Hairdryers

HAM

Will be cruising on the Infinity Panama Canal 10/28/07. It's been awhile since we've been on an M class ship. Can anyone tell me if I should bring my own hairdry or are the ships good enough. We are flying from Florida to California to meet the ship so any extra weight is important.

Sandy

It all depends on what type/style of hair you have and what category of stateroom you have. In a suite and CC, there are handheld and wall dryers. Lower categories have wall mounted ones only. The wall mounted ones are worthless. The handhelds are ok for short hair. I always have to bring my Yellowbird because I have long hair. Hope that helps.

And sometimes it doesn't matter if you have a suite or CC because not even those have the handheld dryers all the time. People either take them home or they break and X never seems to have replacements. Buy a good travel hairdryer. I found a 1600 watt folding travel dryer at Target that works great. Bring your own, to be on the safe side.

I agree with you, Kitty... bring a travel hair dryer. Better safe than really, really sorry! I have an inexpensive travel hair dryer that folds. It's small and light but it works great. The wall mounted ones will work in a pinch, but I find that the escaping hair can be very hot on your hands if you have hair that takes longer than a few minutes to dry/style.

I just got off a 7-day to Alaska on the Mercury. I agree with the other posters. The hairdryers they offer will do in a pinch - but just to get your hair dry, and that takes awhile. The handle gets VERY hot, so you have to wrap a wash cloth around it or burn your hand. AND the air coming out is very weak. They are only 9 Watts! I laughingly told my husband that he could probably blow my hair dry faster by just blowing on my head! :D

Archived