Thank You from HAL......... Nice!

sail7seas

We booked another Canada/New England cruise yesterday for next summer......can't imagine a summer without it and received a nice Thank You e-mail from HAL. I think's it's a nice touch they send this out.

picture.jsp?UI=VNW07091400026269&UC=Lead&CRID=115061c4b9800canada.jpg]

Dear ********,

We are so pleased that you have selected Holland America Line for your upcoming Canada & New England cruise. Part of the pleasure of travel is in the planning and anticipation of the enjoyment to come. We invite you to explore the links in this email as you plan the details of your cruise.

Reminder: Please take care of your passport, visa and immunization requirements early. The rules have changed for American citizens traveling outside the U.S. Click on the Documentation link above for the most current information.

ttl_experience_online.gif

Learn about your cruise destination and the details of your ship
— our Online Cinema offers snapshots, videos and 360-degree views of staterooms, onboard services, dining options, activities, destinations, interactive maps and online brochures.

btn_view.gif

ttl_explore_activities.gif

Plan your onboard activities
— there is so much to explore, from ship Art Tour podcasts to relaxing in the Greenhouse Spa or taking a class in the Culinary Arts Center

Order onboard gifts and amenities
— there is so much to do, from Art Tour podcasts to classes in the Culinary Arts Center. Enjoy easy online booking to order cruise gifts: that special bottle of wine, flowers or reservations for that intimate Pinnacle Grill evening to spoil you and your companions.

Plan your shore activities
— make your vacation even more memorable with award-winning shore excursions that range from easygoing activities to high adventure, book easily online up to 10 days prior to your cruise. We recommend you book early for the best selection and availability.

We hope that this information will add to your excitement about your upcoming cruise. Thank you again for choosing Holland America Line. The officers and crew of ms Maasdam look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Kind Regards,

Holland America Line

Very nice!! I thought the 'thank you for cruising with us' note after returning from a cruise was nice. This is even better.

Maybe one of these days I'll see you on board. Would love to do this cruise but there are too many places I've never seen before, so will concentrate on them first.

S7S--

Did you book this one while onboard, or did you use your TA?

Have other folks received similar e-mails for other itineraries?

We made the $100 per person deposit for a 'cruise to be determined' while aboard. We did not specifically book these b-to-b's. We made the booking Thursday morning.

We received a thank you when we returned from our August b-to-b's but I think this is the first thank you we received for making a booking.

"the2of us"...... I'd love to cruise with you again. Hope it is soon. :)

Can see below what we have booked in past few months and not received a thank you note..

Could it be my deodorant or after shave????????

Ruth & Jim

Are you sure they have your e-mail address? Are you sure your TA tells them each time you book what your e-mail is? I'm only guessing but maybe unless the TA mentions e-mail address they don't (can't) send it.

You certainly do have lots of wonderful cruising coming up. Congratulations.

Never have gotten a thing and have given our email many many times. We've never done a thing but cruise with only HAL the last 5 years, always book S suites, never complain about anything on a cruise or to Seattle, and certainly get along great with all the HAL people on the ships.

I used to find it funny, but not anymore. Apparently the Mariner computer establishes a list to whom all the snail and email goes and if you're not on it you get nothing. (And please don't reply with the 3 million, 5 million, 10 million Mariners business. Half of them are dead, cruised on HAL once or twice, or only rarely cruise at all.).

We have never received a thank you either. We booked a Eurodam 2008 Canada/New England cruise well over a month ago and while we just cancelled it, we never got a thank you. Charged my Amex with no problem, sent a HAL confirmation no problem.

They have my email. I get a ton of ads from them, I get the notice that The Mariner magazine is available to read online and I also get the hard copy by snail mail.

But never a thank you ever ... not when booking, not after the cruise, never.

It's obviously selective in a very odd way ... has nothing to do with how often you cruise HAL.

Gee: I had always considered myself low man (or woman) on the Totem Pole when it came to HAL, but I have been getting "thank you", "welcome home" and birthday greetings from HAL for at least the last two years.

I must have moved up the Totem Pole a notch or two and never even realised it until now.

Valerie:D

I wonder........ do any other cruise lines send these nice e-mails?

Does Carnival, Princess, Celebrity etc? Those of you who sail on multiple lines, do you get Thank you e-mails from them when you make a new booking?

S7S--

Did you book this one while onboard, or did you use your TA?

Have other folks received similar e-mails for other itineraries?

I booked with a TA end of August for the Mexican Riverera and received a "Thank You" email from HAL 5 days later. I agree it's a nice touch.

Over the past 10 years we have cruised exclusively Celebrity and HAL. I don't recall ever receiving a "thank you for booking" ever from any cruise line. Nor have I ever a received a "thank you for cruising" after we have returned from any cruise line ever. Both cruise lines have our email address ... as I said, we get a lot of ads from them as well as Princess, Crystal, Regent, you name it.

However, it isn't about whether another cruise line does it because certainly no company is obliged to send a "thank you". As stated, it's just a nice thing to do, something extra to make people think ... "gee, I'm special, they're happy I booked".

So no question it's a nice thing for HAL to do. But it's a computer program ... easy to set it up so that these "thank you's", "Happy Birthday's", etc., go to everyone.

It's just puzzling that they would arbitrarily send these emails out with no rhyme nor reason to it. I think that's all anyone here is saying.

Some people feel slighted. I don't cruise HAL enough to feel that way, but I have to say if I cruised as much as some people here and read that others are getting special little extras, I'd feel a little left out.:(

Over the past 10 years we have cruised exclusively Celebrity and HAL. I don't recall ever receiving a "thank you for booking" ever from any cruise line. Nor have I ever a received a "thank you for cruising" after we have returned from any cruise line ever. Both cruise lines have our email address ... as I said, we get a lot of ads from them as well as Princess, Crystal, Regent, you name it.

I only cruise HAL so have no idea if other lines send out such e-mails. That is why I asked.

However, it isn't about whether another cruise line does it because certainly no company is obliged to send a "thank you". As stated, it's just a nice thing to do, something extra to make people think ... "gee, I'm special, they're happy I booked".

In terms of my question, 'what it was about' was simply my question. Do other cruise lines do it? That is 'what it is about' for me.

I can't speak 'what it is about' for someone else.

So no question it's a nice thing for HAL to do. But it's a computer program ... easy to set it up so that these "thank you's", "Happy Birthday's", etc., go to everyone.

It's just puzzling that they would arbitrarily send these emails out with no rhyme nor reason to it. I think that's all anyone here is saying.

I have no idea if it is arbitrary or what it is. I seriously doubt any of us know the rhyme or reason of the ins and outs of any corporation with which we have no employment connection/inside knowledge. I don't feel qualified to judge what is arbitrary or planned in what HAL does. Speaking just for myself, of course.

Archived