2 pack-n-plays - what size room?

jrm9999

WOW! Two kids in pack-n-plays at the same time. Your life must be hectic at times! We were fortunate enough to only have (1) child at a time in a p-n-p...phew!

We did sail on both the Magic and Wonder with our kids when they were infants and have always had a stateroom w/verandah. We were only able to fit one p-n-p in the "open" space adjacent to the verandah door. There is no way two would fit in there because there is a couch that can't be moved. When we traveled with both kids, we were lucky in that the older child could sleep on the couch (which converts to a bed), while the other was in the p-n-p.

Are both kids the same age? Is one slightly older? Could you put on one the sleeper couch with the p-n-p butted up against the couch so that it created a barrier so he/she doesn't fall off the bed?

Good luck whatever you do!

CeleBrat

I had the same issue with twins. At the time they were 4 years old and all 4 of us wanted to fit in the same room (although 1 was 'registered" to grandma's room). What we did was bring on 2 Junior Aero beds which worked great as they are soft and can be "mushed" down. we did this on a NCL standard balcony room and they both fit, although we had to move the small table onto the balcony

One is 2 1/2 and one 6 months. I was hoping to keep the 2 1/2 year old in the pack n play but it sounds like that is not going to work out. I guess we will have to try the couch or bed with rails. We were hoping to avoid that as I don't think she will sleep well as she will want to play.

Thanks for your input.

We have been cruising with our twins since they were 9 months old.

What we always did was asked the cabin steward to remove a lot of the "extra" furniture from our room. End tables, coffee table, chairs, etc.

Some cabins were able to accomodate 2 pack n plays when we could get the staff to actually remove enough of the furniture. They often were reluctant, but we could convince them to do it.

It just depends on the room layout and the willingness to get creative.

We have done it - Good Luck !

Gina

I would be terrified of putting a 2 1/2 yr old in the bed... even with rails. I have a First Years expandable bed rail that fits into my suitcase. I will be using that on the sofa bed for my daughter. She falls out of her twin every so often as it is. No way she will stay in the bed when it is smaller than a twin, and the ship rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived