Room Service Breakfast

I&J Cruisers

We are booked on the Millie Jan 6 sailing. Have been on only one previous X cruise. I've read a lot on these boards about the wonderfull cc breakfast menu and the "wake up" call prior to delivery when you order via the menu card the night before. I understand that they do deliver the breakfast very close to the requested time. However, DH and I like to order after we wake up. We don't usually sleep very late but it's nice to wake up in a leisurly manner when we are on vacation. We're looking forward to enjoying breakfast on our balcony on a real table. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get coffee and breakfast if it is ordered in the morning?

My husband and I usually only order our breakfast the night before if we have an excursion booked and need to be off the ship a certain time. For the days we don't have anything specific planned we ait until we wake up just in case we feel like sleeping in. I don't think we've ever waited more then a half an hour.

Our breakfast, including on the last day, always arrived before the requested time. They called first. Invariably something was missing: no milk for the cereal, no teabags for the tea, croisants (2) and rolls when we ordered croisant (1) and toast.

3 side plates, one saucer etc

This was quickly rectified. We ordered off the TV menu (standard balcony) where rolls/toast is an either or option (their choice) and the fruit juice on the TV is not a menu item.

Calling by telephone worked. Writing out a card might also be better.

Our breakfast, including on the last day, always arrived before the requested time. They called first. Invariably something was missing: no milk for the cereal, no teabags for the tea, croisants (2) and rolls when we ordered croisant (1) and toast.

3 side plates, one saucer etc

This was quickly rectified. We ordered off the TV menu (standard balcony) where rolls/toast is an either or option (their choice) and the fruit juice on the TV is not a menu item.

Calling by telephone worked. Writing out a card might also be better.

We are booked on the Millie Jan 6 sailing. Have been on only one previous X cruise. I've read a lot on these boards about the wonderfull cc breakfast menu and the "wake up" call prior to delivery when you order via the menu card the night before. I understand that they do deliver the breakfast very close to the requested time. However, DH and I like to order after we wake up. We don't usually sleep very late but it's nice to wake up in a leisurly manner when we are on vacation. We're looking forward to enjoying breakfast on our balcony on a real table. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get coffee and breakfast if it is ordered in the morning?

The only time I had to wait a long time was when I ordered something when they had the midnight buffett. That wait was about 35 minutes. That said, the other times I ordered from room service it was delivered in 15 minutes or less. Most of the time I had it in 10 minutes.

Archived