"group" cruise discounts

Liv2kruz

I was just wandering if anyone knows if there is possibly a thread out there that is looking for additional cruise passengers to join their "group" to get enough cabins to qualify for a group discount? Not sure if there is such a thing.....hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

The cruises that are booked the furthest out will get the biggest discount come time for sailing.

Example-- is my crown group has the pricing of today- but in a few months this cruise is price protected so people will book with that price.

My Liberty group priced at 388 pp with a 100 cabin credit. By the time we made final payment-- that price doubled at 700+ pp with no cabin credit. I still had availabilty so people were taking rooms left and right.

Joan,

I did not realize that was you who wanted me to respond to your IM....

The username was familiar, but was not sure who that was. After researching CC I realized that it was you.

If you want to put me on your list again, send me a IM and I will respond.

We had a great time on Liberty in Dec. and I went back in Sept. and now again in 2 weeks.

We are doing the grab-bag sail-a-way party again and I have over 40 passengers responding to it.

Marilyn

The groups on cruise critic are not meant for everyone to hang out and do the stuff together. Most people on my group just book to get the cheapest price. Although we did a group cocktail party on the last cruise. Those who wanted to particiapate could and those who didnt did not feel left out. We had meets throughout the week and it was nice. I gave information for available excursions in the ports and did not set them up as group activities. We had over 2000 posts in the roll call boards- but a lot of people who booked the cruise as part of the group did not even post once... So please dont think that booking a cruise critic group you MUST stay together all week as a group.

That is actually what I was in search of, a CC sponsored group cruise looking for more passengers to join. Where would I find such groups? I am not wanting to start one myself, just hoping to join one!

Not sure exatly when you are wanting to cruise, but you can check out both of the cc group cruises in my signature line! Would love to have you join either group! If you have any questions, please just let me know!

Archived