggies to be brought to us and this resulted in a mad dash to make it back to the ship on time. We made it back with about 20 minutes before the scheduled sailing time, talk about a close call. One consequence of all the delays was that I never made it to Carlos & Charlie’s, with this port change I will now be able address that serious shortcoming of my last visit.:D

I just got off the phone with NCL, and I was informed that my Dec 30 cruise on the Spirit will be going to Roatan, Honduras instead of Costa Maya, Mexico for its first stop. That is fine with me since I have never been to Roatan. The other cruise ports remain unchanged.

We're already going to Cozumel on the other end of the trip. Going there a second time makes no sense.

BTW, when I called earlier today that was the first response I was given, then upon pushing and telling her how illogical that was the agent picked up the phone and Found out she was wrong.

Many agents and TA's may have mis-information because the Sun is adding Cozumel (was never on the original itinerary), but for the Spirit to go Cozumel, then Guatemala, then Belize, then back to Cozumel (as originally scheduled) seems way off to me.

darn sounds like my ta is wrong (how scary that I dont know the itinerary!!). I will call her again and see if she can push to find out. Sea days are boring to me... I like to see places!

She may be right; when I spoke with them they said the announcement would be made tomorrow or Monday. So far I haven't heard anything different, but we don't all hear in the very same minute. Cozumel certainly sounds better than an extra day at sea, or it does to me.

you know what, i wasn't even thinking about the itinerary already includes Cozumel. I think the TA might have the ships mixed up. we have been balmbarted with port changes due to Dean thus we all might be a little confused.

Nita

pdf.gifSRVF7E8.pdf

Update! Norwegian Cruise Line

star2.bmp Norwegian Sun's itinerary now includes Cozumel instead of Costa Maya.

star2.bmp Instead of calling at Costa Maya, Norwegian Spirit's seven-night Western Caribbean sailings from November 18, 2007 through March 23, 2008 will feature a call in Roatan.

Hmm, I wonder if it's gonna be a shortened port stay as it's been pointed out that millage wise Roatan was too far distant for a 1st port stop. I'll add we're happy to have Roatan added in!

I called Shore Excursions today after I did my initial posting, and the agent said that Roatan was, indeed, the new port (she looked it up after I told her the email had just gone out from NCL to its employees), but the shore excursions still showed Costa Maya as the first stop. I asked her if the Roatan shore excursions on the NCL webpage would be the same, and she said that it would likely be the same ones.

Sorry, it all runs together but it says Roatan from 1:00pm-8:00pm. Everything else looks the same

September 13, 2007

Res Id :

Page 1 of 3

September 13, 2007

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Travel Partners & Guests,

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has important information for you regarding Norwegian Spirit’s 7-Day Exotic Western

Caribbean itineraries from November 18, 2007 until March 23, 2008. All guests booked on these sailings need to be

aware of the change and travel partners are kindly asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of the effects of Hurricane Dean to the port of Costa Maya, Mexico, we have revised the itinerary as noted

below, replacing Costa Maya with a call to Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras.

Original: Revised:

Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 5:30 PM Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 5:30 PM

Mon Mon

Tue Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tue Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

Wed Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Wed Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Thu Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat Sat

Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 8:00 AM Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 8:00 AM

Should you have any questions, please call us at (800) 327-7030 Monday to Friday 8am to midnight EDT or Saturday and

Sunday 9am to 9pm EDT and a Norwegian Cruise Line representative will be available to assist you.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Page 2 of 3

Page 3 of 3

Sorry, it all runs together but it says Roatan from 1:00pm-8:00pm. Everything else looks the same

September 13, 2007

Res Id :

Page 1 of 3

September 13, 2007

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Travel Partners & Guests,

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has important information for you regarding Norwegian Spirit’s 7-Day Exotic Western

Caribbean itineraries from November 18, 2007 until March 23, 2008. All guests booked on these sailings need to be

aware of the change and travel partners are kindly asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of the effects of Hurricane Dean to the port of Costa Maya, Mexico, we have revised the itinerary as noted

below, replacing Costa Maya with a call to Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras.

Original: Revised:

Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 5:30 PM Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 5:30 PM

Mon Mon

Tue Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tue Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

Wed Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Wed Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Thu Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat Sat

Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 8:00 AM Sun New Orleans, Louisiana 8:00 AM

Should you have any questions, please call us at (800) 327-7030 Monday to Friday 8am to midnight EDT or Saturday and

Sunday 9am to 9pm EDT and a Norwegian Cruise Line representative will be available to assist you.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Page 2 of 3

Page 3 of 3

Cool, I was thinking it'd be an afternoon arrival due to the extra distance. Time to start researching things to do in Roatan (I read a couple months ago about visiting the orphanages and bringing donations for the kids, we may be up for that).

I'm excited to hit 4 Central American countries on this trip!

Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, and Mexico!

I love this itinerary!

I got the same thing from corporate this afternoon. 1 - 8pm.

Gosh, this looks like a terrific itinerary!

Jana

Cool, I was thinking it'd be an afternoon arrival due to the extra distance. Time to start researching things to do in Roatan (I read a couple months ago about visiting the orphanages and bringing donations for the kids, we may be up for that).

I'm excited to hit 4 Central American countries on this trip!

Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, and Mexico!

I love this itinerary!

I too LOVE this itinerary! We went to Roatan on our last cruise-hands down our favorite stop (all 11 of us!). We actually did not do a shore excursion-got off the trip, met a van and they brought us to a BEAUTIFUL beach, we snorkeled, girls got their hair done shopped on the beach and had a WONDERFUL time. The van driver left a pre-teen/teen with us (made us feel better they wouldn't leave us too!) who was just SOOOO helpful. My kids got quite an education about life for kids in Honduras. Apparently they work during the day (as guides like this kid was) and go to school from 3-8pm.......

We plan on doing the same since we had such an amazing time last time...

Just a thought

I'm really loving this Spirit itinerary for Nov. 25 cruise.

More I think about it, the more excited I'm getting.:D Been to Roatan 4 or 5 times now and want to see it as many times as I can before that new Royal Caribbean pier changes the island forever.

Dianne

On the NCL webpage when you goto view which stops you make on the Spirit for Jan 27th it shows Rotan as the first stop. It stops at 1pm and leaves at 8pm

This is one reason why DH & I are thinking this change is so great. On our past trips to Roatan our ship has always arrived between 9 and 11:00 a.m. and departed between 4 and 5 p.m.

We'll finally get to see the sunset at our favorite Caribbean island. Plan on viewing the sunset from our favorite restaurant & bar on the island, the Blind Tiger, which is located within a few hundred feet of the pier.

Dianne

Archived