need to clarify dress code

gettingmarried

Ok this is a different slant on the dress code, I have problems with my feet and wear orthotics, I can't wear pretty shoes, the rest of me will be smart casual, or formal, but my feet will be UGLY does anyone examine your feet, and send you to the buffet because you are not wearing ####y shoes, I have to wear tennis shoes even with formal wear, so what will happen to the princess with no shoes for the ball?? :mad:

Don't worry so much about it. I've never seen or heard of anyone being denied entrance to the DR concerning footwear.

My wife who often has foot problems wears her Princess slippers to dine if her feet act up without a word being uttered.

Ok this is a different slant on the dress code, I have problems with my feet and wear orthotics, I can't wear pretty shoes, the rest of me will be smart casual, or formal, but my feet will be UGLY does anyone examine your feet, and send you to the buffet because you are not wearing sexy shoes, I have to wear tennis shoes even with formal wear, so what will happen to the princess with no shoes for the ball?? :mad:

Don't worry, they let me in the dining room wearing shoe big enough for someone to sail in. Luckily my big feet come in handy to balance all the junk I carry around in my trunk.

Big feet, junk in the trunk, and yeah bowling pins instead of Bombay mangoes, this mama still rocks on formal night and on the dance floor;):D

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok this is a different slant on the dress code, I have problems with my feet and wear orthotics, I can't wear pretty shoes, the rest of me will be smart casual, or formal, but my feet will be UGLY does anyone examine your feet, and send you to the buffet because you are not wearing sexy shoes, I have to wear tennis shoes even with formal wear, so what will happen to the princess with no shoes for the ball?? :mad:
Don't sweat this. My daughter did very serious damage to her leg and ankle in a freak accident well over four years ago and has to wear "sturdy" shoes. She's never had a problem. My BIL also has problems with his feet and wears black hi-top sneakers, even with his tux. He's done this for years and no one has ever said anything. Relax... you'll be fine.

I have foot/leg circulation problems and only wear Crocs. I do wear socks with them on formal nights. No one has ever said a word. I think you can wear whatever shoes you desire or need with no problems.

If you need/have to wear tennis shoes, wear tennis shoes. Who cares what anyone else thinks. You'll still will be able to go to the ball.

If you need/have to wear tennis shoes, wear tennis shoes. Who cares what anyone else thinks. You'll still will be able to go to the ball.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement, tennies it is!! Gosh, only 15 days to go, I better start packing! :)

Archived