Can;t find roundtrip to Australia via a cruise line

Mysteryfan

I do not fly and will not fly. I was thinking of going to Australia and back I had hoped on a Cruise line. I am finding it hard to find one that comes back from there to NYC or Vancouver or Seattle??? Am I not reading the trips right? which cruise line do you know that I may have missed?

I am finding it hard to find one that comes back from there to NYC or Vancouver or Seattle???
Have you any idea of where Australia is in relation to North America? A cruise from the west coast usually takes something like a month to reach Australia. From the east coast, you'd first have to go to the Caribbean, then through the Panama Canal, and then across the Pacific. Or you could go right the way around South America.

Cruises from North America to Australia are therefore usually done as positioning cruises (although they are, unusually, in very heavy demand and therefore not cheap). The ship may go there, spend a season there doing short cruises (typically 10-14 days), and then come back to North America at the end of the season.

So if you want to do a round-trip cruise to Australia and you refuse to fly, then you are likely to spend about 6-8 months on the trip, with a long period ashore between the two trans-Pacific cruises.

The other alternative is to do a round-the-world cruise (or similar), which will take you to Australia and back. They typically last about 3 months in total.

From the east coast, you'd first have to go to the Caribbean, then through the Panama Canal, and then across the Pacific. Or you could go right the way around South America.

I just realised that I repeated a lot of what you said, sorry about that. The bit I just quoted above made me snort. Made a mess of the screen, I can tell you.

Holland America Amsterdam, Sept. 19, 2008, 65 days, Seattle to San Diego. I'll be on it ! and the 2007 trip just left last week.

Look it up, it includes 3 ports in Australia.

We have a roll call board going so if you book - look us up.

MaryAnn

Archived