Baltimore cruise terminal parking

Bookish Angel

I don't want to hand off my luggage to someone else and almost always carry/pull it myself - how far is it from the long-term parking to the ship terminal?

Thanks!

Well you will have to hand off the larger pieces of luggage to a porter. All is scanned and sent to ship, then to your cabin usually before dinner but by 10PM at latest. They will NOT allow you to carry on anything they think is too large. My SIL and DD had a tote bag each and a carry on flight bag each. SIL had a duffle on wheels that had baby things in (we did not want this bag missing---favorite jar foods, formula, pampers) It had to be checked. We were very worried about the jars. They allowed us to take things out of the 2 carry on bags and exchange it for the the baby food and formula. It was not a large duffle, not much larger than the carry ons they flew with. We had already checked in the LARGE suitcases and were walking with only these for 11 nights. Now, if you only want to keep it with you up until you are ready to enter the building, you can do that but the ship workers are everwhere and the porters are all over the place. There is a shuttle (can be a wait for it) that will bring you from the parking area to the terminal building. It is not all that expensive to park right up front near the ship. We could actually see our cars when we sailed away. That other lot is a distance away. I personally think the closer one is much safer...all traffic in and out is monitored. it is your call and your dollars...have fun on the cruise...going to Bermuda or the Caribbean?

Well you will have to hand off the larger pieces of luggage to a porter. All is scanned and sent to ship, then to your cabin usually before dinner but by 10PM at latest. They will NOT allow you to carry on anything they think is too large. My SIL and DD had a tote bag each and a carry on flight bag each. SIL had a duffle on wheels that had baby things in (we did not want this bag missing---favorite jar foods, formula, pampers) It had to be checked. We were very worried about the jars. They allowed us to take things out of the 2 carry on bags and exchange it for the the baby food and formula. It was not a large duffle, not much larger than the carry ons they flew with. We had already checked in the LARGE suitcases and were walking with only these for 11 nights. Now, if you only want to keep it with you up until you are ready to enter the building, you can do that but the ship workers are everwhere and the porters are all over the place. There is a shuttle (can be a wait for it) that will bring you from the parking area to the terminal building. It is not all that expensive to park right up front near the ship. We could actually see our cars when we sailed away. That other lot is a distance away. I personally think the closer one is much safer...all traffic in and out is monitored. it is your call and your dollars...have fun on the cruise...going to Bermuda or the Caribbean?

sandy toes....We cruised from South Locust Point in November and I don't recall any shuttle and 2nd parking lot. Are we speaking of the same terminal? I do remember the shuttle and the 2nd parking lot in Dundalk, but not South Locust Point. If I'm incorrect, please refresh my memory. Thanks. ;)

sandy toes....We cruised from South Locust Point in November and I don't recall any shuttle and 2nd parking lot. Are we speaking of the same terminal? I do remember the shuttle and the 2nd parking lot in Dundalk, but not South Locust Point. If I'm incorrect, please refresh my memory. Thanks. ;)

It was a satelite parking area that offered the shuttle. Cost was lower per day.

The new terminal is wonderful. I would love to see a larger selection of ships so pricing would be more competitive in the future. I know the bridge limits the ships height but that still gives us a good group to choose from. I am sure the locals would love to sail from our back yard with a wider variety of ships than giving BWI our money!

It was a satelite parking area that offered the shuttle. Cost was lower per day.

Wasn't aware...thanks. We parked very close and only had to schlep everything a short distance, so whatever we paid was worth it. ;)

Now, if we could only get 2 different ships....

Wasn't aware...thanks. We parked very close and only had to schlep everything a short distance, so whatever we paid was worth it. ;)

Now, if we could only get 2 different ships....

Here is a link with next yr sailings from Port of Balt http://www.cruisemaryland.com/2008Schedule.pdf

Only the RCCL Granduer and the NCL Majesty will dock there and the Royal Princess will have a port of call therein Nov 08. Not much of a choice...but all we have. Norfolk http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/schedule.php and Philly http://www.cruisephilly.com/pages/visitors/destinations2008.html will have some cruises also within driving but of course in our back yards is so much nicer;)

sandytoes, Thanks for the links. We did the Grandeur in November and it just wasn't a good fit for us. The Majesty has no balconies, so that's a deal breaker. Wouldn't want to drive to Norfolk just to go to the Bahamas.

Although we love Bermuda, for the price of the Grandeur's overnight stay, we'd rather hop on USA3000 and spend a few days in a hotel, on a cliff, overlooking the ocean.

Too bad. Looks like we're doing Amtrak to NYC in 2008 to sail on the 11-night Southern Caribbean on the Noordam. The cost is comparable to the 5-day Bermuda on the Grandeur, which will be 12 years old vs 2 years old. Amex points pay for the train roundtrip and we love NY, so it's just a no brainer for us. I want to cruise on the Noordam before she leaves Manhattan.

So far, we've only done the Miracle and Grandeur from Baltimore. DH and I agree that the Miracle won by a mile. Looking forward to the quiet ambience of HAL. Enjoy your family cruise....sounds like a ball! ;)

Archived