Looking for direction...

Cruisin250

I'm looking for some reviews on the NCL 7 day Med cruises out of Barcelona. I tried going to the CC main board and search reviews but could only find some longer cruises.

Any help would be appreciated, or if you've been on one that would be even better :)

Thanks!!

I'm looking for some reviews on the NCL 7 day Med cruises out of Barcelona. I tried going to the CC main board and search reviews but could only find some longer cruises.

Any help would be appreciated, or if you've been on one that would be even better :)

Thanks!!

The Jewel has been doing 7 day Western Med cruises for the past 2 summers.

Just go to this link and look at July or August cruises

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=350

Just come back from the Classical Med. Did the western med last, if I can help just ask.

My big concern is having enough time at the ports to actually "experience" some of Europe, rather than just drive around on a bus.

Did you participate in the NCL excursions???

I would jump at the chance to do the Meditterean. Fly into Barcelona two days early and adjust to the time difference and see the sites. Barcelona has some nice beaches with beach cafes serving snacks and sangra wine. The white sangra is wonderful. Getting around is not a big deal since taxi service is reliable and not too expensive. Most people stay in La Ramblas however I have discovered the Lower Diagonal area has some nice four star Hotels next door to the huge shopping center and covention center. This area is an easy four or five block walk to the beach. Best of all getting to the port is easy. Even from the Airport a taxi will run you maybe 18 to 20 Euros. The ports on a Western Mediterrean Cruise are very interesting and there is never enough time to see everything. After four days of doing ports your system will be dragging but you just want more. Here are some helpful hints. May is a wonderfull time to do a Western Meditteran cruise. You can get flights at a much cheaper rate than during the summer months when it is so hot and crowed. Not only that the kids are still in school. Ride the local transportation which is usally very reasonable. Example the port of Rome to the City Center (Roma Termini) only cost 9 Euros. A taxi ride will cost $160 Euros. Pizza and a small bottle of wine for two might set you back $ 15 Euros. Remember you only live once....go for it. Your on the right tack. Tim

Archived