All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Does anyone know if there are dvd players in the suites?

There were 2 VCRs and TVs in cabin 4228 , but no DVD players.

The laundry room with iron is directly across the hall and was extremely convenient.

A.H. Riise on Main St. is a great store for that. They are very reputable. Been in business for over 100 years. The service is very good and they will box all the bottles for you and then deliver them to the ship.

There is also a location at Havensight (right where the ship docks) but Main St. has a larger selection.

They also have great prices on perfume. I bought a 3.7 ml bottle of Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue for $68.00. When I checked the price at Lord and Taylor here in NY City, the price was $80.00 plus our 8.375% sales tax.

Hey thanks Sandi for responding. Do you know what time the shopping areas open in St. Thomas? DH & I are planning on doing the Rumbaba Day Sail, which lasts from 9-3:30pm, since they changed our port time in St. Thomas to 4pm, this does not allot us much time to do any shopping, but if we get off the ship before 9am and the stores are open then we may be able to squeeze in some light shopping. I don’t know what the liquor laws are in St. Thomas, but I doubt the liquor store you are referring to will even be open that early? Are there any good deals on rum in San Juan :D

Hey thanks Sandi for responding. Do you know what time the shopping areas open in St. Thomas? DH & I are planning on doing the Rumbaba Day Sail, which lasts from 9-3:30pm, since they changed our port time in St. Thomas to 4pm, this does not allot us much time to do any shopping, but if we get off the ship before 9am and the stores are open then we may be able to squeeze in some light shopping. I don’t know what the liquor laws are in St. Thomas, but I doubt the liquor store you are referring to will even be open that early? Are there any good deals on rum in San Juan :D

A 4pm departure does not give you enough time to get back to the ship. Yes, it's just a 10 minute ride, but if you hit traffic you won't make it. If you chartered the Rumbaba or if all 6 of you are on the Miracle, I'd ask Bobby to make sure you're back by 3 pm at the latest. I would also pre-arrange a return cab ride- that will save time also

[quote name='madaamt']were in 4237 wrap aft!!![/quote]
My first time on the Miricle will be 10-8-08 but in 10-06 I sailed on the Legrnd which is the sister ship. My cabin was 7347. You made a wonderful choice. They are special cabins with 2 t/v's 3 seperated spaces and the balcony is so large that you could have a party. Ask me anything I'm wiiling to share.

[quote name='crisp1']A 4pm departure does not give you enough time to get back to the ship. Yes, it's just a 10 minute ride, but if you hit traffic you won't make it. If you chartered the Rumbaba or if all 6 of you are on the Miracle, I'd ask Bobby to make sure you're back by 3 pm at the latest. I would also pre-arrange a return cab ride- that will save time also[/quote]

You’re right Crisp, I will contact Bobby today and let him know we need to be back by 3pm. How do I go about prearranging a cab ride pack to the port though? Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='Lovely_Star']You’re right Crisp, I will contact Bobby today and let him know we need to be back by 3pm. How do I go about prearranging a cab ride pack to the port though? Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

Whenever I'm in St Thomas I use Donovan. If you're looking for point to point or for a driver for the day. He's a great guy. His cell # is 340 998 9021
If he's busy that day, he has a friend who is also a nice guy and a good driver

[quote name='nyc_ship_nut']That's really wierd, since my cruise is 8/13. I see a list of 15-20 choices. Wish I could help! I don't think I'm that smart, though...

NSN[/quote]

NSN - Have you logged into our roll call yet?

[quote name='Martin 5']Does anyone have any ideas on what's the best time to get to the port in NY.[/quote]

arrive about 11am== you should be onboard about noon.

But this depends on what time the last ship just finished debarkation--- if its done by 10:30--- you will be good to go by noon.

[quote name='MrPete']Deck 2[/quote]

Where exactly is Frankie and Johnnies? I been all up and down that deck plan and did not find it at all. Is it the Jazz Club?? I might have to ask for an updated catalogue.

[quote name='serene56']Where exactly is Frankie and Johnnies? I been all up and down that deck plan and did not find it at all. Is it the Jazz Club?? I might have to ask for an updated catalogue.[/quote]
When we were on the Miracle in June the band at Frankie & Johnnies was playing music from the 60's, 70's, etc. It wasn't really jazz at all. They were very good and the place was always hoppin.

[quote name='serene56']Where exactly is Frankie and Johnnies? I been all up and down that deck plan and did not find it at all. Is it the Jazz Club?? I might have to ask for an updated catalogue.[/quote]

Yes, it's what is shown as "Jazz Club" but there was no jazz played in there that I heard.

The sushi bar (cart, really) is located just to the right outside the door to Maguires. The line snakes in front of that door and around toward the door in front of Frankie & Johnnies. On the opposite side of the staircase are lounge sort of tables and chairs. You can eat there, or do what we did - get our sushi and go back into Maguires and watch tv.

One of my few complaints is that Miracle doesn't have a "real" sushi bar, just the one guy, and one a few nights, the line was really, really long and moved very, very slowly.

[quote name='KatSt']That's the same layout as 4228 except on the other side. You are going to absolutely love it. There are actually 3 rooms - a living room, bedroom and dressing room with a vanity and walk in closet.

We did a cabin crawl on our cruise and everyone loved our cabin the best, including people in Cat 12 Penthouse suites. It's a great location and great cabin.[/quote]

ditto what kathy said.. We were on the same cabin crawl. her room was nicer than our cat 11 aft wrap (empress deck).

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Yes, it's what is shown as "Jazz Club" but there was no jazz played in there that I heard.

The sushi bar (cart, really) is located just to the right outside the door to Maguires. The line snakes in front of that door and around toward the door in front of Frankie & Johnnies. On the opposite side of the staircase are lounge sort of tables and chairs. You can eat there, or do what we did - get our sushi and go back into Maguires and watch tv.

One of my few complaints is that Miracle doesn't have a "real" sushi bar, just the one guy, and one a few nights, the line was really, really long and moved very, very slowly.[/quote]

oo the Jazz played there when I went. Cant beleive how different the Miracle is today compared to then- This is also where our tea time on sea days were. I was soo impressed that the jazz was playing there-- right outside the Disco and the music wasnt blending together.

I am tryin gto remember the Sushi cart--- (I know it was not in the same area they have on the Conquest class ship-- Im gonna say it was a brown cart-- something like they have at the mall in the hallway kinda deal--- outside located by fountainhead.

what was the difference? empress deck or main deck?

[quote name='wcurry66']ditto what kathy said.. We were on the same cabin crawl. her room was nicer than our cat 11 aft wrap (empress deck).[/quote]

[quote name='madaamt']what was the difference? empress deck or main deck?[/quote]
I never got to see their suite on the empress deck, but they said it was a different layout and they liked ours better. They had 3 rooms, but they were different. I wish I would have seen it. Also, their balcony wasn't covered. Only the main deck has covered balconies for the aft cabins.

Archived