Benefits of booking next cruise with Loyalty Ambassador

If you pick an actual ship and date, the full deposit is required. If you do a "next booking" and dont pick a ship and date, I believe its only $100. You will get an OBC to use on that cruise as well.

7 nights = $100 per cabin

5 nights = $50 per cabin

9 nights = $200 per cabin

If you book a next cruise then it's a $100 deposit. If you actually book a cruise then it is the standard deposit according to the length of the cruise. Advantage is that you get an OBC for booking on board. You can transfer the booking to your TA if you choose.

We were on AOS & booked a 14 day for next April. Fiancee is a C&A member so we used a coupon that provided $200 OBC for the 2 of us on the next cruise. I think the deposit was around $400 each, fully refundable. After we got back we transferred the booking to our TA & accrued an additional $400 OBC. We also used an internet cafe to pick out the cruise & a specific cabin before we saw the Loyal Ambassador.

I'm originally from NY as well & my bro was in the Corps.Have a great trip.

We were on AOS & booked a 14 day for next April. Fiancee is a C&A member so we used a coupon that provided $200 OBC for the 2 of us on the next cruise. I think the deposit was around $400 each, fully refundable. After we got back we transferred the booking to our TA & accrued an additional $400 OBC. We also used an internet cafe to pick out the cruise & a specific cabin before we saw the Loyal Ambassador.

Wow, we have never gotten an OBC of $400 from a TA. You are lucky.

Ann

Wow, we have never gotten an OBC of $400 from a TA. You are lucky.

It's a brick & mortar agency & also large internet agency. As I understand it they give back 9% of net cruise price as OBC.We've used them several times before & are real happy. Don't ask me for a referral as it's against the rules here.

Sure seems to be a lot more ways to get a lower price around lately?? wow, 9% is great.

It works like this - you now have two options.

first - Next Cruise. You want to cruise again - you don't know when, what ship or destinations. Just tell them you want to do a next cruise and you have to put a deposit down of $100 ( I thought it was per person but I'm sure I can be corrected on that.) They assign you a booking number. When you have your cruise selected, give RCI or your TA that booking number to ensure that you get the onboard credit.

second - Specific cruise. You know what cruise and date you want. You know what type of cabin or even what exact cabin you want. You go ahead and select everything - including early or late seating. You pay the normal deposit for a cruise. Once again you are assigned a booking number and of course you get the price you want on that cruise. If you work with a TA, the booking will automatically be transferred to them and they will take over. But you have to keep the same booking number.

Hope this explains it in detail. It's a nice perk.

LA have access to rooms that your TA doesn't have access to such as the hump rooms. The LA know what cruises are a good deal.

Sorry, but our experience was different then the above.. We went to an internet cafe in Curacao while on AOS & researched a cruise on Serenade. I found the hump cabin I wanted. We then went to the ast. LA on AOS and had to show her the cabin we wanted. She couldn't print out the resv & gave us incorrect info about whether the deposit would post to our Seapass or credit card. We were NOT impressed with the LA. Our TA is far superior.

We plan out a few ideas before we book that way we have options.

If you think you want to book onboard sign up early in the week ,the end of the week gets swamped.

Since we are diamond we get a discount anyway so, sometimes we wait and not book onboard. The $100. obc is nice but, don't feel pressure to book just to get that. :) (You can change your date afterward and still have the obc as we have done that)

Our biggest issue is airfare so, we put that on hold and then look for a cruise and you can't do that with the LA.

Keep that in mind, you may get a bargain price on a cruise but your airfare could be triple price.....ugh!

Ok I have read everything I can on this soooo....

I am considering getting my husband a short cruise for Christmas and I currently have a b2b booked for next year dec. So if prices stay the same I can rebook the B2B while on the shorter cruise (right?) and get $100 OBC for each of the B2B cruises in dec 08? I just wanted to make sure I was reading this right.

crcossel--YES, that is exactly what we did for our Jewel cruise. We booked it in June (during the WOW sale). Got the cabins we wanted, then while on the Mariner, we rebooked it with the LA, so as to be eligible for the Balcony discount (wasn't allowed during the WOW sale). We actually had the booking in June w/our own TA. Rebooked on the Jewel, same catgegory, but different cabins. After we returned, had to have my TA cancel the first booking, and be sure to keep our same cabins for the cruise booked on the Jewel. You need a good travel agent to do this. Hope all goes well! Also, be sure the price is the same on the B2B cruise. If the price increases, it may not be worth it.

Archived