Carnival Glory port changes

du4mch

I do hope that they can get it worked out to go to Nassau instead of Freeport. We had Nassau all planned out since there is more to do right there at the port or close to it. Freeport is quite a ways from the port and doesn't appear to have as much. I would rather go to Key West instead of Freeport.

Captain Van glad you keep giving us some updates from the beautiful country of Honduras. I see that you are a member of the Roatan Chamber of Comerce.

Well My DW and I are the President and VP of our local chamber too. So I would like to extend a hearty welcome to you.

The one interesting thing about Key West is that there is alot of people practicing their alternate life style girl/girl, or guy/guy. One you past a certain part of Key West it becomes prevelant. And the fact that if you have read any of the posts it seems that it took along time to get off the ship for the short amount of time there. The other point I would like to point out that it is more than 450 nautical miles away from Cozumel on the beginning of the cruise. Whereas Freeport is only 150 miles from PC on the end of the cruise. Nassau is 264 nautical miles away from PC, or 114 nautical miles from Freeport. Which possibly could mean that Carnival would give us less time in Nassau rather that more time in Freeport, which is closer to PC.

I don't like the sound of Freeport either, but it appears as though they just don't have time to get back there on the return trip from the SW Caribbean. As the earlier poster said, Freeport is a long way to Nassau. That will probably be a quiet day on the ship for me. I'm doing a back to back, and will be in Nassau the first week anyway.

I was looking forward to Progresso because of the bigger and better Mayan ruins like Uxmal or Chichen Itza. At least I can take the ferry inland from Cozumel and down to the ruins of Tulum (if the area wasn't chewed up too badly by the hurricane that hit Costa Maya).

I've already been to Roatan, and I'm looking forward to returning. It's a pretty, lush, tropical island that hasn't been taken over by commercialization - yet. The seas are beautiful from up on the coastal roads. If nothing else, take an island tour on bus and see the sights.

As for Belize - been there, done that. Just for fun, I might take the go-fast tender boats back and forth to town just for a nice boat ride - it's free, fun, and breezy.

Bottom line - This will be one of two weeks that I won't be at work, and that alone is a good thing. Even if the ship didn't stop anywhere, it beats the heck out of being at work!:cool:

Ken

Archived