more Penn Station questions...

johno95

but i know you New Yorkers and visitors will help me out.

if i arrive in Penn late at night, is there anywhere in Penn or nearby where i can sit down AND POSSIBLY CLOSE MY EYES for a half hour? you know, a little nap? there's two of us, so one could keep hold of the bags.

also, is there a place in Penn to check bags for a few hours while we get something to eat, etc.?

we ultimately aim to catch a cab to Red Hook Terminal.

thanks. love you guys.

i don't think there is bag storage at penn and you will need to show your ticket to access the waiting room...also, amtrak police will check your ticket and possibly wake you up, especially very late into the evening...when i have been there in the middle of-or late at night, i've witnessed this...just FYI

(they do this to obviously keep the homeless out, but to be as non-discriminatory as possible, they were waking everyone and checking for tickets.....)

but i know you New Yorkers and visitors will help me out.

if i arrive in Penn late at night, is there anywhere in Penn or nearby where i can sit down AND POSSIBLY CLOSE MY EYES for a half hour? you know, a little nap? there's two of us, so one could keep hold of the bags.

also, is there a place in Penn to check bags for a few hours while we get something to eat, etc.?

we ultimately aim to catch a cab to Red Hook Terminal.

thanks. love you guys.

if you are taking regular amtrak this won't work, but if you are taking ACELA, and you get to penn station before the clubAcela closes, maybe they would help you out....not sure-but the people in Chicago and DC have helped me out....Acela pax are permitted to use the lounge....just a thought.....

There is a baggage check room at Penn Station. I'll find the link for its hours.

Station & Service Hours

Baggage service is available during the following hours:

OPEN CLOSE

Monday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Tuesday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Wednesday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Thursday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Friday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Saturday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

Sunday 05:15 am 9:45 pm

During the day if you are waiting for someone you could nap for a half hour but its not the best idea. I doubt the police will wake you if its a half hour nap...

Archived