Victoria whale watching

kitsy

We want to see Orca while in Victoria. Princess has two different tours. Anyone know the difference between the two? One says it's a 'Deluxe Whale Watching' tour and the other one is a 'Orca & Wildlife Quest by Jet boat.' We're not sure which one to choose. Any idea how to find out the name of the companies involved so that maybe we can visit the websites to see the boats and information?

Kitsy

http://oldwestaussies.com/

For me the only way I whale watch in Victoria is via zodiac, just supurb for viewing. Is there any further description on the first one??? How long are you in port? Prince of Whales is right on the Inner Harbor and very convenient for independent booking. There is quite a mark up sometimes as the cruiseline tours are in US funds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitsy:

We want to see Orca while in Victoria. Princess has two different tours. Anyone know the difference between the two? One says it's a 'Deluxe Whale Watching' tour and the other one is a 'Orca & Wildlife Quest by Jet boat.' We're not sure which one to choose. Any idea how to find out the name of the companies involved so that maybe we can visit the websites to see the boats and information?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might be able to tell from the descriptions here http://www.tourismvictoria.com/Content/EN/301.asp what the pricing is for the tours that you are interested in compared with that offered on the ship. I would also post this on the Canada board as we have some regulars who live in that area who post there and they could give you the best advice re individual operators that they might be familiar with. If you choose not to go by zodiac there are numerous companies that go out in smaller boats so you won't be limited to a large tour boat

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

One can never have too many days at sea..</font>

Thanks for the information. Any idea how I find out which ones are used by Princess? The descriptions on the Princess Excursion site don't give any clues. One sounds like an enclosed boat while the other might be a Zodiac. I just wish they gave more information.

Kitsy

http://oldwestaussies.com/

Archived