Seattle Hotels

wrp96

Looking for suggestions for good Seattle hotels. We'll be cruising out of there next May and plan to come in a day early and stay for 2 nights afterwards.

We're partial to Westins, Hyatts, and Marriotts for an example of the type of hotels we prefer.

Never stayed there but the Marriott Waterfront is right across from the pier and next to and/or somehow attached to (via elevator i think) PIkes Place Market....

the Renaissance is up at 5th or 6th and Madison and is ok. I've also stayed in the Residence Inn Lake Union too....

Depending on what time you come in, you may just want to stay out by the Airport....just a thought. The a/p marriott is fine too-just got remodeled. The rooms are a little smallish as are the bathrooms, but it's fine otherwise. I thought the food was a bit overpriced and told them so, but the staff is quite nice!

My cousin got the Hitlon a/p for us last ear on PL for eh-maybe 50-60 bucks....it was for about 5 hours as our flight was super late.....but it was fine too. wound up with a better room since the first one was FAAAARRRRR from the elevator and my mom couldn't walk that far after a 3000 mile flight at 1 AM!!

I suggest booking early, then keep looking...rates get SUPER high and never did go down last year!

THere are no hyatts, never been to the westin but it's in a good area...right near Westlake Center shopping if my memory is correct.

Also super close to pier 66 - The Edgewater. It's a "very Seattle" kind of place and you should find it fits in your comfort range.

A wee bit further away, but an easy ride - Inn at the Market (Pike Place Market) and The Mayflower (attached to our Westlake Mall) have nice activities handy.

There are 3 ships in port the day Rhapsody sails. I know that HAL Amsterdam will probably sail out of Pier 30. But I don't know whether Rhapsody or Celebrity Infinity will get Pier 66.

I may just book near Pier 66 in the hope we get to sail out of there. At the very least I'll have a good view from the hotel. May do a different hotel for pre cruise and post. Don't really want to stay out at the airport though, as we'll have the morning before the cruise for a little sightseeing.

THere are no hyatts, never been to the westin but it's in a good area...right near Westlake Center shopping if my memory is correct.

There's a Grand Hyatt at 7th & Pine at the Convention Center. Pretty new - haven't stayed there but I sure like other Hyatt's I've stayed at!!! It's on the edge of the downtown shopping core - 7 blocks from the Pike Place Market and about 9 blocks from Pier 66.

Westin is also usually very nice - also in the shopping core.

Well, Pier 66 is 1600 feet long, so it should accommodate two ships with a little snuggling. I do think I have seen two ships there on a few occassions. Here's a few notes from the PortofSeattle (.com) website.

Q. Which cruise lines offer regular services out of Seattle?

A. Five cruise lines:

• Celebrity Cruises
    Celebrity features the Mercury on 7-day voyages to Alaska, and three and four-day cruises to Pacific Northwest destinations. Contact your local travel agent, or call (800) 647-2251.
  • Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL)
    NCL has made Seattle its homeport for spectacular 7-day summer cruises to Alaska with departures on Saturdays and Sundays on board the NCL Sun and the NCL Star. For sales info, please contact your local travel agent, or call (800) 327-7030.
  • Holland America Line (HAL)
    Holland America Line offers 7-day cruises from Seattle to Alaska on board the ms Zaandam, ms Oosterdam and the ms Westerdam. For sales info, please contact your local travel agent, or call (877) 932-4259.
  • Princess Cruises
    Princess Cruises offers 7-day cruises from Seattle to Alaska on board the Dawn Princess and the Sun Princess. Princess ships will depart from the Terminal 30 Cruise Facility located at the south end of Seattle's downtown waterfront. For sales info, please contact your local travel agent, or call (800) 421-1700.
  • Royal Caribbean
    Royal Caribbean offers 7-day cruises to Alaska on the Vision of the Seas departing Terminal 30 every Friday. For sales information please contact your local travel agent or call (866) 562-7625

Q. How do I book a cruise?

A. Please contact your local travel agent.

Q. How do I get from Sea-Tac Airport to the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal?

A. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the cruise terminal from Sea-Tac Airport. Taxi fares can range from $25 - $40 from the Airport to downtown. Please visit Parking & Transportation for other transportation from Sea-Tac airport.

Q. Is there a place to store my luggage?

A. Luggage storage is available at both the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal and the Terminal 30 Cruise Facility. Please contact the Cruise Seattle Concierge at (206) 441-6666 for details.

Q. Can you recommend a hotel to stay in near downtown Seattle?

A. Cruise passengers may contact the Seattle Hotel Hotline at 800-535-7071 or 206-461-5881. They can make reservations and can search hotels based on price.

Q. Is there a car rental facility the terminal?

A. Yes. Thrifty Car Rental operates a car rental kiosk at Bell Street Pier and at the Terminal 30 cruise facility.

Q. Are there any Seattle healthcare companies that will provide onboard oxygen services?

A. Three companies provide this service locally: Washington Medical Systems at (425) 391-5906, Lincare at (206) 467-8069 and Olsen's Medical Supplies at (206) 938-0202.

Q. How big are the cruise ships?

A. For example, The Norwegian Sky is 841 feet long, weighs 77,104 tons and can accommodate 2,002 passengers. The ms Amsterdam is 780 feet long, weighs 61,000 tons and can accommodate 1,380 passengers.

Q. How do I get to the Space Needle from the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal?

A. Walking - takes about 20 minutes. Walk north after exiting cruise terminal. The street will turn east, and becomes Broad Street. Walk up Broad Street to 5th Avenue, and you're there. (Map)

Bus - takes about 15 minutes. Walk across sky bridge, go north one block to Wall Street, and go east to 3rd Avenue. Wait at a Metro bus stop for bus #3 or #4. (Map)

Monorail - takes about 2 minutes from Westlake Mall located in Seattle's downtown shopping district.

Q. How far is the Pike Place Market from the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal, and how can I get there?

A. Walking takes about 10-15 minutes. Walk south after exiting cruise terminal following the Cruise Seattle banners on the street light poles. Across from the last banner, take the elevator to the top floor and walk east to the first street intersection. Take a right onto Western Avenue and walk south three blocks to Pike Place Market. (Map)

Q. How do I get to Seattle's downtown shopping district from the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal, and how can I get there?

A. Walking - please follow directions to Pike Place Market. Walk east four (4) blocks on Pike Street to 4th Avenue where Westlake Mall, Bon Marche, Nordstrom, Pacific Mall and many other shopping stores are located.

I copied it and I still couldn't see it. So on Fridays the RCCI ship goes out of 30. Have you noticed how small the print gets after that second glass of wine?:o

But that was Vision of the Seas for this year. I've been to the port's website and they still don't have the schedule up for 2008.

But that was Vision of the Seas for this year. I've been to the port's website and they still don't have the schedule up for 2008.

Try contacting:

Michael McLaughlin , Manager, Cruise and Dock Services

Port of Seattle

Phone: (206) 728-3453

E-mail: mclaughlin.m@portseattle.org

this information is taken off of the Port of Seattle website and they should be able to tell you for sure??

Good luck.

Love, Love, Love the Waterfront Marriott! Infinity will be sailing out of Pier 66 for 2008. I have never seen 2 ships @ 66 at the same time. So I cant help you with your ship. Have a great cruise.

Well if Infinity's sailing out of Pier 66 then I'd say I'll be sailing out of Pier 30. May still stay at the Waterfron Marriott just for the view.:D

First, I want to point out that Seattle's downtown area and most of the areas with the hotels are very tourist-friendly. Almost all are in a free bus area and a cheap taxi area.

Because of that I will hold with my earlier recommendations (and second the Marriot). But there is another really great hotel in the area called the Alexis. It isn't the closest hotel to Pier 30, but it is the closest great one.

First, I want to point out that Seattle's downtown area and most of the areas with the hotels are very tourist-friendly. Almost all are in a free bus area and a cheap taxi area.

Because of that I will hold with my earlier recommendations (and second the Marriot). But there is another really great hotel in the area called the Alexis. It isn't the closest hotel to Pier 30, but it is the closest great one.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely open to any and all. It's been years since either my mom or I were in Seattle so we definitely want to see Seattle at its best.

We were just planning on getting a taxi to the hotel the night before, then a taxi to the pier (or walk it if the hotel happened to be close). Then after the cruise I have friends that are going to be our tour guides.

FYI if you book the Marriott ask for the 2 on a cruise package it includes breakfast, & getting you & your luggage to the pier. Have a great time in Seattle!

Well they are only offering the 2 on a cruise package through this year (so far). I'll keep checking back.

Will also look into the Edgewater.

We asked for it when we called the Marriott reservation line last month. We did the 2 on a cruise package in 2005 and thought it was a great package.

*WARNING* downtown Seattle hotels book up far in advance for the cruise season so at the very least I would reserve a room soon.

Archived