Is a suite worth it on the Xpedition?

gooch47

We've been on the Xpedition once before. We had a XD Ocean View on the Marina Deck. It was tiny, but we knew it would be.

We're planning on going again and have a hold on 507, an XS Suite. It features a sofa and a balcony but not much more than the XD.

We didn't spend a whole lot of time in our cabin the first time and are wondering if it would be worth $2600 more than the cheaper cabin.

We've been on the Xpedition once before. We had a XD Ocean View on the Marina Deck. It was tiny, but we knew it would be.

We're planning on going again and have a hold on 507, an XS Suite. It features a sofa and a balcony but not much more than the XD.

We didn't spend a whole lot of time in our cabin the first time and are wondering if it would be worth $2600 more than the cheaper cabin.

Honestly, I can't envision anyone who could answer this question better than you can. Actually, I think you have answered it. :)

I did the trip twice--The second time with my 25 y/o daughter as a third and still saw no need for a suite.You know how little time you spend in the cabin and even if it is a bit tight,it's a little like camping ,but more luxurious and no bugs.

I plan to return a third time as they were my best vacations and I plan to get a low numbered 300 cabin. My advice save the money for another cruise or upgrade.

We decided to go with the lower price cabin. The ship is so small, if I want to go outside, I can easily. I don't need a balcony like on the huge ships we usually use.

There was a woman on our first trip that was on her 21st visit! I doubt we'll make it that many times.

We were in 305 and did not have any problem with size. It was exactly and we expected. Not only did we not miss the balcony, but we found that spending time alone (if we wished) or in a quiet corner with a book, on the rare times that we had time, was easy. There are several deck spots that don't seem to accummulate people - felt like our own large balcony and the hot tub was never crowded either. I wouldn't spend the extra money....but it's your call...what type of experience are you looking for... this time?

We are looking for a repeat of the first one with maybe a little more of the more strenuous shore excursions. I ended up with Norovirus on the last one, missed 2 days of tours and was too weak to do anything but the least intensive the rest of the time.

I decided that the money wasn't worth it. I don't know what cabin we'll have yet, but it won't be a suite.

Archived