Looking for hotel near Covent Gardens

Fblack

I am looking for a hotel near Covent Gardens or Waterloo Bridge area. Most of the well know chains in the area only have rooms from about 325 British Pounds and up when I need to go. I mean Hilton, Radisson, Renaissance, Marriott etc. Even a nice Thistle hotel is well over 300 pounds. Anyone know of a very nice 3 or 4 star hotel in that are for under 300 pounds?

When are you wanting to do this? If all of those hotels have prices in that range, then it is very possible that there is something on at that time which is pushing prices up. But if so, it's likely to be pushing prices up at all hotels. Normally, you'd expect to be able to get something for £200 or so, even if you can't get bargain rates.

The only hotel I can think of exactly within the area that you're describing that might be any good for you is the Strand Palace Hotel. Formerly a real dump, it's said to have been refurbished recently.

Thanks for the input. My problem is the length of my stay. I am trying to go in late September and early October. For a stay of about 10 days, they can only put me up in one of their expensive Junior suites or executive level floors. The Waldorf Hilton is 359 pounds plus tax. Renaissance is 430 pounds +/-. Radisson is about 320. So I was hoping someone new of a smaller, nice hotel in the area.

Have you tried "Thistle Charing Cross" on the Strand. It's right around the corner from Trafalgar Sq. and up a ways is Piccadilly. Accessible walking distance to the Parliment House, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace. Check it out on http://www.londontown.com or at their website. This hotel is in the very center of everything and includes breakfast in the cost. We have a dbl/twin for under 200£ a night. The hotel has been refurbished and an historical Victorian hotel. Covent Gardens isn't far, nor Waterloo (across the Thames).

I am looking for a hotel near Covent Gardens or Waterloo Bridge area. Most of the well know chains in the area only have rooms from about 325 British Pounds and up when I need to go. I mean Hilton, Radisson, Renaissance, Marriott etc. Even a nice Thistle hotel is well over 300 pounds. Anyone know of a very nice 3 or 4 star hotel in that are for under 300 pounds?

Try the 4* City Inn Westminster Hotel. It is in a good location, pleasant walk along the enbankment to Waterloo Bridge. Has pretty good reviews on Trip Adviser and Expedia.

Thanks for the input. My problem is the length of my stay. I am trying to go in late September and early October. ... So I was hoping someone new of a smaller, nice hotel in the area.
If that's September/October this year, then you may well be up against availability problems everywhere for a stay of that length. Would you consider staying further out of town? The area you've specified is about as central as it gets, and therefore about as expensive as you're likely to find.

Go to Lastminute.com You can put in your dates and it will show all available. I put several dates in for end of Sept early Oct (10 nights) and nearly always got a choice of nearly 200 hotels.

Hope this helps

Karen

TwilightNights:

Thanks for that link to Londontown.com. They seem to have some very good prices for some of the same hotels i have looked at. Have you used them before to book a room? Any comments on their service? They show the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire for half of what everyone else is showing.

TwilightNights:

Thanks for that link to Londontown.com. They seem to have some very good prices for some of the same hotels i have looked at. Have you used them before to book a room? Any comments on their service? They show the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire for half of what everyone else is showing.

Make sure you check on Radisson E.H hotel on TripAdvisor. Londontown.com and superbreak.com are both the best I have found in my searches. Click on the map (top right) on londontown, it will show you the locations of all the hotels they service.

No I haven't use them before, but others have and said they were great and their prices are fab. I did get a call (to my surprise) from Dan at Londontown the other day. He was extremely helpful and told me all kinds of things to do and where to save on tickets to the theatre's, etc.. He said one thing everyone needs to do, is buy an Oyster card for travels on the tube, buses and trains. Cheapest way to the airport using an Oyster card. He did say the Thistle Charing was an excellent hotel right in the middle of anywhere you wanted to go and gorgeous to boot. 5 couples on our roll call are booked there....and none of us knew each had booked this hotel. I take that back...one went with our lead and changed their hotel to ours.

The "Rubens" is also a good one right next to Buckingham Palace. However, T.Charing is where you'd want to be. Be careful of certain areas as you wouldn't want to be there after dark.

Londontown.com toll free #011 800 00 566 366

Archived