September 1st Oceana

poshscot

well what can i say just got back from the med on the oceana,we had a excellent cruise with p & o and will prob book again in the future .Pre cruise i posted asking about p & o as we usually go with rci.The only thing i would say regarding the differences of the two is p & o for organisation is unbeatable,we never had to queue or wait for anything and prices on board were very reasonable,But we found the staff and food better with rci.As for the port of southaampton this was excellent and beats the flying experience hands down.we did our own embarkation which proved very successfull we were off the ship and in the car in twenty mins .(but this option is only good if prepared to carry your own luggage.Regarding the ports most were good especially barcelona, and palma .

Carry your own luggage off after a 14 night cruise!?

How did you manage that?

(Last cruise 18n - 9 cases and 4 hand luggage)

How much do you pay in air surcharge??????????????????????????

We will be away from home for 5 weeks, & I have to get all we need into 1 case P.P.

Last year we sailed P&O, so we were not restricted to flight restrictions, but we still only took 1 case each.

Where did you store all 9 cases?

I think Derek always sails from Southampton, so the quantity doesn't matter. Some cases can be stored inside larger ones and then put under the bed, the remainder the steward will take away for you, and bring back on packing day.

-I still want to know what he packs in all those cases -LOL :D

Sue

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on Oceana.

What time did you get off the ship?

We too usually sail RCI or Celebrity so it was good to hear your comments.

we had to be in the atrium for 7.30 am and we were on the motorway at 8am.we had 3 cases with us which was plenty...:D

weve just booked for april next year on oceanas sister ship with princess cruises the sea princess.. any thoughts!!!!

Archived