Seattle Hotels

wrp96

Well, I booked the Edgewater for precruise. They also have a 2 for cruise package there.

Unfortunately, I don't qualify for it at either the Marriott or the Edgewater because 2 adult family members decided to join us. Edgewater's package is only for 2 people per room. Marriotts is for 2 adults, 2 kids (and since I'm the youngest one of our group going, I don't think they'd let me sneak by as a kid:p).

I gave my mom the choice and she wanted the Edgewater.

Now, I've got to really give thought to post cruise. It will probably be the Westin as we are both Westin fans (and I may be able to use my points for that cruise) and shopping fans.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle this summer for 2 nights. Lovely hotel, near the end of the shopping area and restaurants. It has a Ruth Chris Steakhouse for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, attached via the lobby is a Starbucks with seats for a quick breakfast or lunch and a Cheesecake Factory next door. It was a 3 block walk to the monorail which for $2.00 and 3 minutes later took you to The Space Needle (definitely make a reservaton to eat on top of it - it takes 47 minutes to make a rotation). There is a charge to go up it, but free if you eat in the restaurant (however pricey). The Hyatt was also a stop on SEATAC - bus transportation from the airport. Informative and helpful concierge hosts. They sent us lots of brochures so we could book our tours prior to our stay -- a must in prime season. We loved the Seattle City Tour and the Mount Ranier tour (11 hours - but wonderful). Enjoy

Thanks for the suggestion of the Grand Hyatt.

One thing I won't be doing in Seattle is the Space Needle. I did it as a child and got the scare of my life. It's probably part of the reason I'm afraid of heights now!:o

Just flew in from Seattle yesterday. We stayed at the Waterfront Marriott, and we were staring at it from the aft of the Mercury as we ate breakfast (before we could disembark). I kept telling DH that I thought that was our hotel, but because the signage is so discreet, we couldn't see it. It's very nice, and I would stay there again in a heartbeat (especially if it was gifted to us again!!). When we walked into our room, I immediately told DH NOT to fall in love with the down comforters! I am way too hot natured for that. They had something huge and very hus-hush going on in the grand ballroom Friday night (lots of security), and we ran into a FOX Sports filming crew in the elevators. And we watched the Mercury sail away that evening without us.

The one thing I will say about the hotel is that is it quite an uphill walk to get to downtown, even when you take the elevator up about 30 feet. Though it is not far from Pike Place Market at all! It is a beautiful city, and I hope to return some day.

Archived