Inside LAX question!!

Laura05

We are coming into terminal 5 and have to get my MIL at terminal 3 we have 30 minutes to get from 5 to 3. What is the best way to do this? Any suggestions? Looked at maps and can't tell if those are roads or what? She is 74 and not a savy traveler. We need your help!!

i havent done that but frankly, 30 minutes really isn't a long enough time to connect...no room for the first flight being late......any chance you can get a later flight??

i don't know if they have electric carts at LAX but I would call the airline and ask for one...

maybe i missed your point...you are flying separately??? hmm...

i havent done that but frankly, 30 minutes really isn't a long enough time to connect...no room for the first flight being late......any chance you can get a later flight??

i don't know if they have electric carts at LAX but I would call the airline and ask for one...

maybe i missed your point...you are flying separately??? hmm...

Yes DH and I are on same flight... MIL is flying different line. From different cities. No chance for later flights... already booked them. Not connecting the flights... just have to go pick her up from her flight. One of us can stay with our luggage and the other can go and get her and her luggage.

Your biggest problem is that the two terminals are not really close at all and that terminal 5 is after terminal 3 on the shuttle route, so you will have to circle back around if you take the shuttle. Someone who is more familiar with LAX will be better able to tell you if it is even possible.

Your biggest problem is that the two terminals are not really close at all and that terminal 5 is after terminal 3 on the shuttle route, so you will have to circle back around if you take the shuttle. Someone who is more familiar with LAX will be better able to tell you if it is even possible.

So on the LAX map... the grey "road" thing is the shuttle route? Oh jeez! LOL This is getting worse and worse. PLEASE someone who is familiar with LAX come help me!! I was hoping it was one of those treadmill type of sidewalks... LOL

I'm piggy backing in on this thread as we are arriving on Southwest (Terminal #1) and are meeting up with friends arriving British Airways (International Terminal)...is it easier to walk or ride the shuttle?

If we get on the shuttle at the arrival section of terminal #1 can we get off at a the arrival section of the international terminal?

My husband has a bad knee and sometimes can't walk too far....I was thinking this would be no big deal now I'm worried?

If I understand correctly, you are NOT connecting flights-you are merely meeting MIL at a different terminal. IF I understood correctly and your flight is on time, you will have to hustle, but it is doable.

Now, can you walk at a quick pace???? LAX is arranged as a horseshoe-with TBIT (the international terminal) at the top of the curve. The shuttle will have to go all the way around the airport, stopping at 5 terminals BEFORE you get to Terminal 3.

If you can walk- the fastest way to get there is walk straight out of term 5 and keep on going. There is a sidewalk on the West (ocean) side of Term 5 that crosses the parking lot (I think the little road is called West Way or something like that). Just walk straight across. You will now be just SLIGHTLY East of Term 3. A good walking pace from the front of term 5-8 minutes. Find MIL and board the shuttle to return to your luggage at term 5.

Here's a pretty good map. See the sign-HELIPORT??? That is the little road you need to walk across to get to term 3. http://www.iflylax.com/lax_map0.html

I'm piggy backing in on this thread as we are arriving on Southwest (Terminal #1) and are meeting up with friends arriving British Airways (International Terminal)...is it easier to walk or ride the shuttle?

If we get on the shuttle at the arrival section of terminal #1 can we get off at a the arrival section of the international terminal?

My husband has a bad knee and sometimes can't walk too far....I was thinking this would be no big deal now I'm worried?

You can board the shuttle in front of term 1. The shuttle stop for TBIT (international terminal) is actually North/East of TBIT, between TBIT and Term 3. Just get off the shuttle, turn left, and you will get to TBIT.

You shouldn't have any trouble catching the shuttle from T1 to TBIT. I'm not certain how often they run, however.

Archived