Now come on don't fib!!! Why don't you dress upscale every night?

flagger

According to two recent threads, over 66.67% of the people who responded say they like to dress up on vacation. Ok for those of you who love to dress up on vacation please tell us why you don't dress up formally every night you cruise. If you are so into tradition, why don't you insist they have a separate area for the men to retire without the women after dinner. Some of the photos you have as your avatars would never have been worn in the "grand ole days", why aren't you following all of those traditions throughout the day?

How about those with suites, why aren't you bringing your own butler and valet with you? Why aren't you eating in a separate first class dining room where the plebians shan't be allowed to set foot?

Like it or not Celebrity is a mass market line with prices affordable to the masses. It may offer an upscale experience but as the pricing structure has not put cruising on Celebrity out of reach of the masses, you are going to get all types. Until the marketing department inserts the words "REQUIRED" dress in their brochures and on their website, and until the staff on board enforces the stated "requirements" then all of your bellyaching about how others are dressed is just like urinating in the wind. If you want to judge how people are dressed, you might be missing out on some fantastic new friends. Some of the "richest" friends in terms of fellowship and companionship we have ever had the pleasure of meeting have been the most casually dressed.

What is that saying about not judging a book by its cover or not judging others.

I don't dress like that every night because they don't ask me to dress like that everynight. If I was on a cruise ship that required me to dress formally everynight then I would because that would be appropriate. If they ask me to dress Casually, or Semi-formally, then that's what I'll do because I always try and act and dress appropriately to the situation.

I only opened this thread because I couldn't believe my eyes that there was yet another "survey" on this topic! yikes. This horse is not only dead but so are all it's decendents, cousins in fact the whole darn herd. There can not possibly any more to say.

im with jan,,, when will the insanity end??? has this truely become PEOPLES MISSION IN LIFE???? :confused:

oh the worry,, oh my goodness,, help me please i cant stand no more i think i have gone off the deep end,, please, please, please, i beg of you please,,, No more,, i give up i will wear frilly dilly dresses every single day of the year if i have to,,, i will even wear them to bed ,,,, no more ,, no more no more,,,, PULEEEEEEZZZZ............... :eek: :eek:

im with jan,,, when will the insanity end??? has this truely become PEOPLES MISSION IN LIFE???? :confused:

oh the worry,, oh my goodness,, help me please i cant stand no more i think i have gone off the deep end,, please, please, please, i beg of you please,,, No more,, i give up i will wear frilly dilly dresses every single day of the year if i have to,,, i will even wear them to bed ,,,, no more ,, no more no more,,,, PULEEEEEEZZZZ............... :eek: :eek:

NiniB, How do we always wind up on the same threads as the OP???LOL

I only opened this thread because I couldn't believe my eyes that there was yet another "survey" on this topic! yikes. This horse is not only dead but so are all it's decendents, cousins in fact the whole darn herd. There can not possibly any more to say.

Actually it was time for a little fun on the boards. I mean if you don't like the thread then don't post in it. Or you can just answer the query.

Jeez guys! He's no more likely to stiff the crew than he is not to wear the tux he rented or to stop posting absurdities! He's never even been on a cruise but has two booked. Tight as a hat band with money but books CC. None of this is real!:rolleyes:

I don't dress like that every night because they don't ask me to dress like that everynight. If I was on a cruise ship that required me to dress formally everynight then I would because that would be appropriate. If they ask me to dress Casually, or Semi-formally, then that's what I'll do because I always try and act and dress appropriately to the situation.

I feel the same way. To me it's about respect for the guidelines of the cruiseline. If they request that I dress a certain way, I do. It has nothing to do with being a snob or thinking I'm better than anyone else. I don't care what anyone else does, I can only control what I do and I choose to dress as the cruise line requests.

Terri

There is absolutely no one who can rise to the occasion to formal night more than me.... In fact, I have made a science out of the perfect gown for formal night .....

Yet, Jan you have one up one me.... At the end of the night, nothing better in this world then to put on the 'ol sweats and hang out on the balcony... Not even I ...the formal goddess, will go to bed in a "frilly dilly" dress....

You are one up on me .....

Jan

(we have the same name..Yikes)

Your right about beating a dead horse. I just posted a message on another thread and this is how it read.

We carry boots for western night and crazy caribbean shirts for caribbean night. But on formal night I make sure everyone knows it's time to party. I wear a black tuxedo with a wild tie and cummerbund and the most gaudy cufflinks I own. And if that's not enough I wear flashing lights on my tux shirt instead of shirt studs. Everyone wants a picture with "the flasher", even the captain. Well no I don't mind trying to be the center of attention. And if people around me aren't dress for formal night I don't let it ruin my fun I just assume they haven't met the right people to have fun with.

Ok I get it. It was a joke. I guess it's hard to tell the serious from the jests lately on the boards. I'll be more attentive.

Jan:

That was NINI that wanted to sleep in a "frilly drilly whatever".... not me.

Jan.

Ok I get it. It was a joke. I guess it's hard to tell the serious from the jests lately on the boards. I'll be more attentive.

Jan:

That was NINI that wanted to sleep in a "frilly drilly whatever".... not me.

Jan.

did i say something???:confused: oh that was "frilly dilly" dress to WEAR to BED,,, :p jan are you in trouble again,,,, :rolleyes: oooh,,, ooooh,,, i told you to put that dress on ,, now look at what happened....:eek:

****BTW,,, we love your threads FLAGGY, keep em coming....

Nini

hey there girl. I just checked and no where in the "CODE" does it say I have to wear a dress to bed. I believe I can wear pj's if (and this may be a technicality) the top matches the bottem. That ok??

Archived