1st crossing on Voyager

Fitzcruiser

We are on this sailing also. Wish I had the answer on the weather.

I've heard it can be nice and sunny and fairly warm, but it can also be cold, rainy and rough. Am coming prepared for either, and planning layered type clothing, and hoping for the better side of the weather. Same for the ports, planning layered things for touring.

There are some sites where you can check the average temps for a given city in a given month, that might help.

Hi Fitzcruiser,

My husband and I are also on this cruise. Regarding swimming , do you mean in the ship's pool? The pool is heated.

Regarding weather in the various ports, I like the following website:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk

You can check pretty much any city and it'll give you past history of temps. and rain , as well as forecasts

We will cross in November on Voyager. It is our first trip across the Atlantic and we would appreciate any tips on weather and shore excursions for the MonteCarlo to Fort Lauderdale. Can we swim - is it warm enough?? Thanks in advance.

We were on the crossing from Funchal to Fort Lauderdale last year and experienced temps in the low 70s for most of the trip (which is tropical to us, coming from near Buffalo, NY in November!) - in fact the chilliest part was our arrival in Florida - it was 56! Hot cocoa & bundled in my robe for breakfast on our balcony that morning!

Fitzcruiser,

I Know that the pool on Navigator is heated as we used it while in Alaska (temps were in the 60's) and while cruising near the polar Ice pack ! I hope the Voyager's pool is heated as well.

Thanks for the info Wayward traveler. Hopefully we'll have the same kind of weather.

We've made the November transatlantic crossings on the Voyager several times. We may have been lucky, but we have always had lovely, warm and sunny weather from the Canaries or Madeira to Ft Lauderdale and I have sat out in the sun by the pool daily. The portion of the cruise from Rome or Monte Carlo through Spain has also been sunny (for the most part) but cooler. Take some sweaters and wool jackets for this part of the trip. This November, we're taking a land trip to southwestern France and then a cruise from Barcelona to the same Spain/Canaries region on another ship (Hapag-Lloyd's Europa) and will expect the same cool (and hopefully sunny) weather that we've had in previous years. Next year, it's back to the Voyager's transatlantic from Rome.

Archived