Wine package

ScotFi

Hi

Just want to ask from experienced cruisers both husband and I like wine. Is it worth purchasing a wine package I believe this is for one bottle at dinner per evening.

Can anyone tell me how much this costs in British Pound if poss if not that's fine to.

Scotfi

Last November on the Freedom of the Seas, we had the choice of 3 wine packages; Low, Mid & High levels. Each package offered from 5 to 7 bottles of wine of various varietals; white, red, rose & Sparkling. We ususally get the 5 bottles and the mid level as we often receive a bottle from TA or someone at home or bring a bottle of our own liking. We also have it capped each evening if we don't finish it. My DH like red and I prefer white, so we often open two bottles and it last two evenings. As I recall, our mid 5 bottle package was about $145US inc. gratuity. I like the convenience of it and I don't feel like its as big of an expense as buying a bottle or two per night off the menu and I don't have to smuggle wine in my already too heavy luggage.

Bon Voyage

I think that you will find this to be the current price list: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000Y4U5KYF5yxensIDf9Uk_sGl:10ktmf05t?catCode=WINDIN

You can order one bottle per night or all the bottles if you so choose. Actually, we ordered two one evening. It is not bad deal if you like to have wine each evening with your dinner.

This is a currency converter that you can use to check the price: http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

Hi

Just want to ask from experienced cruisers both husband and I like wine. Is it worth purchasing a wine package I believe this is for one bottle at dinner per evening.

Can anyone tell me how much this costs in British Pound if poss if not that's fine to.

Scotfi

If you are departing from a U.S. port, wait to purchase your wine package from your dining room waiter the first night. You will save on state sales tax this way and your waiter will get the 15% gratuity.

As to your original question, the wine selections can be viewed at this link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=00001BvRt6aUftuvP4thC3_7B5K:10ktdmnut?catCode=WINDIN

If you think you would enjoy the selections in one of these packages, then I would definitely recommend purchasing one on your first night. By the way, you don't need to order one bottle each night. You can skip one night and order two bottles another night if you wish. Also, if you do not finish the bottle you waiter or assistant waiter will store it for you until the next evening.

Before our last cruise I kept telling DH that we should get the wine package but he shot me down every time until dinner on our 5th night when he realized we were spending a mint on wine every evening with dinner. :rolleyes:

Next time we ARE getting the package!

~Connie

Archived