pvp question

floridafunlady

i booked 4 cabins on the imagination at the beginning of august for a january cruise. i have received confirmations for 3 of them but not for the 4th. my deposits for nine people have been credited to only the 3 cabins (6 of the nine people)

the unassigned cabin is the only one that doesnt have past carnival cruisers and the pvp says he is waiting for an inside cabin close to any of the outside cabins that have been confirmed before he assigns it. None of this makes any sense to me.

Should I speak to a supervisor about this. I am afraid that he will tell me that I never booked this other cabin, and if he leaves, I have no proof that I booked this cabin.

this trip is very important, it is a 60th anniversary present party for my parents and it is the grandsons cabin that is in question.

any comments....suggestions....would be appreciated

I will give the PVP the benefit of trying to accomodate your cabin grouping, however, if this is not that important to you I would just call him/her back and ask to be assigned the final cabin and work out the best location available at that time. Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

I would recommend that you book something, anything, for that last cabin. As a previous poster stated, if the price of the cabins go up, you will be stuck paying the higher rate. If there are no inside cabins near your OV cabin, change your OV cabin. If you can't all be together, better for you to be near your children than your parents.

Well I see that I got the ball rolling after 40+ look sees and no replies.

Good point about price of unbooked cabin.

Not to sure about need to be near children as age wasn't mentioned and parents are celebrating 60th anniversary so grandchild could be as old as who knows.

OP Just call back PVP ASAP and work something out.

thank you for your input. the ages of the younger members of the group are 18 23 and 29 so I dont care where their cabin is. that is what has me so confused. i told the pvp that it doesnt matter. i had another issue with him but i overlooked it. I am going to call him again today and ask him what the deal is. Also, I've read that many pvp's have recommended putting one of the past Carnival cruisers in a group such as ours in a cabin, and assigining one of the non cruisers in a cabin with the other past guest. he didnt do that either and it is a conceivable thing to do. soooooo......,any other comments....i need to have as much ammunition as possible when i call him.

This feels more like am IM but I have read where people have scattered around the past passengers in order to get a better rate, also ask about senior rates and military rates if anyone would qualify or any promotional rate for that matter. Good luck!

thank you for your input. the ages of the younger members of the group are 18 23 and 29 so I dont care where their cabin is. that is what has me so confused. i told the pvp that it doesnt matter. i had another issue with him but i overlooked it. I am going to call him again today and ask him what the deal is. Also, I've read that many pvp's have recommended putting one of the past Carnival cruisers in a group such as ours in a cabin, and assigining one of the non cruisers in a cabin with the other past guest. he didnt do that either and it is a conceivable thing to do. soooooo......,any other comments....i need to have as much ammunition as possible when i call him.

Your PVP should have known to put a past cruiser in each room so you get the discount. It is done all the time (same as Sr's etc). Once you get onboard, you can go to the pursar and change the keys. It's not a big deal at all, but will save you money.

that is the impression I have gotten from others on different threads. thank you so much for your input. of course I am really upset now. In the past I have used a cruise broker for my bookings, and my mom suggested I go directly through ccl. The rates he gave me were good, but now I think he is not all there. I am definitely calling him this afternoon and asking to change reps or to speak to a supervisor. too many mistakes.

Just don't judge all PVPs by the one you got. Most of them are very helpful and right there when you need them. I've used several, and one in particular for the last few cruises. She's a gem.:) You just got a bad apple. Sorry. Call a supervisor.

called ccs today. did not call my pvp directly. spoke with another one he asked me for my pin#. my pvp never mentioned that either. he pulled my booking and i explained my concerns and he hooked me up with cust serv supervisor. we went over booking line by line, and she did find some mistakes. the reason boys cabin was not booked was because he was holding it as an inside guarantee to give us a 4c? upgrade from 4a to be on upper deck. I told supervisor that I didnt care about the deck and

Riviera was fine....to assign by grandparents cabin so she took care of that and finally was able to give me a total breakdown of the question about where the money for our deposits was placed.

In addition because of the confusion, miscommunications on part of pvp and mistake in charges to credit card she has comped us a bottle of wine per cabin and a free picture for each member of the party!!!!!!!! I am very happy with that and believe that Carnival has lived up to their great cust serv reputation.

We had planned on purchasing a few pictures because of this very special occasion in our family and that perk alone is a wonderful thing......

Glad to hear it all got worked out!

I had a problem with the PVP I'd used in the past (he never called me back unless he thought I was gonna book a cruise). Anyway, when I booked the Sept cruise I called the PVP that our friends use and booked thru her. I was upset when the old PVP took over the booking a few days later. When I tried to pay the balance of our Sept cruise I left numerous messages for the PVP to call me back, which he never did, so I finally just called Carnival and got a generic PVP to take my payment.

When we decided to book the 2 cruises in Jan '08 I emailed the PVP my friends use and told her I wanted her to handle it and I didn't want the other PVP to take over this booking. I told her that he'd never call me back. She forwarded my email to her supervisor and has been able to take over all my bookings.

So, if you're not happy with your PVP you aren't stuck with them forever.

sorry some of you have had a hard time with your PVP!! My PVP is the best!! She has helped us with our bookings. She has called us, e-mail and had even called us right before she got married to make sure everything was what we wanted. She has given us military rates now but we are waiting for the past guest rates and the she is going to adjust everything that needs to be done!! So if you want a really good PVP just let me know!!

THANKS MADGE

the supervisor who handled the and fixed my situation promised that my pvp's supervisor would be notified and another would be appointed to assist me. I am hoping that due to the situation they will assign someone who is knowledgeable and properly handles there job as yours seems to do.

Archived