Hotel pool you see as departing

Host CJSKIDS

I have a question, what is the hotel with the pools that you see as you are departing Aruba? It looked like a great place to spend the day and since it's our 3rd time in Aruba we were thinking of simply relaxing at a beach or resort for the day.

The Renaissance Resort is across from the terminal and also has a tower catercorner to the cruise terminal. You can purchase a day pass to their private island, but it does not allow use of the swimming pools at either tower or use of the beach at the Ocean tower. The marina tower which is directly across the water from the terminal is an "adults only" tower with roof top infinity pool. I hear the exhaust from the cars on the road below is a real drawback though. :(

The Renaissance Resort is across from the terminal and also has a tower catercorner to the cruise terminal. You can purchase a day pass to their private island, but it does not allow use of the swimming pools at either tower or use of the beach at the Ocean tower. The marina tower which is directly across the water from the terminal is an "adults only" tower with roof top infinity pool. I hear the exhaust from the cars on the road below is a real drawback though. :(

Thanks for the information.

I'm willing to book a room at the resort so we can spend the whole day. My only problem is the cheapest room is available at the "adult only" side and it will be 2 adults and 2 teens, 17 and 15. I've faxed the hotel twice to ask them if I can book this since we won't be using the room, only the facilties and so far I haven't heard back from them.

Thanks again.

I've faxed the hotel twice to ask them if I can book this since we won't be using the room, only the facilties and so far I haven't heard back from them.

Thanks again.

I "think" that the Marina Tower roof top swimming pool is "adult only". But I do not see why you would not be allowed to use the swimming pool at the Ocean (Suites) Tower.

Also have you checked out bidding for a room for the day on priceline? These sites can assisit you on opening bids:

http://www.betterbidding.com/

http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Not planning on going there when we visit Aruba next year, but I've gotta ask...does "adults only" mean no kids, or something else???
They distinguish it as:

Renaissance Marina Hotel - Adults Exclusive ages 18 and up

Renaissance Ocean Suites - Family Friendly including infants

We just got back from the Renaissance, and stayed at the Marina Towers. For the record, we had no problems w/ smelling exhaust from the road. The pool is a bit on the small side, though. The Ocean suites pool is far nicer and larger. Interestingly, that pool has a swim up bar and the Marina pool does not.

Take the adults only phrase at face value. Nothing exciting going on!

Archived