All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Guest LoveMyBoxer
[quote name='VickiD59']You were on the sailing right after our's last year (2010) and will be a few weeks after our's next year too. We needed the Sun-Mon sailing as most of our jobs only allow for a traditional M-F vacation week, so that's the closest too it, albeit adding an additional day. Everyone keeps asking us.. "you're going on the exact same ship and exact same ports???", uhhh, yeah :p[/QUOTE]

Vicki, not sure if you were talking to me LOL! My issue is that my company shuts down the last week in July so we always have something planned for that wee, and thank goodness that the Miracle always is around. I'm glad that next year we don't stop in Nassau but do the PR, St. Thomas and GT itinerary, much prefer this one. As to sailing to the same ports, could care less, I'm on a beautiful ship with my Family and if I don't like the port, I stay on the ship. Cannot beat driving and saiing from NYC!

[quote name='LoveMyBoxer']I'm glad that next year we don't stop in Nassau but do the PR, St. Thomas and GT itinerary, much prefer this one.[/quote]
I'm sorry LMB, yes I was talking to you :) it's nice to see someone from [I]this decade[/I] of postings to chat with. And speaking of not liking a port; we really did not care for PR at all, but will try to plan better this time around. The ship gets in so late in the day that by the time you get off the ship, anything local "touristy" (Bacardi Tour, Forts etc) are almost closed, or you need to book an excur$ion that takes you about an hour away, which none of us were too comfortable with. This time I think we're going to get off the ship asap, and make a bee-line for the closest fort, which will close at 6:00 I think. Most reviews for this Caribbean run out of NY are for the HMC/Nassau/GT itinerary. I wasn't willing to give up St. Thomas for HMC/Nassau, so we'll repeat the same one again. Hey.. we're cruisin so it can't be all bad ;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I agree with you about PR. We have done most of the interesting tours and have visited most of the forts! We did find a "hole" in the wall pub which made the BEST pina colada ever and now our first stop off the ship is to get one! LOL.

[quote name='Sandi149']Hi folks,

I don't usually start threads unless I'm asking questions. :p Some of you know that I have asked A LOT of questions in the past....LOL!!! Mr. Pete do you hear me? hahahahah :D:D Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start a thread about the Miracle. There are others about the Destiny and the Triumph and other ships in the Carnival fleet.

I absolutely fell in love with the Miracle. Maybe because it was my first "long" cruise? I don't know, but that ship and the crew really left a special place in my heart. The service was outstanding. The food was great. My husband and I had such a wonderful time. I have been on several vacations to the Caribbean, Europe, many states in the US, Mexico, Canada and in my opinion this cruise was the best vacation I have ever taken.

Anyone else want to talk about the wonderful Miracle? Craig (Chitowncruiserss), Ann (Mprucha) and others? I know you are out there. :D Any future Miracle cruisers we would love to hear from you also.[/QUOTE]
My husband and I were on the Miracle for our first cruise in 2005 for 7 days. When we woke up the first morning, we both said that we would definitly cruise again. We loved the ship so much we wanted to come back. I understand that the ship has been refurbished since so we booked another sailing for October 17th this year. We cant wait to sail on her again! We have no idea what the changes are but we dont care. This time, maybe we will get to enjoy the ship insead of being awestruck every moment ...

[quote name='CrazyCanuckCruzer']This time, maybe we will get to enjoy the ship insead of being awestruck every moment ...[/quote]
I can relate to that! We were so amazed that we were on a cruise that I know we missed out on tons of stuff. I'm not even sure we walked the entire open deck of the ship (at least I don't remember... see!)
I also hear (read on these boards) that she's due for a short drydock in late January 2012 for some upgrades. Rumor has it it's for a Serenity Deck?
Glad we revived this thread ;)

My first and only cruise has been on the Miracle for our honeymoon. We LOVED it! We're going again this coming April with some of our family and are SO excited to board again. Everything was awesome; from the food to service to the ports. We're going to Nassau, HMC and Grad Turk (again). My only complaint is that the pool was a bit small and crowded at times. I spent most of my time on the back of the ship (adults only) and it may have been worth it to swim with the kids, because the few times I took a stoll back there, the pool was less crowded (believe it or not). The one thing I wish I did my first cruise, that I'm doing this time is eating at Nick & Nora's. I see SO many threads where people say it's worth every penny to dine there.

Oh! and If you're planning on having a beack day, make sure it's at HMC! Best beach Ever. Beautiful water and powder white sand. We rented a clam shell last time. I believe it was $25 (?)....anyways, best $25 I ever spent. I like to tan, but the Caribbean sun can be a bit much, so the clamshell was great. This time we plan on getting a cabana!

Happy Sailings to every one who has a cruise on the Miracle again! And if your still not sure if you should book on the Miracle, I say BOOK IT ! :rolleyes:

-Jacky

[quote name='gunther619']My first and only cruise has been on the Miracle for our honeymoon. We LOVED it! We're going again this coming April with some of our family and are SO excited to board again. Everything was awesome; from the food to service to the ports. We're going to Nassau, HMC and Grad Turk (again). My only complaint is that the pool was a bit small and crowded at times. I spent most of my time on the back of the ship (adults only) and it may have been worth it to swim with the kids, because the few times I took a stoll back there, the pool was less crowded (believe it or not). The one thing I wish I did my first cruise, that I'm doing this time is eating at Nick & Nora's. I see SO many threads where people say it's worth every penny to dine there.

Oh! and If you're planning on having a beack day, make sure it's at HMC! Best beach Ever. Beautiful water and powder white sand. We rented a clam shell last time. I believe it was $25 (?)....anyways, best $25 I ever spent. I like to tan, but the Caribbean sun can be a bit much, so the clamshell was great. This time we plan on getting a cabana!

Happy Sailings to every one who has a cruise on the Miracle again! And if your still not sure if you should book on the Miracle, I say BOOK IT ! :rolleyes:

-Jacky[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. HMC is absolutely gorgeous!

Also, you should definitely have dinner at Nick & Nora's, it's worth every penny!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

This year will be our third cruise on the Miracle in the last four years. Actually we are doing the same cruise we did last year. Just love the Miracle . Sad to see it moving to NY

If you want to join a great group on the Miracle on Jan. 29 2012 Why not check out the CC Member Cruise. You will not be disapointed

Guest LoveMyBoxer
[quote name='billfish']This year will be our third cruise on the Miracle in the last four years. Actually we are doing the same cruise we did last year. Just love the Miracle . Sad to see it moving to NY

If you want to join a great group on the Miracle on Jan. 29 2012 Why not check out the CC Member Cruise. You will not be disapointed[/QUOTE]

Your sad is our HAPPY! LOL!

[quote name='LoveMyBoxer']Your sad is our HAPPY! LOL![/quote]

HAHAHA Agreed! Since I'm from MA, it's pretty nice not to have to fly to FL :)

Attached are a few pics I had....One of those is for you LoveMyBoxer :rolleyes:

And one is the view from my 'obstructed' balcony...I used the $300 I saved at the bar ;)

-Jacky

[quote name='gunther619']HAHAHA Agreed! Since I'm from MA, it's pretty nice not to have to fly to FL :)

And one is the view from my 'obstructed' balcony...I used the $300 I saved at the bar ;)

-Jacky[/quote]

What cabin were you in? We have booked an obstructed balcony for October & are thinking about changing to a regular balcony. Right now the price difference is about $300.

[quote name='Cool Breeze Cruiser']What cabin were you in? We have booked an obstructed balcony for October & are thinking about changing to a regular balcony. Right now the price difference is about $300.[/quote]

I totally forgot what cabin I was in. For my next cruise, I booked 5180 booked and this cabin should have the same view. The key is to make sure you're behind the first 3 life boats on either side, because the first 3 are bigger and more of an obstruction.

My parents are coming on our next cruise and are a floor above us, so I'm curious to see how much better the view will from one floor up....I imgaine you would still be looking down on life boats...UNLESS you are on a section of the ship that has no life boats below.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
[quote name='gunther619']HAHAHA Agreed! Since I'm from MA, it's pretty nice not to have to fly to FL :)

-Jacky[/QUOTE]

Jacky,

Thank you for the beautiful picture - boy??? He is very handsome!

We only booked three weeks ago (ES) and already the price has increased 40.00pp. I watched like a hawk for price drops on our last Miracle cruise but the price never went anywhere but up up up. I still have a theory that certain homeports and certain times of the year just never decrease. I don't think NYC in the summer is one of those times. I'd be really shocked to ever see a price drop... but I'll keep looking ;)
Someone was asking about pics of the Miracle. There are a few in my review link.

[quote name='callydanny']Sailed the Miracle January 2011........back to back........loved it so much (ship and crew and itinerary) we are doing it again in February 2012....back to back again....even the same cabin.[/quote]

Silly question maybe...but do you get a break since you are booking 2 cruises at once? And do you get to stay on the ship when it goes back to port?

That would be nice! being the only guest onboard, while everyone gets the boot haha

We were on the Miracle this past November and absolutely loved it! We were in rooms 5126 and 5128 which were extended balconies.

My parents and I are going to be on her in September for a cruise to Bermuda.

Here is a link to some pictures of around the ship.
[URL]http://indyrobb.smugmug.com/Carnival-Miracle-2010/Pics-around-the-ship/15024160_Lzn53#1122171138_yFBDi[/URL]

Indyrobb, I really enjoyed looking at the photos. I was on the miracle last summer and Me and my family are going again next Thurs. Aug. 18th.

I hope that I pick the right excursions. last year we went to Bahamas but this year it's the St. Thomas itinerary. Everyone has a different opinion of what is the best beach. Also, I have been to Old San Juan,PR before so now don't know how to make it different. Only so much you can do there. I only picked this itinerary for St. Thomas. Also been to Grand Turk but want to do something different than just staying at the cruise center.
Any Ideas out there?

[quote name='cruisegirl73']Also, I have been to Old San Juan,PR before so now don't know how to make it different.[/quote]
Cruisegirl please come back and let us know what you ended up doing in PR. We did the same itinerary last July and we'll repeat it again next year and PR was the only part of the cruise that we weren't crazy about. St. Thomas was our favorite port, and we're anxious to go back to Magens Bay.. we loved it.

St. Thomas has a Jeep and Beach Excursion that sounds fun but it leaves us at Saphire Beach and I wanted to go to Magen's Bay. It's an expensive excursion and not sure if I want to end up taking a taxi to get to a separate beach but maybe I would like it better. What are your thoughts from those of you who know what I am talking about?

I am hoping to find someone who has been on the Miracle recently and did the 8 day Southern. (Aruba route) I am interested in the Camp Carnival activities for this cruise. My son will be in the 6-8 group. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done several searches with no luck, but if someone knows where they might be posted I would LOVE a link to them.:D

Thanks again

Archived