Children In Chops & Sabittinis?

belder

Hello All.. Please dont flame me for asking but..... my family and I are cruising the CB on her 12/23 sailing for Christmas this year. I know this will be a sold out ship and very active with children... With that being said, I would like to plan dinner in Chops one night (Probably Caribbean Night), and was wondering does anyone know if my 11 year old son would be allowed to join us? He is not the typical 11 year old when it comes to dining... he prefers sushi and fine dining over pizza any day of the week, and knows how to behave properly in a resturant, otherwise I wouldnt dream of taking him there. Im just not sure of the ships policy for allowing children in these specialty restaurants. Thanks for yoru replies and Happy Cruising!

We had our 14 year old at Sterlings for dinner last Nov and he loved it! As did his friend who was dining with us (large CC dinner).

I saw children in there that were about your son's age.

Our children have always preferred sushi and fine dining over pizza, hamburgers and the like also.

I think as long as children are well behaved and have been taught proper dining manners then by all means they belong in the dining room.

I am aware of no age limit for the specialty restaurants on Princess. We took our daughters (ages 6 and 10) to Sterling Steakhouse on the Diamond Princess. Even though it was a full Spring Break cruise (with 700 kids onboard), Sterling didn't seem very busy. They were very happy to have us and were very friendly to our kids.

We also took the 10 year old to Sabatini's. We didn't take the 6 year old because we knew she wouldn't like the cuisine or the slow pace of the dinner. But our 10 year old is a budding foodie, and we knew she'd enjoy the experience, even if she didn't like every single dish. Again, the staff were very friendly to her. She has a peanut allergy and they also were very helpful about telling her what she couldn't eat.

Frankly, it didn't look to me like either restaurant was particularly busy. They were more than happy to welcome us and our kids.

Enjoy your cruise and your dinners at the specialty restaurants!

--Junglejane

Thank you all...and forgive me please, I did mean STERLINGS, not Chops. I can always count on the members here to help me when I am confused! Now, I cant wait for our cruise... although it is not our first cruise, it IS our first Christmas Cruise and I am already feeling the relief from the stress of the holidays! :)

You know, I just don't understand the rationale here. Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity, right? So how come when we were on Celebrity this past Easter we couldn't bring my 12-year-old niece into the specialty restaurant. When we made our reservation, they said our 15-year-old nephew was welcome, but children 12 and under are not allowed. But yet Royal Caribbean allows children of all ages. Go figure. And HAL, which is known to cater more to the adult crowd, allowed a baby in a high chair in the Pinnacle Grill for dinner (HAL's specialty restaurant). Having children, if they are behaved, doesn't bother me, but I felt bad that we couldn't bring my niece along.

You know, I just don't understand the rationale here. Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity, right? So how come when we were on Celebrity this past Easter we couldn't bring my 12-year-old niece into the specialty restaurant. When we made our reservation, they said our 15-year-old nephew was welcome, but children 12 and under are not allowed. But yet Royal Caribbean allows children of all ages. Go figure. And HAL, which is known to cater more to the adult crowd, allowed a baby in a high chair in the Pinnacle Grill for dinner (HAL's specialty restaurant). Having children, if they are behaved, doesn't bother me, but I felt bad that we couldn't bring my niece along.

Jerseygirl...The ship I am inquiring about is Princess Cruiselines, The Caribbean Princess. The reason I asked the question is because past experience on Royal Caribbean Line, Mariner of the Seas, they did NOT allow childrem of any age in the dining room as a general rule. However, if they werent busy you could approach the matre'd and it would be at his discretion if he allowed your child to dine, and even then the earliest times were 'politely suggested'. But I am very pleases that Princess dows allow children. Out of respect for the otjer diners though I would only hope though that parents would use their discretion and not bring children in for a two hour dinner who were not capable of behaving properly for the duration. Just my 2 cents on that...

We took our 10 and 15 year old DD's to Sabatinis on the Crown. While they are both excellent eaters, the geography of Sabatini's is not conducive to food. Sabatini's on the crown is on Deck 45 :eek: or just about, meaning that any slight movement of the ship is felt a lot more up there.

After an hour of appetizers, both children were excused to their cabin complaining of wooziness. They took a Dramamine each and were fine afterwards. My significant other and myself enjoyed a peaceful dinner alone, got to eat their entrees as well, and in a very classy Princess move, we were not charged for the children.

From what I gathered it was not the food that woozied them, but the altitude and boat movement. We did our nightly pizza raid later that night and they were fine. It was not BAD bad, more like eating in an airliner hitting pockets of turbulence.

We took our 10 and 15 year old DD's to Sabatinis on the Crown. While they are both excellent eaters, the geography of Sabatini's is not conducive to food. Sabatini's on the crown is on Deck 45 :eek: or just about, meaning that any slight movement of the ship is felt a lot more up there.

After an hour of appetizers, both children were excused to their cabin complaining of wooziness. They took a Dramamine each and were fine afterwards. My significant other and myself enjoyed a peaceful dinner alone, got to eat their entrees as well, and in a very classy Princess move, we were not charged for the children.

From what I gathered it was not the food that woozied them, but the altitude and boat movement. We did our nightly pizza raid later that night and they were fine. It was not BAD bad, more like eating in an airliner hitting pockets of turbulence.

Deck 45???!!! No wonder you felt a lot of movement being up that high!!!!!LOL

Sorry...just couldn't resist.

Archived