E-doc Luggage Tag Tip

Chigirlcruzin

My Valor cruise is in 31 days! I can't wait! We leave for Miami a month from today! I was just looking at the edocs on-line, specifically the luggage tags. Here's what I'm going to do to secure them. 3M makes disposable luggage tag holders. They look just like a luggage tag, but they are clear. You peel back the sticky side, place your printed info, and replace the sticky. Both sides are transparent so you can read it, and the tag is more secure. My company gave us these 3M tags for our marketing seminar in July to ID which hotel we were staying at - they worked great!

My Valor cruise is in 31 days! I can't wait! We leave for Miami a month from today! I was just looking at the edocs on-line, specifically the luggage tags. Here's what I'm going to do to secure them. 3M makes disposable luggage tag holders. They look just like a luggage tag, but they are clear. You peel back the sticky side, place your printed info, and replace the sticky. Both sides are transparent so you can read it, and the tag is more secure. My company gave us these 3M tags for our marketing seminar in July to ID which hotel we were staying at - they worked great!

Very cool... Do you know where these are available? Office Depot? Staples???

:confused:

Pretty much did the same thing, we took some plastic ty-raps and made a slit in the tags...put them on prior to embarkation and they worked fine.

Thank you so much to the OP. I had figured out how to make my tags. I located a laminating machine down the hall and was going to laminate, hole punch and use a rubber band. I read this post and what do you know? .... I have 15 of the Scotch bag tags sitting in my supply cabinet!

After playing with them I found that if you print at 80% of normal size then they will fit perfectly. My tags are so much nicer and sturdier than any paper tag. (and please no comments about "stealing" company supplies) :-)

They come in a box of 5. I wish I could take a pic of mine now to show you the finished product.

one question: will both sides of the luggage tag show?

thanks for the pic! Now when I go looking I wont have to explain what I mean, just show the picture!

My hubby was wondering how to keep the paper from tearing, now he will be happy! :D

This is such an Awesome board!! You guys are awesome people! Keep the hints and tips coming!:)

one question: will both sides of the luggage tag show?

thanks for the pic! Now when I go looking I wont have to explain what I mean, just show the picture!

My hubby was wondering how to keep the paper from tearing, now he will be happy! :D

This is such an Awesome board!! You guys are awesome people! Keep the hints and tips coming!:)

Yes, it's transparent on both sides. If you print them out full size they'll be too large. I had to print it at 80% for the perfect print. I don't know if all printers will do that though.

We've never used the E-Docs and after reading this board and hearing what everyone is doing to secure thier tags, what is the benefit to using E-Doc's? That you print them at home and don't have to wait for the Fed-Ex package to arrive?????

I was just going to print mine and put mailing tape over them and cut them out, are these luggage things any stronger? And I don't see any benefit in E-docs, I only checked that I wanted them because I couldn't wait for Carnival to send them. :D I guess it is "greener" to use the e-docs and I have plenty of holders from prior cruises.

what is the benefit to using E-Doc's? That you print them at home and don't have to wait for the Fed-Ex package to arrive?????

No, it's cause I can print as many tags as I need. It takes alot of luggage to haul my clothes, 20 pairs of shoes, 4 cases of smuggled booze, irons, candles, coffee pot, blender and my personal butler who couldn't afford his own ticket!

Seriously though, the tags already have all your information printed on them except your name and they don't usually send enough paper tags for me. Also, on my last cruise we upgraded our cabin a couple weeks before sailing and the paper tags were no good. With electronic you can print them out at the last minute and the proper information will be on them.

Archived