bobnsandi

I note other requests about the quality/selection

for room service. We are going to be on

the Legend through the Panama Canal, starting

December 12th. We have a balcony.

Current plans are for eating somewhere else

for formal nights (we are not super-formal people, but

that is another post). Anyone with experience

with room service on the Legend? Problems?

How Long to Receive? Selection?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Swanson

Bob. You and Sandi you should not let the clothes other people are wearing stop you from going to dinner. The days of everyone dressing in Tuxes and formal gowns are just about gone. When I first started crusing people would feel real out of place if not dressed formal, but not any more. Country club casual works fine on just about any line these days. Do you know why they have Formal nights in the first place? It is to promote sales. Wine, Champagne, Caviar, Hair Salon, On board cleaners,Gift shop and number one! the Photos.

I was on the Legend last december Hawaii to Ensenada and found it to be a very nice ship and crew. We had no problems with room service, but we did not order a complete meal in our room. We had an aft cabin with Balcony and it was very very nice. Very large. We had room service every morning on the balcony. Will not sail without Aft cabin again, The Best.

If this is your first time through the canal you will love it. It is amazing. Plan on spending the day on the balcony watching the sights. If you are on the pacific side harbor the night before you go through the canal make sure to look for dolfin. We had a show better then Sea World the night we were waiting. The dolfin were chasing fish at really high rates of speed and it was great to watch.

Again don't miss some of the best dinners on your cruise just because you not in formal wear. Put on a Polo shirt and some slacks or dockers and Sandi something she feel nice in, women always look dressed up! and there you have it. I always make arrangements for a table for two as soon as we board. If we find someone that we would really like to have dinner with later in the cruise the staff can always find a table for 4 or even 6. My wife and I have found it very nice to enjoy our evening together at our own table. If we need to meet people we can do it for breakfast or lunch. When we first started crusing we found that we were spending to much time at dinner trying to talk to people we had nothing common with except that we were all on vacation. We also didn't like to hear people complaining about their food or telling us there food was great when we didn't really care for the same dish.

One other thing. My wife and I love to dress up for dinner but, We do it on nights we feel like doing it not because it says it on the daily program. The other nights are CC Casual.

Tom 55 and Mary 40 Las Vegas. 10 or 12 cruises don't keep track but most all of them great vacations. HAVE FUN

I note other requests about the quality/selection

for room service. We are going to be on

the Legend through the Panama Canal, starting

December 12th. We have a balcony.

Current plans are for eating somewhere else

for formal nights (we are not super-formal people, but

that is another post). Anyone with experience

with room service on the Legend? Problems?

How Long to Receive? Selection?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Swanson

Twine,

Thanks for the very thoughtful and supportive

reply! We have recently cruised twice on the

Norwegian Star, and Freestyle Cruising fits our

style much better than "traditional". My wife, as

you noted, can "get formal" pretty easily, but

my idea of "nice" is to wear an aloha shirt

(I now have a closet-full after living here for

5 years) and slacks.

Be aware however, that this subject has been

hotly debated (complete with name-calling on

all sides) on the CruiseCritic boards. The controversy

will never stop. I guess if they don't want us

to eat in their restaurant, they will not let

us in. The only trouble is that there are no

alternative restaurants on the Legend, her being

an older, smaller ship.

We'll take your excellent advice on Panama. The whole plan

here is to enjoy the Canal transit from our balcony. If we had

the opportunity, we would take the small boat "cruise"

that I've read about and just go right back

through again the day after. Unfortunately, it

looks like the Legend will run through the

Canal and immediately get going to Aruba.

Thanks again for your reply.

Bob Swanson

rds --at-- swansongrp --dot-- com

Bob-Sand

I am sure you two will have a great vacation and enjoy the Legend just fine. Order a nice expensive bottle of wine or champagne the first night from the wine steward. The waiter and wine steward will be your best friends the rest of the cruise no matter how you are dressed. Please don't miss dinner just because of the way you dress. Get a table for two and dress the way you like, you might get a few looks but most will think that your are a VIP sitting at a table for two dressed CC Causual. It is your vacation and don't forget you will probably not see anyone you know on the cruise and you will probably never see anyone you meet on the ship again either. The snack bar by the pool has some pretty good pizza, chicken and burgers.

Let me know how you liked your trip.

Tom

Archived