All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

CT cruiser - if you called you may be surprised what rooms are available...that's how I got #7258 on the miracle - it's an extended balcony that is 2x longer then the other balaconies - they don't post all the rooms online....try giving them a call.

Laura:)

unfortuneately I'm using a TA this time. I recently moved and my old TA was great. They would call the cruise line and do exactly as you said. I'm not sure what the TA I just found does. I didn't want to use a PVP because I may want to use a different cruise line next time. I sent an e-mail this morning to ask about the free upgrades that Carnival has, if I don't hear back by tomorrow I'm going to be upset. It's not worth it to cancel my reservation and go through Carnival, I have a nice price and a decent room, but if the service doesn't improve then I am using a PVP next time.

CT - call your old TA - they can do everything over the phone and then mail you the stuff...Also, I have booked every cruise on my own directly with the line...if you do your research you can certainly pick your room and everything...you should be able to call carnival and move your cabin where ever you want.....talk to them once you have your comfirmation number.

On the 06/02/08 sailing on the Miracle, DH and myself had cabin 5116 extended balcony on the upper deck...never heard any noise from the theatre..we loved it! The leg room was incredible, you could really stretch out...we got this cabin for cheaper than an inside cabin...go figure..you will love the Miracle....I would not hesitate to take the 8C for the same price..matter of fact, I think I am spoiled now after having the extended balcony! I wish other cruise lines would follow suit!

How do the extended balconies compare to the regular balconies? I am trying to decide between the following:

1. Category 8A, 4th floor aft, above the dining room

2. Category 8C (free upgrade), 5th floor forward, above the theatre

8C is an extended balcony, but it may be noisier because of the location.

the dividers open forward to the rail

we had verandah deck standard balconies

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

and upper deck forward extended

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

This post shows it all.........the regular were fine....but the 8C above the lounge are AWESOME!!

I have heard and seen pictures of the lobster, but can somebody please tell me if CRAB LEGS are available on the Miracle? I had them when we sailed on Princess and since they are under the same corp I was hoping they would :p

There were no crab legs on the menu in either the Dining Room or Supper Club in June when we sailed on the Miracle.

We're trying to figure out what time we should tell my father in-law to pick us up at the pier on 9/6. Based on previous posts, I'm guessing 10:00 AM would be a good time.

Any advice from past Miracle cruisers? Thanks.

We're trying to figure out what time we should tell my father in-law to pick us up at the pier on 9/6. Based on previous posts, I'm guessing 10:00 AM would be a good time.

It's really hard to say. The pier was so crowded with cars and people when we got off on June 10th that it took our cab driver close to half an hour just to get up the ramp to pick us up. It was a mess. We almost missed our plane.

Are you doing the self disembark? Almost half the passengers did this.

As long as you and your father-in-law are not in a big rush to go anywhere you should be fine.

I just saw a picture on this page of an extended balcony. I just switched my cabin to an extended balcony and after seeing the picture I'm somewhat disappointed. There are no lounge chairs????? Only regular chairs? I assumed you'd probably get two chaise lounges on an extended balcony since there is enough room. We were hoping to lay out and be able to sleep or get some sun.

Has anyone else had the lounge chairs on an extended or can you request them?

I'm on Upper Deck by the way, if it makes a difference.

It's really hard to say. The pier was so crowded with cars and people when we got off on June 10th that it took our cab driver close to half an hour just to get up the ramp to pick us up. It was a mess. We almost missed our plane.

Are you doing the self disembark? Almost half the passengers did this.

As long as you and your father-in-law are not in a big rush to go anywhere you should be fine.

We thought about the self disembark, but that might be a little tough with a 2-year old and luggage. We won't be in a big rush that day, and we only live about 1 hour away from NYC.

Thanks for the advice.

CA, why don't you hop on over and say hi on our roll call. Here's a link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687359&page=19

2 Days! :D

Quick question....

We leave tomorrow and it looks like there is going to be at least a tropical storm and possibly a hurricane during our journey.....

How do they let us know if they will be changing our itinerary?? Can I call and ask what is going on and will they give a truthful answer???

They will only change the itinerary when there is a clear threat.

Gustav is already clear of your itinerary and is heading away from your ports, so no problem. The new depression in the Atlantic is one to watch, but it is a week away from threatening the east coast and your sailing route. It won't be a factor on the way down. Maybe on the way back. If they must change the itinerary, you will get a printed sheet left in your cabin.

Be prepared for a possible change and roll with it. Your last port could be changed or cancelled, and your return could be delayed or altered.

But very few ships are really affected each season, so hang tight and hope for the best. If you plan to buy internet access, peek at the national hurricane center site from time to time or my favorite, http://www.skeetobiteweather.com

Have a great trip!

We thought about the self disembark, but that might be a little tough with a 2-year old and luggage. We won't be in a big rush that day, and we only live about 1 hour away from NYC.

Thanks for the advice.

We didn't do the self disembark either. It took over an hour for those who did to be off the ship.

My family are in the VIP group and were the first passengers, after self disembark, to get off the ship.

It was approximately 11 am by the time we got our luggage and left the building.

We didn't do the self disembark either. It took over an hour for those who did to be off the ship.

My family are in the VIP group and were the first passengers, after self disembark, to get off the ship.

It was approximately 11 am by the time we got our luggage and left the building.

11:00 AM seems to be the consensus when I've searched for this information, so that's what I'm going with. Thanks for the info.

I just saw a picture on this page of an extended balcony. I just switched my cabin to an extended balcony and after seeing the picture I'm somewhat disappointed. There are no lounge chairs????? Only regular chairs? I assumed you'd probably get two chaise lounges on an extended balcony since there is enough room. We were hoping to lay out and be able to sleep or get some sun.

Has anyone else had the lounge chairs on an extended or can you request them?

I'm on Upper Deck by the way, if it makes a difference.

depends on where the cabin is located- not all extended balconies are large.

I had an extended balcony onthe aft-- one of the chairs recline back and waws very comfortable. If we put a lounge chair out there it would have taken up all our space.

Asking the cabin steward for a lounge chair- sometimes it works. sometimes it dont.

PS-- dont assume. (did you have lounge chairs on your previous cruises?_)

Do you think that we would get more poeple if we did it the 2nd day on sea, instead of the first day?

for a get together on the first day --dotn expect a huge turnout- LOTSA of people will say--will be there but dont go for any number of reasons.

the first day is tough-- with getting onbaord and getting unpacked-- being someplace for the sail away-

the very first sea day is a great time-- people are more relaxed--less travel weary.

On carnival they have tea time on sea days at 3:30-- we had amazing get togethers for that time. (havermore then one so the people who didnt make it to the first will know to go to the second

Archived