Viking Surkov Refurbished

DrJW

We have been getting multiple mailings from Viking Cruises...am interested in considering the Surkov, which apparently refurbished..thinking of taking the 5/16 or 5/19 2008 cruise Waterways to Czars. The Viking cruise website doesnt say much about the refurbished ship....does anyone know anything about what it looks like now? Also what airlines does Viking use from L.A. to Russia? Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

DrJW

I cruised on the Surkov in July. The ship needed lots of refurbishing, but the cruise was very enjoyable. You can see my posting by looking at the Surkov sailing thread from July 15th. The cabins are supposed to be enlarged and upgraded to more upscale standards. I think there will now be only one restaurant - there were two on my sailing.

Enjoy the sailing. I'm looking forward to your posting comments about your cruise. If you want to see my pictures, please list your e mail address, and I'll send you a link to them.

The Surkov is to be totally refurbished over the winter.

The total number of cabins will be reduced to about 1/2 of the currect number. The cabins will be larger with hotel style bedding and larger bath. I think it will still be only a shower. Also I think that 1 elevator will be installed. There will also be 1 or 2 cabins for singles with no surcharge. The doubles are from 135 sq ft to 215 sq ft. Also 1 or 2 larger suites.

Archived