Hotels near Cape Liberty-Help!

kaytee1206

We are flying into Newark and are looking for a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then take us to Cape Liberty the next day. We are looking for something on the cheaper side. Anyone have any reccs?

There are hotels at the Newark Airport, but nothing really close to Cape Liberty. It's kind of deserted around the port. They don't even have a pay phone at the port.

I stayed in NYC 2 days pre-cruise last year and had to pay terrible tariffs for transportation to the port and then again back to JFK at end of cruise. My sister-in-law went through Celebrity for hotel and transfers.

A lot of hotels have a shuttle from Newark airport, but think you'd have to take a cab from the hotel to the port. Others have posted probably $25-30 for the cab ride.

I live near the airport there are a few hotels in my area right across from the outlet mall (Jersey Gardens Mall) I would recommend those Country Inn Suites and Residence Inn by Marriott. I don't think any of these hotels would take you to the port though I believe where ever you stay you will have to catch a cab ride. How many are going on your trip and is this for the Oct. 20 cruise? The port is about a 15-20 minute drive from these hotels right off the NJ Turnpike.

The BW does, but I would skip it! I agree about the Country INn and Residence inn, also there os a courtyard too. Those 3 are listed as Newark/Elizabeth with an address of Glimcher Realty Way.

Cab fare from those 3 is about $40. The 3 others are next to each other, near that outlet mall, and a Ruby Tuesday is adajcent. I have stayed in all 3 and they are fine. Also have left a car there....they don't accept responsibility but I haven't had a problem....knock on wood

Thank you for the great advice/info. We are going out of Cape Libery next July. We did this last year but had trouble at the hotel we stayed at ...the Quality Inn Lyndhurst NJ. So, we have been concerned of where we should stay. Those three that you have listed sound great and the area sounds like there will be plenty to see/do.

Peace, Anna:)

Archived