Just off Majesty

jude8

We just got off the cruise yesterday and had a blast. We were a little worried because we had traveled on Celebrity and was worried that it would not live up to our expectations. Boy were we wrong! Here is my review.

Ship

The ship looked great. We had gone on Sovereign of the Seas a couple of years ago and this ship is ten times better. The common areas were refurbished and the ship was really easy to get around.

Rooms

The rooms now have flat screen and comfortable bedding. We had an interior room and boy it was tiny. It did not really make a difference though as we were not in the room that much; however, i don't think we would have lasted if this cruise was any longer than 4 nights. The storage was also very minimal but we were able to put our suitcases underneath the bed so everything worked out fine. Our stateroom attendant was great too.

Food

Before I talk about the cuisine, I just want to say that the service in all of the establishments was excellent. We only had one problem and it was just that the bartender had a bad attitude (no big deal, just getting a drink anyway). My husband had an upset stomach and wanted some angostura bitters. The pool bartender hunted some down at another bar and was able to accommodate his request and did not even charge him.

The only decent meal we had in the Windjammer was at breakfast. Their fruit selection was kind of crummy too. Lunch at the Windjammer was awful. It was mostly hot food that was not good. They did not have any sandwich selections as you had to go to the Compass Deli and even there you did not have the option to make your own sandwiches.

We only at the main dining room at night and the food was really good. It was actually better than the main dining we had on the Celebrity Century.

The only complaint we had was that the formal night was held while we were in Nassau. A lot of people missed formal night because they were partying until the ship left at midnight. We did not go b/c the food selection was not that great and we did not want to get dressed up just to eat food we did not really want. We were also able to get a table for 2. We went to the Maitre'd at 1:30 and was able to get a table for two right at the window with a view of the ocean. It was awesome!

We ate at the Compass Deli and Johnny Rockets as well. Got Johnny Rockets free with the C & A coupons! Both venues were really good. The quesadillas were awesome at the Compass Deli and we ate there several times. Johnny Rocket's tasted pretty close to Johnny Rockets at home.

Sorrento's Pizza was pretty good and satisfied the late night craving for food. My husband also got room service several times and raved about the vegetable panini.

Ports

Well Nassau is Nassau. :cool: I do recommend heading up to the fort and the 66 steps. They provided a nice view of the city and the ship.

Cococay is awesome. Per recommendation of other cruise critic reviewers, we headed as far as we could go for the most part but we were still near enough to Willie Jack's bar and the bathroom. We found a couple of chairs that were partly shaded and had a nice breeze off of the ocean. My husband and I both fell asleep :) Cococay was our favorite port. Did not get a chance to eat the bbq as we had a big breakfast and ate a late lunch.

Key West was a blast. We are from Florida and had been there several times but it is always nice to visit. We decided to do the Old Town Trolley tour that allows you to get on and off at different stops along the way. I wanted to see the cemetary b/c we had seen most of the other sites in Key West. It was okay but I don't recommend making a point of seeing it. We then headed to Sloppy Joe's for some drinks and food. I definitely recommend getting the key lime pie on a stick from Blond Giraffe. Definitely share with someone b/c it is great but rich.

Activities

During the day, there was not a whole lot going on if you were on the ship. At night the ship had a more activities with the shows, Quest, and the activities at the pool deck. My only complaint was the Midnight Chocolate buffet was on deck 3 and the line was all the way up to deck 5. When we walked by, one of the passengers said they had been waiting for 20 minutes and the line had not moved so we just decided to bypass it.

Spa

While my husband napped, I headed to the spa while the ship was at port in Nassau. They had the best deals on this day. I booked the best of both package, 25 minute swedish massage and 25 minute hot stone massage. It was only $89. Great deal for what I got. I highly recommend it.

Overall we had a great time. We will be going on the Mariner of the Seas in January and I cannot wait to compare the ships!

We were on th 9/3 Majesty sailing and loved every minute. In Nassau, we found a wonderful taxi driver who agreed to drive the four of us out of the city to see the island. It was the best thing we did as it is a beautiful place and staying in the city does not give you that impression. Not all taxi drivers would do this (or wanted alot of $$).:D

Thank you for the review. We are jumping Carnival just for this itinerary. We love Key West and wanted a private island stop.

I may try the spa since we aren't huge fans of Nassau.

Do you remember what they offered on formal night for meals? We aren't big fans of dressing up if we can get a decent meal somewhere else. ;)

I remember them having Duck a l'Orange, some fish and a steak. Nothing special. We did not want to dress up for food not that great and apparently the table next to us and behind us did not make it either. We ate at Johnny Rockets that night and I know a lot of people were not even on the ship for dinner.

The other thing I forgot to mention was the lack of hand sanitizer anywhere. I was really shocked to not see one ball of the hand sanitizer.

Archived