obstructions

Tao Diva

Can anyone enlighten me about "partially obstructed view" and "completely obstructed view" I've (so far) only cruised inside and am curious as to what the view of some outside cabbins are "obstructed" by. Is it worth the price difference to have a window you can't see out of?:confused: I'm thinking about it because it would be nice to be in a more "upgrade - able position.

Thoughts? caveats? warnings? recomendations?

~TD

Usually an obstructed or partially obstructed view is a lifeboat outside the window. Partially obstructed may have some view (but limited). It depends on what you want to see. I like the oceanview (or obstructed) just to get some light in the cabin...makes it feel a bit larger (and you know what the weather is like outside). If you can get an obstructed guarantee, you may be upgraded to a non obstructed room.

The rooms that Princess sells as partially obstructed are usually very minor obstructions, such as some rigging or a metal beam; but the majority of the view is of the water.

Rooms that are sold as fully obstructed can vary from truly fully obstructed ( the ones that have tenders in front) to partially obstructed (the aft end of the lifeboat) to hardly obstructed (between lifeboats or near the front where you can see straight out over the forward deck).

IMO, you are just as well off to pick a room that is 'hardly obstructed' knowing that any upgrade will put you into a better room. BUT be careful that you pick a room of a higher grade than those fully blocked by the tenders or lifeboat afts.

I'm just guessing here, but I would think that "partially obstructed" view would be something outside your window, like a lifeboat or something and "obstructed" view would be maybe an inside cabin?

Ralphie, there is not going to be an inside cabin outside your window. LOL :eek:

I'll let you guys know in two weeks. We'll be on the Diamond in an obstructed cabin. Didn't have a choice; booked on a flash promo and was waitlisted. We're just happy to have gotten any cabin, though inside was not an option.

Pia

Originally Posted by
ArizonaRalphie
viewpost.gif

I'm just guessing here, but I would think that "partially obstructed" view would be something outside your window, like a lifeboat or something and "obstructed" view would be maybe an inside cabin?

Here is an example of our "partially obstructed" 20050917-24 7 day Princess (7) Golden Princess to New England.

photo#5111958919046135154

http://picasaweb.google.com/milioto24/20050920/photo#5111958919046135154

Angelo and Clare

We were in an obstructed/partially obstructed cabin last May on the Diamond - E611. It was perfectly centered in between two of the tenders so the view was great. I suggest taking a look at the deck plans as I did before choosing. Some of the deck plans can be a bit "off", but the deck plans for the Diamond were a spot on match! It was a great cruise, great cabin and a great price. Worth the savings to us since we don't spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway. :D

Thanks so much for replying...I asked because that was the most obstructed view I had yet seen for a 'partially obstructed' room. But I see that yours was a category F, which is sold as a 'fully obstructed' room. And as we can all see from your lovely photo, there was a great deal of non-obstructed view from that 'fully' obstructed window. Thanks!

Archived