Cape Liberty, Bayonne Parking

Leslie K

I am to looking for CURRENT info on Cape Liberty parking. Is it sill $15 per day and is it secure? What about the paint problem? I really am queasy about leaving our car there for 13 nights. But it's the cheapest option for us to drive the 57 miles from our house to the port.

Thanks to anyone who has parked there recently with any information.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year after our wonderful cruise we found our suv covered with white paint spray....we later found out they were painting navel ships near by and the wind blew the spray on alot of the cars in the parking lot. After much hassel and lots of phone calls we were able to get them to pay to have our suv repainted....it still has small splatters on the running boards, bumper, and any other part of the car that is plastic.....so beware!!!

don't know about the paint spray problems, but according to

http://www.cruiseliberty.com

parking is still $15. we stayed at a hotel near EWR and left our car in the lot...the hotel doesn't assume liability but they let us leave it, and it was fine.

Actually it's $16.00 per day when you factor in the tax. The paint problems have been solved for quite a while now. No worries.

. . . we stayed at a hotel near EWR and left our car in the lot...the hotel doesn't assume liability but they let us leave it, and it was fine.

Which hotel did you stay at? We are cruising in February and I'm thinking of driving in the night before and staying over in case of bad weather, iffy road conditions. We're in CT, so it's only about 2 hours, but it's 2 hours through NY and that can take so much longer. :rolleyes:

Which hotel did you stay at? We are cruising in February and I'm thinking of driving in the night before and staying over in case of bad weather, iffy road conditions. We're in CT, so it's only about 2 hours, but it's 2 hours through NY and that can take so much longer. :rolleyes:

Bridgeport to Bayonne is only about an hour and a half. Just take the GWB to the Garden State Parkway exit 14A. Traffic shouldn't be bad at all. You're not going through midtown Manhattan.

Bridgeport to Bayonne is only about an hour and a half. Just take the GWB to the Garden State Parkway exit 14A. Traffic shouldn't be bad at all. You're not going through midtown Manhattan.

Are you trying to get people lost?....It the New Jersey Turnpike exit 14a Bayonne Route 440 to the Cruise terminal not the Garden State Parkway. The GSP is a nice road but exit 14A is down by the end of the Parkway....

I have stayed at all 3 of the following...all are off exit 13A of the NJ turnpike and about $40 cab fare to the pier......the address is Glimcher Realty Way in Newark/Elizabeth...they are near Jersey Gardens Mall and there is a Ruby Tuesday in the parking lot...there is also a 4th hotel...Extended Stay America but I really don't ever stay in them....(no shampoo or tissues in the rooms..not a big deal, but a bit annoying)

Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott

Country Inn & Suites

The RI and Country Inn have a free breakfast, the CY has one you can pay for (10-12$$ IIRC) and sometimes they have a rate that will include breakfast!

In a perfect world you should be able to get from Bridgeport, CT to Cape Liberty in 1 hour 30 minutes, but nothing is perfect.

You are lucky if you get there in 2 hours (they say to allow 2 hours 30 minutes) with all the traffic and there is ALWAYS traffic. It took my husband over an hour to go 8 miles on I-95 wast week when it rained.

If I was coming from Bridgeport to Cape Liberty I would allow a good 2 and a half hours just to be safe.

Celebrity/RCCL provides a bus that stops in Bridgeport (originates in Rhode Island) that will pick you up at the Bridgeport bus terminal. It's $105 per person roundtrip.

Are you trying to get people lost?....It the New Jersey Turnpike exit 14a Bayonne Route 440 to the Cruise terminal not the Garden State Parkway. The GSP is a nice road but exit 14A is down by the end of the Parkway....

Hi, smeyer. Just used your directions to the Manhattan pier this summer. Thanks again for the great information. My GPS had me doing backflips to get there. Did I say thanks again? :D

Never ever confuse the Parkway and the Turnpike. Did that on the way to a wedding in Philly. We were in Maryland when I realized I had made the mistake. :rolleyes: Missed lunch with the parents, but did make the wedding!:o

For kewlguy: We're sailing on a Friday and don't want to deal with weekday traffic, especially if we have snow or ice. Thanks for the concern, though.

Meg, thanks for the information. Do any of those hotels offer a shuttle to the port? I've been reading about Best Western doing that. I always like Marriott. I used to work for them.

Celebrity/RCCL provides a bus that stops in Bridgeport (originates in Rhode Island) that will pick you up at the Bridgeport bus terminal. It's $105 per person roundtrip.

I know about the bus. Quite a few from my roll call are taking advantage. However, there are 4 of us and that's quite a chunk of change. I could hire a limo for that! :eek: Thanks, though.

I know about the bus. Quite a few from my roll call are taking advantage. However, there are 4 of us and that's quite a chunk of change. I could hire a limo for that! :eek: Thanks, though.

Shriley, yes for 4 that would be quite a chunk and why are limos SO EXPENSIVE. I got a few quotes and they were all around $340 round trip that's from Stamford. I just found another place out of White Plains, NY that I'm waiting for a quote on. I have a $40 off coupon for them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Shriley, yes for 4 that would be quite a chunk and why are limos SO EXPENSIVE. I got a few quotes and they were all around $340 round trip that's from Stamford. I just found another place out of White Plains, NY that I'm waiting for a quote on. I have a $40 off coupon for them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I wish you good luck with that. I have no idea why limos are so expensive. It's almost as expensive as flying to FL.

We drove to Bayonne last October and the only time we hit traffic was near the Meadowlands since there was a game that day. It took us a little over 2 hours to get to the port. And the weather was perfect.

I don't want to spend hours on the road and possibly miss the ship if the weather is bad or there is a bad accident, which does happen more often in the winter.

Where does your dh work? Mine is in Manhattan, but takes the train. He says he would never drive in everyday. A co-worker told him it took her almost 5 hours to get home the other day, and that was at mid-day not rush hour. Traffic around here is just nuts!

I wish you good luck with that. I have no idea why limos are so expensive. It's almost as expensive as flying to FL.

We drove to Bayonne last October and the only time we hit traffic was near the Meadowlands since there was a game that day. It took us a little over 2 hours to get to the port. And the weather was perfect.

I don't want to spend hours on the road and possibly miss the ship if the weather is bad or there is a bad accident, which does happen more often in the winter.

Where does your dh work? Mine is in Manhattan, but takes the train. He says he would never drive in everyday. A co-worker told him it took her almost 5 hours to get home the other day, and that was at mid-day not rush hour. Traffic around here is just nuts!

My husband only works in Greenwich, CT and it took him over an hour to get home last Thursday because of the horrendous storm we had. We had 5 inches of rain in 3 hours and Stamford was under water. He had to turn around a few times because streets were impassable.

I have been monitoring the traffic for the last few weeks and it's never great. If the weather is bad forget it. We leave on a Tuesday and come back on a Monday. If we drive we plan on leaving our house at 9:30 AM and hopefully should be there at 11:30 AM. I know if there's not allot of traffic it should take 1 hour 20 minutes, with traffic it could take a good 2 hours.

Yes, we leave in 8 more days. I haven't been on a cruise ship in over a year - 15 months to be exact, but who's counting!!!

Enjoy all your trips you have coming up!

OMG, I think I would die if I had to wait that long between cruises! :eek:

You deserve a really awesome time. Have fun! :D

OMG, I think I would die if I had to wait that long between cruises! :eek:

You deserve a really awesome time. Have fun! :D

Thanks! That's what happens when you send your one and only son off to Syracuse University. He couldn't go to UCONN or Southern CT for that matter- no not good enough for him. He had to over double the cost and go to a private out of state school. Cruises will be few and far between unless I can hit the Powerball

Archived