Does anyone know

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know for certain if the American Airlines Baggage Valet Service is available from the Liberty of the Seas? I've called RCCl and they don't know. They did tell me it's available when you cruise on the Freedom.

I believe it's $20 - $25 pp., you can check two bags, and complete your airline check-in at the same time. Your baggage then is transported directly to the airport for you.

Thanks so much for all your help,

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

23 days til the LOS!!

I can't answer your question specifically about Miami, but I just used this service on Serenade for our flight out of Vancouver. We were told that the airline, even if it participates in the program, can refuse you this service (I don't know why they would). It was $20 per person for a maximum of two bags per person. You fill out a form with all of your flight details and submit it to the Guest Relations desk no later than the fourth day of the cruise. You don't find out until the last day before you disembark if you were accepted. You'll know when you receive an envelope with your boarding passes and luggage tags from your cabin steward.

I assume that if you were not accepted, you would receive regular luggage tags in your cabin and a note that the valet service was not available.

I would check with Guest Relations the second day of your cruise and get the form if your airline participates. That will give you plenty of time to complete and turn in the form.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Well, that might explain it although the valet paperwork indicated that passengers with cruiseline transfers were required to be in the theater by 7:15. I was told that passengers in the valet program with independent travel arrangements were required to be off the ship no later than 9 a.m. How they could keep track of that, I don't know.

It was interesting that the person I spoke with at guest relations mentioned nothing about a time restriction. She made it sound as if the airline might arbitrarily decide not to let me participate. Our flight wasn't until 2:35, so we had plenty of time to get to the airport by taxi.

To the OP, I would simply inquire at Guest Relations after the first day and go from there. It was nice not to pick up and lug around our suitcases on that last morning, although I did have some doubts about our luggage actually appearing on the carousel at JFK.

Have a great cruise.

Karen

Not sure exactly why the reason was but we had our 5 year old grandaughter with us on the Mariner of the Seas and her last name is different than ours and she had no checked luggage. And she had to go through special screening on the way to Orlando and she was the reason we couldn't use Delta's program on the Mariner. Guess you just can't trust 5 year old girls.

They will give you information on the program on the ship if it is available. We were on FOS and I believe we received a flyer about it in our cruise compass on the fourth day or so.

Since American sent my husbands luggage to San Juan instead of Miami on the way to our cruise, no way was I trusting them to take my luggage from the ship and get it where it needed to be.

The last I heard from people that have cruised the Liberty recently is that the valet service is NOT available on the Liberty. The staff had no idea when and if the service would be available.

If this has changed on your cruise, please let me know because I would love to use the service in November!

Susan

Does anyone know if Continental participates out of Miami? Would love to use this service again when we return on our Azamara (Celebrity) cruise.

Karen

We were on the Brilliance out of Miami in Feb. The luggage program was not only with American, but United, Continental, Delta, and maybe others. We were on United, and it was very easy. Got our luggage from the carousels and they had people there helping make sure they had it in the right group.

It even arrived with us when we got back to ORD!

Archived