Adventure OTS questions

coffeebean

DH and I just booked the Adventure of the Seas for the October 14, 2007 sailing from San Juan. (we usually book our cruises last minute) Does anyone know who the cruise director is for that sailing or at best who was cruise director when you sailed on her?

I'd like to know the good and bad about this ship. Looking forward to our 4th Voyager class ship cruise. We have been on the Voyager twice and the Mariner once. Had great times on both of these ships.

Any input will be appreciated.

Happy cruising!:)

DH and I just booked the Adventure of the Seas for the October 14, 2007 sailing from San Juan. (we usually book our cruises last minute) Does anyone know who the cruise director is for that sailing or at best who was cruise director when you sailed on her?

I'd like to know the good and bad about this ship. Looking forward to our 4th Voyager class ship cruise. We have been on the Voyager twice and the Mariner once. Had great times on both of these ships.

Any input will be appreciated.

Happy cruising!:)

Coffeebean - the AOS is my favorite ship. I have sailed her 3 x with another B2B coming up this February.

What can I say? Great ship, awesome itinerary and fantastic crew make the AOS a ship I want to return to again and again :)

I have a bunch of pictures on webshots - just do a search under ckrobyn101 and you will find them :o

If you have specific questions just ask and I'm sure myself or anyone who has sailed the AOS can answer you.

You picked a great ship!

This is a theme cruise. I'm 33, so I don't who these people are (except the Supremes). But it sounds fun.

star2.bmpThe Style: Rock 'n Roll

The Theme: Legendary Ladies of Rock on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas

The Date: October 14 - 21, 2007

Details: Mary Wilson (of the Supremes), Shirley Alston (original lead singer of the Shirelles), The Dixie Cups, The Angels, Arlene Smith (original lead singer of the Chantels)

I just sailed on AOS the week of 9/9/07. We had CAPTAIN TOMMY :D His announcements were always upbeat and pleasant. This was my 1st cruise so I really have no way to compare AOS to any other ship! Being my 1st cruise it was as if EVERYTHING was amazing. Next time I might not book so many excursions nor will I ask for the last dinner seating. Since doing so many excursions, and then having the late dinner, we were too exhausted to go to any of the onboard entertainment shows. By the time we got out of the dining room it was 10:20pm and up to the cabin we went!!!! And I am only 33! :eek: Guess I'll just have to go on more cruises so I can form a better opinion!

I can't remember the cruise director's name, but I think it was Mike something hard to spell/pronounce. We were on the 9/2 sailing, and I believe that he was getting off the ship with us in San Juan to go home to Canada for a little while. Not sure who's filling in.

No matter who the cruise director is, you'll love the Adventure. She's a beautiful ship with a great crew. We loved our cabin attendent (Natasha) and our waitstaff (Mustafa head waiter, Sylvester waiter, Susan assistant waiter). They all went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. One tip if you like cocktails - get the champagne card at the Champagne Bar. It's about $43 for 10 champagne cocktails. My sister and I got one and used it to have go have a cocktail and a few canapes, which they serve at the Champagne Bar, before dinner. Note that you can get different champagne cocktails from those listed on the card, too. We were able to order the ones listed on the card and in the regular champagne cocktail menu.:D

I can't remember the cruise director's name, but I think it was Mike something hard to spell/pronounce. We were on the 9/2 sailing, and I believe that he was getting off the ship with us in San Juan to go home to Canada for a little while. Not sure who's filling in.

No matter who the cruise director is, you'll love the Adventure. She's a beautiful ship with a great crew. We loved our cabin attendent (Natasha) and our waitstaff (Mustafa head waiter, Sylvester waiter, Susan assistant waiter). They all went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. One tip if you like cocktails - get the champagne card at the Champagne Bar. It's about $43 for 10 champagne cocktails. My sister and I got one and used it to have go have a cocktail and a few canapes, which they serve at the Champagne Bar, before dinner. Note that you can get different champagne cocktails from those listed on the card, too. We were able to order the ones listed on the card and in the regular champagne cocktail menu.:D

Beth - we also had Mustafa as our Head Waiter and thought he and his team were outstanding!!!

Beth - we also had Mustafa as our Head Waiter and thought he and his team were outstanding!!!

They were amazing! I was actually kind of dreading the whole dining room experience after what my husband and I put up with on our honeymoon. We sailed the Liberty's maiden voyage and were placed at a table with tablemates who were much older than us and a really rude, slow waitstaff. I just didn't have the energy to deal with it at night after all of our activities during the day, so we stopped going to the dining room after the second night. But on the Adventure, everything was perfect. The waitstaff were friendly and helpful, and our tablemates were exactly our ages. I couldn't have done better if I had planned it myself!:D

They were amazing! I was actually kind of dreading the whole dining room experience after what my husband and I put up with on our honeymoon. We sailed the Liberty's maiden voyage and were placed at a table with tablemates who were much older than us and a really rude, slow waitstaff. I just didn't have the energy to deal with it at night after all of our activities during the day, so we stopped going to the dining room after the second night. But on the Adventure, everything was perfect. The waitstaff were friendly and helpful, and our tablemates were exactly our ages. I couldn't have done better if I had planned it myself!:D

I'm so glad you had a better experience on the AOS with the dining room!

Mustafa was our waiter when we sailed the AOS for the first time in January 2006 - when we sailed again in February 2007 he had been promoted ( and rightly so!) to Head Waiter :) He did remember us and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect...and it was!!!

I can't wait to sail her again for 14 nights this February!!!:D

Beth.. thank you for the great tip on the champagne card!

I had NO idea one was even for sale.. how did you know that?

What kinds of drinks are available with the card purchase?

I only saw the soda card mentioned when I was on the LOS and

saw the champange bar, but never saw anyone in it.

I am gearing up for the AOS next yr. We chose this ship for

the Southern route. I hope we like it as well as the LOS.

I hope it is as wonderful as the LOS.. we were so spoiled!

Thanks everyone else for the posts too!

Mustafa was our headwaiter (he's actually the Ass't Maitre'd) on our B2B last summer. The cruise was for our 10th anniversary and was the Honeymoon that we never had. He made the difference between our trip being great and being unbelievable. My husband recruited him to help with 'treats' for me every night at dinner - something he never could have pulled off on his own.

If anyone knows how to contact him, I'd love to say hello and thank him yet again.

We hope to sail with him again someday!

I must agree with Beth and the other posters...Mustafa was also our head waiter and he was awesome!! We were at table 450 with Javier from Chile and Decks from the Philipines!! Fantastic...They were all great with my kids!! You will love AOS!! We booked on board to come back to The Adventure for 8/31/08...Barbados route!!!!

This is a theme cruise. I'm 33, so I don't who these people are (except the Supremes). But it sounds fun.

star2.bmpThe Style: Rock 'n Roll

The Theme: Legendary Ladies of Rock on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas

The Date: October 14 - 21, 2007

Details: Mary Wilson (of the Supremes), Shirley Alston (original lead singer of the Shirelles), The Dixie Cups, The Angels, Arlene Smith (original lead singer of the Chantels)

How did you find out about this sailing's theme and of the Rock n Roll stars that will be on board? I assume they will be performing??? I'm old enough to know all of the groups. I'm so excited. Thank you for the information.

I just got off AOS on 9/16 and the cruise director name was Pierce Ivan. I may not be spelling it correct but he was pretty good. He was very upbeat, and visible around the ship all the time. I did hear it was his first time as CD on this ship. The ship is great, excellent in all areas. Between the activities onboard, the great ports, and excursions you never run out of things you want to do. The week flys by.

I just got off AOS on 9/16 and the cruise director name was Pierce Ivan. I may not be spelling it correct but he was pretty good. He was very upbeat, and visible around the ship all the time. I did hear it was his first time as CD on this ship. The ship is great, excellent in all areas. Between the activities onboard, the great ports, and excursions you never run out of things you want to do. The week flys by.

Did the cruise director and his crew perform "Fountains"? I won't describe it because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it.

Yes, they did perform "Fountains". It was very good. As you said no more details to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet. They did it right after the Love and Marriage Game Show one night. Has anyone heard of this guy Pierce Ivan before?

Beth.. thank you for the great tip on the champagne card!

I had NO idea one was even for sale.. how did you know that?

What kinds of drinks are available with the card purchase?

I only saw the soda card mentioned when I was on the LOS and

saw the champange bar, but never saw anyone in it.

I am gearing up for the AOS next yr. We chose this ship for

the Southern route. I hope we like it as well as the LOS.

I hope it is as wonderful as the LOS.. we were so spoiled!

Thanks everyone else for the posts too!

Rose - I had read about the champagne card on these boards, so my sister and I went to buy one on the first day of boarding. You simply ask the bartender for a champagne cocktail card. It allows you to have ten champagne cocktails from the champagne bar for a pretty reasonable price. There are several types listed on the back of the card, and they'll also let you order off the regular champagne cocktail menu that they have there. It's a nice, reasonably priced way to go have a drink and a few canapes before or after dinner since they have savory canapes and sweet petit fours. If you like champagne/champagne cocktails, you should definitely get one!:D

Yes, they did perform "Fountains". It was very good. As you said no more details to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet. They did it right after the Love and Marriage Game Show one night. Has anyone heard of this guy Pierce Ivan before?

No, I haven't heard of Pierce Ivan before. We will probably have him as cruise director on our Oct. 14th cruise which is only 3 weeks away.

There was a waiter named Mustafa on the Sovereign a few years ago........he was super........He no longer is on that ship and I always wondered where he was..............

Now Im sure there are more than one Mustafa...........does anyone have a pic of the one you are talking about????

Pierce Ivan is the CD covering for my vacation. I will join the AOS on October 7, 2007.

Regards,

Mike

Mike...

Glad to hear you will be back in time for our Oct. 14th, 2007 cruise. I have heard only great comments about the job you do as cruise director. I truely believe that a great CD adds to my cruise experience.

Archived