Transfers to Savona

jones721

Thanks for the feedback. Will probably get the train out but possibly the transfers back. Do you know if there is an option to buy the return transfers on the ship or do they have to be arranged with Costa before you sail?

Thanks again for posting,

Tracey

We did the 7 day Med cruise on Fortuna.

Not sure about the option to buy the transfer on the ship but I would imagine that it should be possible, the staff were very helpful.

The ship was great, the food fantastic, the shows not as lavish as other ships we've been on, but the people were great. We loved mixing with the different nationalities at quizzes and Italian lessons.

One small point that bugged me a bit was that MSC Musica was in the same ports as us everyday, arriving before us and leaving after us.

If coming from some places in Europe, one has several options.

Nice and Milan have the most frequent flights. Nice to Savona is 14 Euro each way on the train, duration 2,5hrs.

Turin is another option. About 2hrs on the train.

But the nearest airport is Genoa, with flights from London (Ryanair), Paris, Germany, Italy and Switzerland. Its about 50km from Savona - pricey taxi but more reasonable if shared. About 30-40mins by train (direct bus from airport).

I've cruised from Savona 3 times now and tried Nice, Turin and Genoa as options. Genoa is the easiest, but flights are limited. Nice is the most frequent but I would in future book Costa transfers as the train seems to have timekeeping problems, particularly crossing the border (mine was 45mins late).

Archived