Questions about HAL's Photo Store

MHS4

On the Princess last spring, they would glady put aside any daily photos of us that we liked and then at the end of the cruise we could select those, if any, we decided to purchase. Can you do this on HAL?

Also, will the shop have disposable, waterproof cameras for sale? While the price may be a bit more than the local drugstore or Walmart, it would avoid the necessary to put it in carry-on & its multi-times exposure to X-rays.

If shops vary by ship or class, this would be for an October Westerdam 7-day cruise.

Thanks

Marion in CT

ON our last cruise, they basically put a gallery of photos up and you can choose from any of them. The photos were the Formal photos, the sailaway photos and any others that were taken during the cruise

RE the camera -- depending on where you are coming into to get on the boat, you could try to go to a CVS or Walmart and grab one before getting on the boat itself. Would be cheaper

Princess did/does the same -- that Photo Gallery -- but if you don't want to make a decision until you see all of yours from the week & then select the 1 or 2 you like best, that's when being able to have them put aside behind the counter in a labeled envelope really helps. Does HAL offer that convenient service? :confused:

Stopping at a CVS is not an option for this trip, but thanks anyway for pointing that out.

Marion in CT

Although we have never had them put aside pictures for us, I am certain that is you ask them to put them aside until the last evening of the cruise, they would certainly do that for you.

On nearly every cruise, HAL does keep all the photos on display for the entire cruise - especially on 7 day cruises. For longer cruises they do take down the older pictures as there is not enough room to show all of the pictures.

Having them set aside would save you a lot of time hunting them down at the end of the cruise.

My sister on our last princess cruise would go down and just put all her pictures together in one spot every day or so. That way on the last day she didnt have to search for them all over. They were all in one place and could go thru them then to decide.

On the Princess last spring, they would glady put aside any daily photos of us that we liked and then at the end of the cruise we could select those, if any, we decided to purchase. Can you do this on HAL?

Princess did/does the same -- that Photo Gallery -- but if you don't want to make a decision until you see all of yours from the week & then select the 1 or 2 you like best, that's when being able to have them put aside behind the counter in a labeled envelope really helps. Does HAL offer that convenient service? :confused:

Yes, they do; I've been doing this for years. The method may vary from ship to ship, so ask how they want to handle it on the ship you're sailing.

In years past I have put all my pictures together on one spot---they have told me which place is best for them. In July on the Prinsendam I asked about doing this; they kept them in plastic pages in a book. Very convenient! The book was organized by cabin number.

This could have been a change in procedure fleet-wide, or just an easier way for that smaller ship. Don't know---which is why I suggested you ask how they want it done.

Ruth - thanks so much - just what I wanted to know & will certainly ask them how they handle it.

mamaofami, you said it exactly -- I budget for 1 or at most 2 photos & never want to decide on a final selection until all have been seen. Then fear the older ones will be tossed as they run out of display room -- especially after the formal photos have been done. The staff holding them for you is a great service -- and my last cruise on Princess was the first time I did that & then because info about that service had been posted on the Princess board.

thanks again for the info.

Marion in CT

Last time I was on the "O" they put aside photos I wanted saved in an envelope with our cabin number on them. Just ask at the photo desk. Another little tip I have learned,especially for embarkation photos is wear a bright color.Bright yellow is one of my favorites. Makes it real easy to scan through 900 photos in a hurry. Look for the color instead of faces. Deb

Archived