All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Dinner seatings are 6pm and 8pm.

Yeah I've read that they changed them. The old seatings were 5:45 and 8:15. I guess people thought that they were too early and too late. I personally didn't mind the 8:15 seating. When we are on vacation without the kids, we love dining late.

We just got off the Miracle this morning. Late seating was 8:15pm and they let you in about 8:20 each day. We did express walkoff (dragged our own luggage and we were out and about by 10am. The adult pool never had a lack of chairs. Ship a little rocky going down the Atlantic at full speed. Experience, our first on Carnival, was excellent. Had only two small issues: dinner in the Lido was really minimalist and there were too many public areas and bars with smoking for my taste (gives me headaches). Would definitely cruise Miracle again.

Jerry

We just got off the Miracle this morning. Late seating was 8:15pm and they let you in about 8:20 each day. We did express walkoff (dragged our own luggage and we were out and about by 10am. The adult pool never had a lack of chairs. Ship a little rocky going down the Atlantic at full speed. Experience, our first on Carnival, was excellent. Had only two small issues: dinner in the Lido was really minimalist and there were too many public areas and bars with smoking for my taste (gives me headaches). Would definitely cruise Miracle again.

Jerry

Glad you liked the Miracle so much....most everyone does. :D

Did you have the rockiness the second day? That's when we had it. The ship was moving at 24 knots and really picking up speed....LOL Plus it was extremely windy that day so that made it even more rocky.

I know this is probably a darn silly question but I am really having trouble getting an answer anywhere else, even Carnival..and since this is about the Miracle I'll ask here..does any one know what the dimensions in feet NOT sq.ft. of the cabin and balcony, I am having a hard time visualizing what 185/60 sq. feet look like..anybody, anybody, I have asked, written, Carnival, looked for conversion charts on google, and posted the same question on two different forums with no results..if it helps the cabin number is 6262 aft..if anybody can answer this question I would be very grateful it would really help me visualize better the space I will be sharing thank you..

well you are in luck because we had that exact cabin on the Miracle. Most cabins are exactly the same layout-- balconies on the spirit class are all different

Here is the pic of the cabin:283577025xCvlQF_th.jpg

Here is your view:283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

here is the pic of the balcony:

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

I know this is probably a darn silly question but I am really having trouble getting an answer anywhere else, even Carnival..and since this is about the Miracle I'll ask here..does any one know what the dimensions in feet NOT sq.ft. of the cabin and balcony, I am having a hard time visualizing what 185/60 sq. feet look like..anybody, anybody, I have asked, written, Carnival, looked for conversion charts on google, and posted the same question on two different forums with no results..if it helps the cabin number is 6262 aft..if anybody can answer this question I would be very grateful it would really help me visualize better the space I will be sharing thank you..

It is kind of a silly question, now that you mention it, but it's probably something along the lines of 18.5 ft X 10 ft for the cabin and 6 ft X 10 ft for the balcony, 10 feet being the width of the room and balcony.

Keep in mind that the bathroom is included in the 185 sq feet.

Just got off the Miracle this morning, was our first cruise ever and we really really enjoyed it.

A 10 ft width of the room is accurate, and 18.5 length seems accurate too. There's a lot of space in the room, and theres plenty of closet space. Outside of the closet, you also have 2 huge drawers under the third bed (a full). You can easily slide a 28" bag under the master bed...we had our 2.8 yr old daughter with us and I would saw that we packed a lot of extra stuff than what we should have...and yet the closets absorbed all the stuff and had room for more :D

alcman, I agree with you...the dinner menu on the Lido was very scarce and I was not too impressed with the lunch menu at Bacchus. Also agree with the smoking bit...too many smoking areas and too many smokers. But still, I loved this cruise and will definitely cruise on this ship again :p

well you are in luck because we had that exact cabin on the Miracle. Most cabins are exactly the same layout-- balconies on the spirit class are all different

Here is the pic of the cabin:283577025xCvlQF_th.jpg

Here is your view:283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

here is the pic of the balcony:

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Very very cool, would you say that the cabin it's self was around 18 feet long and about 10 feet wide, was there a chair at the desk, we will have two double beds...your photos are fantastic love them did you hear any noises or have soot on you balcony I've heard that from other forums that can happen on aft balconies, did you have any extra movement or anything special that I should be aware of and would you book this cabin again if you sailed the Miracle again? I know it's a lot of questions but I'm soo very excited...thank you..:p

I was in cabin 4230 on the Pride in February, and I never felt that people could look down at us from the balconies above.

I also didn't feel any out of the ordinary vibration in that cabin. It did seem that there was a bit more of a sense of motion, but certainly not enough to offset the benefits of the aft cabin. I also was able to upgrade from a regular balcony mid-ship, and was glad that I did.

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your help. After reading in a couple of different places that there is more motion I chickened out and decided to stay with our regular balcony cabin mid-ship as I am prone to motion sickness.

Just got off the Miracle yesterday and had a wonderful time. We had cruised the same itinerary twice before on the Legend and this was probably the smoothest cruise of all; mild rocking on the 2nd sea day, and a little more rocking leaving Tortola. Not bad at all.

We had the second dinner seating at 8:15 PM, but they were always late in letting us in, so we just showed up 5 mins later after the third day. The shows were at 10:30 PM for second seating guests and for days with only one show in the evening.

We had cat. 8D balcony forward on the 6th deck and it was not any more rocky than other areas of the ship. The 8C extended balconies were below us.

The most significant change at the pier was during disembarcation every passenger went through customs and security clearing. Passengers were let off in an orderly fashion, and waited on line, to hand over your passport for scanning and possibly asked questions by an officer. We had cruised out of NY as recent as last September 2007 and the process had changed since then.

We docked at 8AM, self assist started at 9:30 AM, and regular disembarcation started at 10:15 AM. We had number 16 and was called about 11:30 AM and met our ride on the pier at ~ noon. It took a little longer than usual.

BTW, we arrived close to 11 AM for embarcation and was on board by 12:30 and allowed to go to the cabins at 1:30 PM although a note said 2 PM. The cruise prior was the 6 day Bermuda/RI so disembarcation was much quicker for them; ... ours had many liquor and jewelry purchases, that were questioned by customs.

This was our third time on Carnival with the same cruise and would do it again... just loved it.

The most significant change at the pier was during disembarcation every passenger went through customs and security clearing. Passengers were let off in an orderly fashion, and waited on line, to hand over your passport for scanning and possibly asked questions by an officer. We had cruised out of NY as recent as last September 2007 and the process had changed since then.

is this new only in at the westside piers? ... in 2004, on the legend from NY, customs checked everyone on the ship before they started to call numbers -- customs officers were set up in a rather small meeting room on the ship and non-US citizens and anyone who had anything to claim had to line up and file through ... if you had nothing to claim, you only had to sign the card and hand it in as you left ... in 2006, on the crown princess from brooklyn, after we left the ship and collected our luggage, everyone waited in line to make a stop with customs ... i don't think the port before returning to NY mattered as on the legend it was a foreign port (tortola) and on the crown it was supposed to be a foreign port (bermuda) but was actually a U.S. port (st. thomas) ...

is this new only in at the westside piers? ... in 2004, on the legend from NY, customs checked everyone on the ship before they started to call numbers -- customs officers were set up in a rather small meeting room on the ship and non-US citizens and anyone who had anything to claim had to line up and file through ... if you had nothing to claim, you only had to sign the card and hand it in as you left ...

This is NEW at the NYC piers... we have cruised every year out of NYC Westside since 2002 and the disembarcation process yesterday off the Miracle took much longer. The Miracle was the only ship in port and we were on the 2nd level to meet our driver at noon.

Hi

Everyone made this ship sound so exciting that I had to cancel my cruise on the Freedom and book on the Miracle. I have a Europe cruise in November and I'm going on the Elation in Jan and now the Miracle for Oct. 7th. I wanted to do the cruise to nowhere btb with this, but I am going to wait on that. I love reading this thread and it will take me a while to complete reading this. I have been on different cruise lines, been on almost 40 cruises and I still love Carnival as a choice. I was becoming a NCL fan, but I don't know whats happening with them lately..........oh well..........Carnival was my first..............

Because of the multiple cruises, I just booked an inside cabin, I like waiting till I get on the cruise to get a room.

Well, keep this thread alive and kicking, I love it

Dorene

Very very cool, would you say that the cabin it's self was around 18 feet long and about 10 feet wide, was there a chair at the desk, we will have two double beds...your photos are fantastic love them did you hear any noises or have soot on you balcony I've heard that from other forums that can happen on aft balconies, did you have any extra movement or anything special that I should be aware of and would you book this cabin again if you sailed the Miracle again? I know it's a lot of questions but I'm soo very excited...thank you..:p

to make the two beds into single beds-- they stick one of those night stands in the middle of the bed. Yes we had a chair at the desk/vanity. two very large drawers are located under the sofa- store your suitcases UNDER the bed.

i never bothered to measure so I cant help you with that- the cabin is very comfortable with two people (considering my first cruise was done with 5 of us to an inside cabin-- i think i can cruise in a closet after that one.

did I hear noise?? no this class of ship is awesome when it comes to sound proofing the rooms-- go down to the riveria deck and stand outside the disco.

then go to the main deck and do the same thing-- this is where they play jazz-- right outside the disco--and neither music interferes with the other.

motion? I didnt experinece any more motion then elsewhere-- and it we did feel it it was a gentle swaying abck and forth-- (I dont feel the sway until I am on land) Now if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are.

We had a cabin (1211) on the Legend--same class and we hit major rough waters. I felt more in that cabin on one weekend then I ever did on any of my cruises on the aft.

soot-- never a problem for us-- we wiped down stuff before we use it. Dont put anything out there overnight. Do not attempt to sleep out there either-- sprinklers go off to hose off the salt water from back there

I wanted to do the cruise to nowhere btb with this, but I am going to wait on that. IDorene

Dorene- with the price of those CTN you are better off taking a cruise that goes somewhere. We did those when the price was cheap-- more affordable. Why are those CTN so pricey??

to make the two beds into single beds-- they stick one of those night stands in the middle of the bed. Yes we had a chair at the desk/vanity. two very large drawers are located under the sofa- store your suitcases UNDER the bed.

i never bothered to measure so I cant help you with that- the cabin is very comfortable with two people (considering my first cruise was done with 5 of us to an inside cabin-- i think i can cruise in a closet after that one.

did I hear noise?? no this class of ship is awesome when it comes to sound proofing the rooms-- go down to the riveria deck and stand outside the disco.

then go to the main deck and do the same thing-- this is where they play jazz-- right outside the disco--and neither music interferes with the other.

motion? I didnt experinece any more motion then elsewhere-- and it we did feel it it was a gentle swaying abck and forth-- (I dont feel the sway until I am on land) Now if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are.

We had a cabin (1211) on the Legend--same class and we hit major rough waters. I felt more in that cabin on one weekend then I ever did on any of my cruises on the aft.

soot-- never a problem for us-- we wiped down stuff before we use it. Dont put anything out there overnight. Do not attempt to sleep out there either-- sprinklers go off to hose off the salt water from back there

REally really good to know about the sprinklers:D I might have just tried that...I read somewhere that on the miracle in particular they've tried something new as far as the propulsion is concerned and it's supposed to be one of the most stable ships in the entire fleet, don't know if they have used this system since it was very expensive to do..but works for me..disco you say..well I've lost my friend she will be in there shaking what her mama gave her, she'll only last until about midnight anyway LOL...Thank you so much for all the great and helpful information and that link that you posted looks great but I want to get this first one down before I commit to another just to see if I like it...thanks

This is NEW at the NYC piers... we have cruised every year out of NYC Westside since 2002 and the disembarcation process yesterday off the Miracle took much longer. The Miracle was the only ship in port and we were on the 2nd level to meet our driver at noon.

yes - it was new, and yesterday was the first time they had to do it this way, according to the hotel director.

Good to know about the sprinklers, never knew they did this. We are hoping the soot is not an issue. We are booked in 4228 and want to enjoy every inch of that balcony LOL.

cabins on deck 4 are covered== so even if it rains-- you will be fine especially with any soot

this is looking down from deck 6 (empres deck)

283579565CHCwCx_th.jpg

the laundry room is locATED ON deck 5 in the same area are our aft cabins.

Dorene- with the price of those CTN you are better off taking a cruise that goes somewhere. We did those when the price was cheap-- more affordable. Why are those CTN so pricey??

I have done NCL and Carnival, I think because it's a long weekend, you don't need to take a week off. If it drops, I will book it.........

We will be cruising on 5/17/08. Still have not decided if we want to go to Nick & Noras. If would do decide to go what night would you suggest?

When we sailed the Miracle- all reservations for the supper club were gone by 4pm and they were allowing on call bookings. (if there was a cancellation they would get a call)

We sailed Sunday- sunday and dined there on Thurday at 6:30 The only people in the place was us-- and a group from the pursers area and the captain had a table for his crew--- Other then that it was next to empty.

Music starts at 7pm.

Tuesday was the most crowded at 7pm seemed all the tables were gone.

It does take 2-3 horus depending on how many in your party. dont make it for Formal nights.

Archived