Quality of the Grand

snoopy124

I wouldn't worry about it. Princess is always upgrading/fixing/cleaning their ships. They just can't do it all at once without the ship going into drydock. Every cruise I've been on, I've seen the old carpet remnants taken out in dumpsters. One cabin might not be done yet while the next one has been refurbished. They are always liveable. Princess would never let them get that bad.

I really don't understand why some people scrutinize every little thing on the ship...they should be enjoying their cruise! There are 3000 people a week on these ships. That's a lot of wear and tear, that's why they are constantly refurbishing! In Nov. I will be going on the Grand and will get to see for myself. It's a great ship - we were on it a few years ago.

Relax and have a good time! :)

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I was on the Grand back in April and I found the cabin to be up to the standards I would expect from Princess. I am also going back on the Grand in two weeks and can let you know if I have any bad experiences.

She is a very nice ship and I think you will enjoy your time on her.

My husband and I are sailing hte GRAND in February. Now I am hearing the quality of the rooms isn't so great. What is the deal with that?

Is it liveable for the week?

The cabin is used 24\7, it's bound to have some wear & tear....

If anything is damaged Princess does repair it immediately.

You're not planning on spending the enitre week in your cabin are you?...:rolleyes:

So don't worry at all.

Go out and enjoy the ship.

I think someone reported recently that a lot of work is being done on the cabins. We were on the ship not too long ago and thought our cabin looked great. New carpeting had just been installed.

We heard similar reports about how bad the Grand was before our first cruise on her. We've now sailed her 7 different cruises. I think she's improved over the years.

Snoopy 124, when are you sailing in Feb? We are on the 2/2/08 one and there is no one in our roll call. I feel like I have cooties.

I hear that there is a really cool group of people on the 2/9/08 sailing of Grand Princess.

Archived