All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Where is the best place to experience the sail away from NYC? I know on the Triumph we were able to go atop the bridge. (I am not sure if you can access that from the front of the Lido Deck?) Does the Miracle have that or is there somewhere else to be?

Where is the best place to experience the sail away from NYC? I know on the Triumph we were able to go atop the bridge. (I am not sure if you can access that from the front of the Lido Deck?) Does the Miracle have that or is there somewhere else to be?

IMO the aft pool area because you can have a full view of everything on either side of the ship. Or even the deck on top of that. I think that is the sports deck.

Sandi or Anne,

I know one of you can answer this....

We have booked a balcony guarentee for September and my Mom has decided to join us.

I know there are 2 chairs outside...I was wondering, can we ask for a 3rd chair, or is there even room for another?

This is a first cruise for each of us, so not sure how it works

Thanks,

Nancy

I'm not Sandi or Anne, but with the extended balcony 7192 (8G) we had, there might have been room for another chair, but it would've been tight. The extended are 60 sq ft compared to 40 sq ft for the regular. If you pace that off in your living room, you'll see that it isn't a lot of space at all.

You can always ask your steward for another chair if you think it will fit. All they can do is say 'no, can't do that,' but you won't know unless you ask.

Nancy, since you have a balcony guarantee it's going to depend on which cabin you end up with. If it's a regular balcony, 2 chairs fit well. 3 regular chairs "possibly" could be placed out there but it would block your entrance and it would be tight. You'd have to put a chair up to get in and out. If you end up with an extended balcony, you could easily fit 3 chairs. If you end up in a cate 11 or 12 you could easily fit 4 chairs or 2 lounge chairs and 1 or 2 regular chairs.

hill6, I agree with Sandi, the aft pool is a great place to see everything as you leave NY. Another area many use is the Sun deck which is one level above the Lido deck.

We get onboard in 3 days!! Whoooooooooo hooooooooooo! I'll keep answering questions until Thursday! And of course I'll be posting a review and updating our website when I get back!

IMO the aft pool area because you can have a full view of everything on either side of the ship. Or even the deck on top of that. I think that is the sports deck.

Does the ship go under the Verezzano bridge?

There is not a dedicated "Cigar Bar" on the ship. Now if your question is "where" to buy cigars on the ship, then all you need to do is go to the Orpheus Bar on the Lido deck located at the back of the ship. the have humidors with all kinds of different cigars. I spent quite a few $$ back there at night, and enjoyed the stars, a good cigar, and a good cocktail a few times on my cruise.

I hope you have a great cruise. The Miracle is awesome!!:)

Thanks so much, Mark. You sound like my kind of guy. I prefer a dedicated cigar bar due to the fact that some folks mind cigar smoke. I live in northern NJ, and cigar smoke is viewed as an improvement to the air in some locales. LOL.

I always bring my own smokes, and agree with you how great a good cigar, good company, and great weather goes together.

I'm counting down the days now till 6/18. The Miracle sounds like a great ship.

Steve

Does anyone know if standard crib sheets will fit the cribs provided? Also, are the cribs clean & in good condition?

cribs are more like pack and plays. I thought they were clean and in good condition--- but it was too small for our 18 month old. (We let her sleep on the sofa instead

no- the spirit class ships do not have that access area. (sorry)

I like higher the better.. and aft-- you can stand direct aft and watch the world go by.

no- the spirit class ships do not have that access area. (sorry)

I like higher the better.. and aft-- you can stand direct aft and watch the world go by.

Bummer. Now with that in mind we may end up by the mini golf since that is pretty high up. That would be awesome to be that high going under the VZ bridge.

I want the Statue of Liberty pictures.

Thanks

Does the ship go under the Verezzano bridge?

Yup, sure does. :D:D You will think that it won't be able to clear it but it does by only a few feet though.

I love a NY sailaway and I'm a NYer.

Have a great time.

Thanks so much, Mark. You sound like my kind of guy. I prefer a dedicated cigar bar due to the fact that some folks mind cigar smoke. I live in northern NJ, and cigar smoke is viewed as an improvement to the air in some locales. LOL.

I always bring my own smokes, and agree with you how great a good cigar, good company, and great weather goes together.

I'm counting down the days now till 6/18. The Miracle sounds like a great ship.

Steve

Steve it sounds like you will be spending a lot of time on that back lido deck!! That area is also adults only;) Our nightly routine was to hang out a Frankie & Johnnie's to see Music Boardwalk (The band that is there now are friends with the guy's from Music Boardwalk, and are just about as good)then go get a pizza, take it to the outside Orpheus Bar at the back of the ship, then have a good cigar and just watch the wake of the back of the ship under the stars and enjoy the fact that it was early Feb. and it was almost 80 degrees at 1 Am!!

One night we saw some of the glow in the dark luminescent algae in the wake churned up by the props. VERY COOL you could see it as far as the horizon.

hit the link in my sig for my pictures. there are quite a few pictures taken on that part of the ship.

Yup, sure does. :D:D You will think that it won't be able to clear it but it does by only a few feet though.

I love a NY sailaway and I'm a NYer.

Have a great time.

I'm an ex-NYer. I lived in Brooklyn (Coney Island) up until 1982. Then I moved to Arizona. My brother still lives in Brroklyn (Bay Ridge) just a mile from the Verrezano bridge so I'm looking forward to the sail away.

I'm an ex-NYer. I lived in Brooklyn (Coney Island) up until 1982. Then I moved to Arizona. My brother still lives in Brroklyn (Bay Ridge) just a mile from the Verrezano bridge so I'm looking forward to the sail away.

Stupid question from a non New-yorker

does the bridge have pedestrian traffic on it? That would be WAY TOO COOL:cool: to have a friend/family take a picture(or video) of you......from the bridge as you sail under.

Great shot Chitown. How did you get there?

must have been lido deck along the outside of the spa there were doors as part of the forward glass wind screen........I was trying to see how well (if at all) I could see our balcony (hind sight: should have put some of my belongings out to help identify ours)

this was our up view:

2222791270089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

must have been lido deck along the outside of the spa there were doors as part of the forward glass wind screen........I was trying to see how well (if at all) I could see our balcony (hind sight: should have put some of my belongings out to help identify ours)

this was our up view:

2222791270089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks for the info. I will have to check that out right when we board (right after checking on my online supper club reservation and my massage).

Steve it sounds like you will be spending a lot of time on that back lido deck!! That area is also adults only;) Our nightly routine was to hang out a Frankie & Johnnie's to see Music Boardwalk (The band that is there now are friends with the guy's from Music Boardwalk, and are just about as good)then go get a pizza, take it to the outside Orpheus Bar at the back of the ship, then have a good cigar and just watch the wake of the back of the ship under the stars and enjoy the fact that it was early Feb. and it was almost 80 degrees at 1 Am!!

One night we saw some of the glow in the dark luminescent algae in the wake churned up by the props. VERY COOL you could see it as far as the horizon.

hit the link in my sig for my pictures. there are quite a few pictures taken on that part of the ship.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I was able to see where our cabin will be. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Stupid question from a non New-yorker

does the bridge have pedestrian traffic on it? That would be WAY TOO COOL:cool: to have a friend/family take a picture(or video) of you......from the bridge as you sail under.

Nope. Also, you can't take pictures of the bridge even if you are in a car. That is since 9/11.

The views of the bridge from Bay Ridge are beautiful. I used to work in Bay Ridge and had to take the Belt Pkway every day and that road would go right under the bridge. What wonderful views I had. :D

Just a reminder to those of you that haven't sailed away from NY this time of year. Sail away even on nice days from NY gets really chilly on deck because of the speed. Last May people all had long sleeves and jackets for sail away. The higher you are onboard watching sailaway the more windy and chilly it may be so take a light jacket just in case.

The deck above the bridge is where those shots came from. Many people go there when the ship is coming into ports too for great views and shots. Here's my website and there's tons of pictures of sailaway, the ports, etc including many from that site.

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Enjoy!

Archived