Golf tours

lyntony

My favorite is Mahogany Run in St. Thomas. Will play it in January. The White Witch in Jamaica is also a great place. The pro plays with you for a while.

It all depends on what ship and itinerary they want to do. Have you friends check out the Princess Golf Site. Here is the site:

BTW, these tours are fairly expensive, but what the heck, you're on a vacation and may never see them again. For me, it was worth it

www.princessgolf.com

Scott

Well where do I begin? There are alot of nice golf courses on the islands. St. Thomas has Mahogany Run, St. Croix has Carambola Bay, Aruba has Tierra deSol, Curaco has Blue Bay, St. Lucia has St. Lucia CC, St. Kitts has Royal St. Kitts, Jamaica has a couple of courses, depends where the cruise ships docks. Nasau has Cable beach, Belize has Caye Chapel, Cozumel has a golf course, Antigua has Cedar Valley, Freeport Bahamas has Lucayan CC,

If I left a course out I'm sorry, But having just about played all of these, I have my favorites, but all are nice.

If your sailing on a princess ship and are fortunate enough to have a golf pro named Kate Dunn, tell her I said hello. Then ask her to tell you some of her stories about her golf tours. She is a great golf pro, take a lesson from her if you can.

Back from the Crown on 9/15. Husband played Dorado in San Juan ($237) Port Royal in Bermuda ($155) and Mahogony Run in St Thomas ($175?). Enjoyed each and every one of them. Went with the ship Pro and got on the course lessons. The Pro returned to South Africa after our cruise as the ship went North to Canada.

Well where do I begin? There are alot of nice golf courses on the islands. St. Thomas has Mahogany Run, St. Croix has Carambola Bay, Aruba has Tierra deSol, Curaco has Blue Bay, St. Lucia has St. Lucia CC, St. Kitts has Royal St. Kitts, Jamaica has a couple of courses, depends where the cruise ships docks. Nasau has Cable beach, Belize has Caye Chapel, Cozumel has a golf course, Antigua has Cedar Valley, Freeport Bahamas has Lucayan CC,

If I left a course out I'm sorry, But having just about played all of these, I have my favorites, but all are nice.

If your sailing on a princess ship and are fortunate enough to have a golf pro named Kate Dunn, tell her I said hello. Then ask her to tell you some of her stories about her golf tours. She is a great golf pro, take a lesson from her if you can.

don't forget to count all your strokes!!!:eek: :D :p remember 4&2=6 not 4

yankeegolfer hows the game? remember that guy at Mahogany Run!!

let me know if you do a Hawaii cruise, will golf Maui

Rob

• 2 years later...

I played Cozumel Country club from Ruby Princess April 2009. Course is interesting. If you can keep it on the fairway I think it is a good one to play. BUT if you bounce off into the overgrowth, or into a pond they say there are critters in there you don't want to meet up with hunting for a ball. So take more than you need.

OK I'm headed off on Caribbean Princess next week. I would like to play golf 1 day. Options for me are St Lucia and Antigua. I don't play a lot, but like to have at it, now and again. I'm wondering about opinions form others who have played either option there. Yes, I want to go with a ship tour.

And Ruby Princess had decent golf kits to take off with us. Is that the way Princess does it for all the ships?

My hubby is an avid golfer and has always gone with the ship organized excursions. Princess is great because you have the golf pro on board who is very knowledgeable about the courses. His favourite course would be Mahogany Run in St. Thomas; other good ones are Cozumel Country Club, St. Lucia, Royal St. Kitts, Barbados (Sandy Lane- but its very pricey), and Sandals Ocho Rios. Antigua (Cedar Valley I think) was not recommended on our recent cruise (Nov 09) by the golf pro as it was apparently not in very good shape. Make contact with the pro if you can; Princess has some excellent ones and they are extremely knowledgeable.

• 3 weeks later...

We schlpped our clubs with us last year on Carnival; but we had a suite and weren't concerned with storing them during 5 day cruise...this year we're doing 7 days on NCL and think we'll rent sticks at Cozumel. We played the new Jack Nicklaus El Jaguar at Yucatan Country Club (Progresso) last March..the club house was still under construction...a beautiful course and facility...a little "stout" at $200 per...but as someone else said, "you're on vacation...live it up!". :D

Archived