Flying from Chicago in December??

cruising4u

We had friends last year that had a flight on Friday morning to MCO to meet us, as we live in FL, 2 days before the cruise. Remember the snowstorm in Chicago in early Dec last yr.(around the 7th or 8th.) they did not get in to MCO until 3 AM sunday morning. Good thing we were leaving on Sunday. you never know what will happen. Good luck and a very nice cruise.

The snowstorm was on Friday Dec. 1st. We flew out for our cruise on Dec. 2nd and were okay, but the news was interviewing people who were flying out on Dec 1st for cruises leaving that weekend and many of the flights were cancelled or delayed. We missed that one by the skin of our teeth. We flew back to Chicago on the following weekend with no problem.

That's the problem with Chicago...there's no rhyme or reason to the weather. We thought that by booking that early in Dec, we'd be safe rather than booking for early January. Turns our that we just missed having our flight canceled for early Dec but last January was mild and we would not have had a problem.

I think we plan on renting a car. I just reserved our flight last night, we are flying in Sat. morning and flying out Sunday mid afternoon. I am still debating if we should rent a car to go back to the airport and take a shuttle?? Any suggestions?

We have never cruised before but my feeling is taking a car would be better. It is cheap enough that is for sure and with the car you have the freedom to do what you want if you have extra time before your flight home. You won't have to worry about hauling/storing luggage if you go out to eat somewhere as you can just leave it in the trunk of the car.

Archived